Author Topic: Woman from Desmond's Time Travel  (Read 13456 times)

Offline kkehoe5

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Woman from Desmond's Time Travel
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2007, 01:06:12 AM »
Not the timeline switch again, Bernard is still on the island so the timeline remains intact.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2007, 01:33:42 AM »
I don't know why the picture is so bad or what it means but I'm sure it's intentional.  I SUCK at catching the little details and clues but it was almost impossible to miss that.  It was odd how the camera turned toward the picture and then away just long enough for you to notice how odd it looked and see a quick glimpse of the monk and an old woman who i didn't even have to see more of to know it was the woman from his other flashback.

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2007, 12:50:20 PM »
I don't know why the picture is so bad or what it means but I'm sure it's intentional.  I SUCK at catching the little details and clues but it was almost impossible to miss that.  It was odd how the camera turned toward the picture and then away just long enough for you to notice how odd it looked and see a quick glimpse of the monk and an old woman who i didn't even have to see more of to know it was the woman from his other flashback.
They're putting Desmond back on his course. They need him to save the world so they test him and guide him to his greater path.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2007, 01:15:10 PM »
So did the monk bring Desmond to the monestary to guide him back on the path that takes him to the island. Also was it a set up for him to meet penny

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2007, 01:22:57 PM »
I believe so. He wasn't supposed to be with Ruth. He was supposed to be with Penny, so they set him up with her.
P.S. Rough break-up. Imagine being told that you're not in my "greater plan." what an ass

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2007, 01:44:13 PM »
This is likely the key item in this show, Why are they in a picture together? Is the monk also someone making sure Desmond makes it to the island? Is the picture so bad because it was formed from a timeline switch??

you got it

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2007, 01:57:42 PM »
Desmond is officially a "bad breaker-upper"  ;D

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2007, 03:19:15 PM »
I believe so. He wasn't supposed to be with Ruth. He was supposed to be with Penny, so they set him up with her.
P.S. Rough break-up. Imagine being told that you're not in my "greater plan." what an ass

LOL! Hadn't thought about it that way. His first gf/fiance was really cute...and Penny is hot. I need a Dharma monk to fix me up with someone.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2007, 04:03:38 PM »
This is likely the key item in this show, Why are they in a picture together? Is the monk also someone making sure Desmond makes it to the island? Is the picture so bad because it was formed from a timeline switch??

Again I have to agree here
This is just another indication that all of them being on the island may have been set up before hand
(I will not abandon that idea until they prove otherwise)

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2007, 10:31:24 AM »
Is it that bad because of production error or on purpose? It was just so blatantly badly done.

I agree Juggy - the picture looked like it should have had big red neon signs round it saying "Look here everyone - big clue!!" it was a subtle as a ton of bricks. Which makes me wonder... we are a sophisticated bunch and would not fall for this (we find the smallest clues they leave for us) - so it is a double bluff? and what does it mean?

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2007, 12:53:03 PM »
Let's stop worrying why the photo is so horrible and start asking why those too are pictured next to each other. Aren't monks celibate?
It can't be his wife. Sister maybe? but nun sister or biological sister. Dharma buddies? Are TBPTB just desperately trying to make that connection?

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2007, 12:58:55 PM »
Let's stop worrying why the photo is so horrible and start asking why those too are pictured next to each other. Aren't monks celibate?
It can't be his wife. Sister maybe? but nun sister or biological sister. Dharma buddies? Are TBPTB just desperately trying to make that connection?

I say Dharma buddies :P

Offline megetlost

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2007, 03:33:52 PM »
 ??? The pic had a creepy american gothic aura
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 03:39:22 PM by megetlost »

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2007, 03:41:07 PM »
okay okay i'll say it.  i agree with juggy.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2007, 03:43:19 PM »
okay okay i'll say it.  i agree with juggy.

Yeah! Look for my next article, it is on this topic.