Author Topic: Ethan's Crazy...  (Read 9662 times)

Offline ChellyKins

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Ehtan's Crazy...
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2007, 08:57:00 PM »
That wasn't Charlie that was Jack, and if you remember I think that was a lying, he didn't do it himself, if you remember the flashback in season 2 he was in the Staff Hatch with her and others. I seemed they had it all planned out, and At the end they want to open Claire up to get the baby and let her die, You should watch the eposide you will know what I mean.
You're saying JACK was fighting Ethan?!?!?

Man, I am about 85% sure it was Charlie and that's when he strung him up.

BTW, why hang him?

Sauget...it's true that Juliet has lied about everything. But I'm going on what she said and how the dude looked LOL HE WAS CRAZY! lol

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
Re: Ehtan's Crazy...
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2007, 08:59:23 PM »

i'll say it again--  how do you know juliette was telling the truth about ethan going rogue?  it sounds like another one of her lies to back up the claire being sick story.

i'm sure ethan was just doing what ben and the other others wanted all along.

I agree
We can't trust anything Juliette says

Offline ChellyKins

• View Profile
Re: Ethan's Crazy...
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2007, 09:02:13 PM »
Come on...just try to think of the what if's for me..everyone has these great imaginations around here....

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2007, 09:05:17 PM »
Come on...just try to think of the what if's for me..everyone has these great imaginations around here....

OK what if....
And you have a great imagination!!

Offline ChellyKins

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2007, 09:09:46 PM »
Maybe he wants a baby of his own because he lost his when his "wife" died?

I only have PERVERTED imaginations  :D

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2007, 12:43:48 PM »
I'm on board with the whole super-human-alien beings. Ethan was super strong and yes Charlie a little hobbit of a figure but come-on! I saw two fights..
1. Ethan vs. Charlie
2. Goodwin vs. Anna Lucia

In booth cases the OTHERS were over powering the Losties. I have a mixed feeling on the OTHERS being ALIENS or just having bad baby makers.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2007, 04:44:31 PM »
ASSUMING that Juliet is telling the truth, Ethan was just a bad egg... he didn't know what to do, and he knew that the Losties wouldn't take to kindly (nor understand) what the Others are trying to do... so Ethan kidnapped her... still doesn't make him crazy, just morally challenged.

Offline ChellyKins

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2007, 08:25:11 PM »
Oh, I forgot Jon...u think the other's have done nothing wrong.  ::)

The day you have your first child BRIEFLY missing (just out of sight for a split second) and all those OMG thoughts come flooding in...THEN tell me someone who kidnaps ANYONE (man woman or child or woman with child) isn't crazy. Were his morals just "loose" when they do a closeup of his freaky face just before kidnapping claire?? Dude is nuts.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2007, 08:29:11 PM »
Just cause someone looks insanely creepy doesn't mean he's insane.

Or at least he's no more insane than anyone else who tries to kidnap someone for "good"

So, yeah, I guess you could call that insanity, but isn't insanity just people perceiving the world differently than the majority?

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2007, 09:30:28 PM »
wasnt there a nursery in the staff? that ethan had claire in?

was this specifically for claire? if so i dont think ethan went rogue

if not, then he definitely went rogue

i agree that we cant trust juliet (although it sickens me to say that, i have a soft spot for her)

i'm leaning on the fence towards ethan doing this on his own, but to say he had superhuman strength or took some serum to pump himself up is ludacris, he was probably pissed because his plan was debunked, just think how pissed an undercover cop gets when his cover is blown

now add on a guy who is not right in the head (because none of the others are), who's master plan of helping the others/testing claire is blown, no way to reach your leader, and more generic mounting frustration, and you'd be just as crazy looking as him

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2007, 09:37:57 PM »
Yes- S2E15 showed the nursery.  Also- the markings left on the wall by the pictures that had been taken down indicated that the nursery was not prepared specifically for Claire.  It had been there for a while.

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2007, 11:04:29 AM »
Crazy Ethan

Ethan when Hurley is taking roll

It's possible that he just realized he was caught and freaked out.  However, he is all smiles in every flashback we ever see of him. 

Offline daisyrain

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2007, 09:16:51 PM »
And isn't his smile just the creepiest.

Offline ChellyKins

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2007, 09:22:50 PM »
Crazy Ethan

Ethan when Hurley is taking roll

It's possible that he just realized he was caught and freaked out.  However, he is all smiles in every flashback we ever see of him. 

He is ALWAYS VERY smiley isn't he!! Good point. Proves it TO ME even more that dude wigged out over something.

Offline Fallybear

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2007, 10:13:41 PM »
Beating up and hanging Charlie doesn't means you have super human strength. They  cast him as a hobbit because he's little. My daughter could back hand him. I bet he lost a lot of lunch money growing up. (Even the hidden lunch money in his sock)