Author Topic: Flame explosion brings DHARMA milatary?  (Read 6667 times)

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Flame explosion brings DHARMA milatary?
« on: April 13, 2007, 04:21:52 PM »
Anyone think that the explosion of the FLAME station might relay a signal back to DHARMA on the main land to send in reinforcements? Possibly a reference to the purge from before?

Offline zappa1

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Flame explosion brings DHARMA milatary?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 04:45:05 PM »
that's what i've been saying since "enter 77"

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 04:50:20 PM »
I was just wondering because for next week they show what seems to be some kind of a purge or military action with all sorts of cowboy-n-indians type stuff happening.

Offline lost_soul12

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 05:52:08 PM »
I agree next weeks episode something is coming from the sky and the losties are gonna have to fight for life it could be military but i doubt that its a rescue of some sort

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 06:44:07 PM »
We dont know if that is next week or not,  the preview talks about all 5 episodes from now until the season finale episodes.

Offline LOST N LOST

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 06:57:35 PM »
yup, that preview was not next week. If you go to the lost website it tells you what the episode is really about. And i think charlie is going to die. Not really a spoiler just a guess. But yeah read that it is boring that is why they made an exciting trailer.

We know locke comes back in 3x19 next week is 3x17 and we saw locke so something isnt right.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 06:24:33 PM »
Oh Gosh, I thought Charlie would live forever.  The question regarding Enter 77 relates to the computer's use of video prompts.  I guess it was too hard to read little computer printout and that would have been less dramatic.

Enter 77 related to an intrusion by the hostiles....however, after realizing that Ben knew about the C4, I came to the conclusion that maybe Mikail had not beaten the computer or that it was actually Locke (and not the computer) who had caused the explosion.

Enter 77 may relay some message to the outside world, but "communications are down."  I find it more likely that Dharma won't come back to the island as the island has taken over Dharma (and all of the Hanso foundation's resources).

What Locke pushed, he was told to push by the island.  If any signal was produced, it will bring a young black female (there's no african american's on the show currently....they keep getting killed) who will have some insight that doesn't fit with the history of the crash or of the life(s) of the chararacters. 

Enter 77 is a play on Catch-22.  Does anybody remember where the number 77 has appeared before?

Should be good.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 06:28:50 PM by puff6962 »

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 09:58:31 PM »
Well we know now that if it was supposed to send a signal of intrusion, it most likely didnt work, since the island is being jammed by the looking glass hatch.

It does seem strange though, thinking back, if Patchy had an inclination that Locke could have beat the computer, would he want to die in the explosion, or would he even know to leave the building...being in the military, you would think he would know about C4, so hopefully he was just counting on Locke not solving it...unless there was a warning we dont know about...

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 01:44:09 PM »
i want to say maybe mikhail never beat it....or was told to not mess around with it...but if it was programmed by 3 grand masters as he said, it was a pretty short game.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 05:44:08 PM »
The chess game was just a cover for the contacts. i believe Patchy knew about the codes because they kept getting deliveries.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 10:49:23 PM »
There was also an entire binder for food drops, which sayid saw when he was looking through them.  Maybe it tells you the exact moves to make to bypass the game, and Mikhail just underestimated Locke?  I don't know what to think.  I would guess that if Mikhail knew what the computer was capable of, he wouldn't have let Locke be on it.  I suppose he was a bit preoccupied though... or maybe he thought that because of the jamming signal (well, he though that it was because of the explosion, not Ben's orders i think) that even if Locke did pass he wouldn't be able communicate or do any real harm.  I mean, maybe he didn't know what would happen if you pressed 77...obviously no one had done it before...

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 11:38:00 PM »
but he had to know about the C4....its not like you store C4 wired up under the building...

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 01:11:53 PM »
dude.  C4 looks totally different in russia.  You didn't know that?  ;)
And that is a valid point.  To say he had NO IDEA what would happen wouldn't be fair.  But I think it is also inacurate to say he was fully aware.  Um.  I think his actions were a little too relaxed...even if i was trying to hide something, i don't think i'd let someone tinker with things that could blow up my house.  You know.  To be on the safe side.  I suppose this is a pointless argument.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2008, 01:45:24 PM »
Still...it was strange that he ran to the flare like he did.  Was he expecting someone?

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008, 02:14:12 PM »
It was strange.  He wasn't armed, so if he wasn't sure who was shooting the flare I don't think he would have blazed in there like he did.  Unless of course he thought that people only shot off flares because they were in distress and therefore probably weak to attack themselves.  On the other hand, it seems like a very un-other like thing to do.  My guess...maybe he saw the helicopter crash and figured that was the person shooting the flare.  He thought he could get information.  By the way he ran as soon as he saw the losties, I doubt he thought anyone else would have made it there first.