Author Topic: Theories and Questions about the Gas Masks..  (Read 1611 times)

Offline Jordanoth

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Theories and Questions about the Gas Masks..
« on: April 12, 2007, 09:04:11 PM »
Ben is going to show Locke the secrets of the island.. and they need gas masks.

First i thought it was because they were traveling through underground tunnels to some sort of inner reactor core or something where the air is not breathable..

but then we see Juliet is equipped with one, which makes whatever they are doing involve Juliet. In a week, can we expect some sort of mass gassing at the 815er camp? why is Juliet infiltrating? do they need something that only the 815ers can tell/supply them? are they staging another recruitment raid using gas this time? but then why didnt they just gas everyone when they wanted Jack, Kate and Sawyer?

Which leads to my tentative conclusion that Juliet is going to rendezvous with them at a place with a low level of breathability.. maybe giving her a mask was just a story tool to allow a gas mask to fall into the hands of the 815ers so that when the time comes, they don't just throw their hands up and say "we have no plan". at least with a mask one person can be entirely awake when whatever happens happens. I just hope there's sufficient visibility so that we can all appreciate the action..

Offline ChellyKins

• View Profile
Re: Theories and Questions about the Gas Masks..
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 09:07:35 PM »
I thought he gave her the mask cuz they were letting off gas the next day? Had to make it look like they were nailing her too...right? Even if no one can see the mask, they could see that she had something thrown into her home or not...

just my thoughts.

Hi Jordan  :-*

Offline Jordanoth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 09:10:33 PM »
mmm. valid point, the only problem was that they seemed to embarking on their journey with the gas masks.. maybe they were just embarking on the gassing of the huts.. ill have to think more, thanks for the sound rebuttal..

hi bunny.. :)

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 01:39:42 AM »
I think Jullietes mask was to get kate out after she passed out.  The reason for all the others having a mask on when they all didnt gas a house, I have no idea.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 01:54:18 AM »
That is a good point, she had to go in the game room and get Kate out.

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 04:15:25 PM »
Could a question be that Juliet and Ben are the only ones that know of Juliet being in the Losties camp? Did Ben give her the mask so that when the rest of the Others were told to go and gas Kate, Jack, Sayid, and Juliet that they were beleiving that they were leaving Juliet behind with the Losties. Even though she had a gas mask to protect her.

Offline Psych0666

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 05:19:21 PM »
There's some good points here that I hadn't thought of at all, but that was mainly cos my first impression of events was, the Ben Juliette chat, the gassing of the losties, the dragging Kate into the jungle and handcuffing of jules to her, and then the rest etc as we saw last week, I maybe wrong though :D

Offline Kurtis

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 05:32:38 PM »
There was some speculation in some other posts about why Jack was still knocked out when Juliette and Kate returned the next day. Makes sense to me that Kate revived quicker since she was out in the fresh air of the jungle and not surrounded by all the fumes that Jack was.

Offline ChellyKins

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 08:58:51 PM »
Not a bad theory Kurtis.

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 09:03:01 PM »
or maybe he had a mask of his own if it's in on it too - if he's not they could have given him a bigger dose cos he's a bigger gloke and they wanted Kate and Juliette to have some time together