Author Topic: JACOB is a front propogated by Ben Linus to maintain control!  (Read 8924 times)

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: JACOB is a front propogated by Ben Linus to maintain control!
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2007, 10:20:29 PM »
Not really a spoiler, so I'm going to tell. We will know who is Jacob IN THIS SEASON already. So we probably will found which things are really done from the Other Overlord and which are of the fictional character that Ben could be using to manipulate people using his name.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2007, 01:09:18 AM »
There is somebody behind the curtain and it ain't Ben.  Otherwise, they would have never let us get to know him.  In the Wizard of Oz, Dorothy and crew don't come across the wizard until after their adventures.  It will be the same on Lost.  Although, I was looking around the screencaps of Colleen's funeral and wondering.....

Slaughterhouse Five....Him is referred to as present, but he may have been someone from the past.  Tom, Mikail, and Ben refer to the guy so I'm hoping he exists now (otherwise, that would be a tough storyline).  I would make Jacob be a little ittle boy (who can act), but wouldn't fit with Mikails contention that he was brought here when he was 24. 

What if babies conceived and born on the island, when they could get away with it, age and physically mature very slowly?  What if Ben old boy is the child of the DeGroots and is thus only given health by the island but ages more rapidly?  Are there a bunch of 4 toed people out there who are 300 years old?  Is Tom one of them....and therefore not Kate's type?  Tom looks like he's been ridden hard and put away wet, so the jury is out on that one.

Can we assume that we really know nothing about the others, as the group that we have glimpsed is actually a splinter faction meant to facilitate Juliet's work?  I think so.  The Wizard will not be who you are expecting, so expect the opposite.

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2007, 10:23:54 AM »
There is somebody behind the curtain and it ain't Ben.  Otherwise, they would have never let us get to know him.  In the Wizard of Oz, Dorothy and crew don't come across the wizard until after their adventures.  It will be the same on Lost.  Although, I was looking around the screencaps of Colleen's funeral and wondering.....

Slaughterhouse Five....Him is referred to as present, but he may have been someone from the past.  Tom, Mikail, and Ben refer to the guy so I'm hoping he exists now (otherwise, that would be a tough storyline).  I would make Jacob be a little ittle boy (who can act), but wouldn't fit with Mikails contention that he was brought here when he was 24. 

What if babies conceived and born on the island, when they could get away with it, age and physically mature very slowly?  What if Ben old boy is the child of the DeGroots and is thus only given health by the island but ages more rapidly?  Are there a bunch of 4 toed people out there who are 300 years old?  Is Tom one of them....and therefore not Kate's type?  Tom looks like he's been ridden hard and put away wet, so the jury is out on that one.

Can we assume that we really know nothing about the others, as the group that we have glimpsed is actually a splinter faction meant to facilitate Juliet's work?  I think so.  The Wizard will not be who you are expecting, so expect the opposite.

RIDDEN HARD AND PUT AWAY WET??? What a scream!! Love it!

Offline CurtYanko

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2007, 12:28:17 PM »
Either this is an epiphany or I am sleep deprived after that red-eye from Hawaii yesterday.

I think Jacob is the Island or whatever it is that Ben and now Locke have a relationship with. While that may in fact be a '...Man behind the curtain' or even an alien (but I really doubt it) it is whatever imbues this place with it's magical powers.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2007, 04:49:29 PM »
Ensign: How is that NOT a spoiler? Is it just speculation? I haven't heard it yet, but I've been staying away from spoilers this season...