Author Topic: What Sawyer did...  (Read 10645 times)

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: What Sawyer did...
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2007, 09:12:18 PM »
The Other's knew about Juliet's work before it was published....before her ex-husband even knew.  They knew she was applying her work to her sister's case when nobody did or would.

The Other's don't investigate, they were there.

Offline daisyrain

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2007, 09:14:09 PM »
So are you saying they have spies Puff?

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2007, 09:52:26 PM »
I have not convinced myself fully of this theory yet but ill have a stab at it with every right to change my mind later....

Not nessasarily that they have Spies everywhere that our losties have been.. but what about that darma/widmore/jacob whomever has in fact ORCHESTRATED certain events and been monitoring our losties for years prior to them landing on craphole island....

With desmond it was widmores doing
with jack it was his fathers doing
with claire it was also christians doing
with sun and jin it was her fathers doing
with locke it was his fathers doing

christian-suns dad- widmore have all been portrayed as major players in something suspicious outside of there normal high ranking positions... much like a secret society or royal order of water buffaloes....

because whilst we have seen smokey doing something like READING our losties thoughts somehow... i dont get how the others get that said information and agree that we havent seen smokey come into contact with sayid/sawyer...

so that major piece of the puzzle may just be the final piece of the puzzle..

for me anyways!!

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2007, 03:08:35 PM »
One final comment on this (although, I think most people are far beyond reading this thread anymore)... several folks made the comment that we have not seen Smokie come in contact with Sayid or Sawyer.  That is true up to the point that we have not seen it come into contact in its form as Smokie.  We have been given incredibly strong evidence that it can take other forms (ie, Eko's brother).  We've also "heard" in podcasts (although, in truth, I've actually only read it) that the producers have said that Smokie is in nearly every episode "if you are looking closely enough." (Not a direct quote... a paraphrase.)

Based on those two pieces of data alone, I think it is highly likely that Smokie has come into contact with all of our Losties at some point.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 02:37:24 AM by Holland34 »

Offline thwgt

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2007, 04:01:16 PM »
Just read all four pages of this topic and I can't believe no one mentioned the obvious answer.  Sawyer, Jack, Kate & Sayid have all been in the custody of the others AND were rendered unconscious via chemicals.  Gee, how on earth did the others learn all this private, not-in-the-public-record information?  Sorry for the sarcasm, but I think this one has been evident since Juliet waved Jack's "dossier" at him right after telling him he'd been under the influence of psychotropic drugs. 

Offline ChellyKins

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2007, 08:39:19 PM »
Just read all four pages of this topic and I can't believe no one mentioned the obvious answer.  Sawyer, Jack, Kate & Sayid have all been in the custody of the others AND were rendered unconscious via chemicals.  Gee, how on earth did the others learn all this private, not-in-the-public-record information?  Sorry for the sarcasm, but I think this one has been evident since Juliet waved Jack's "dossier" at him right after telling him he'd been under the influence of psychotropic drugs. 

Ooooh, Dang! I forgot about that!!

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2007, 01:38:58 PM »
Another bit of evidence that might suggest that the Others have somehow 'monitored' or watched the Losties is the whispers often heard. Some of the transcripts I've read make it seem like someone is watching the scene take place and commenting on it. Reminded me a little of the Wicked Witch of the West watching Dorothy through the crystal ball...or sci fi movies or tv episodes where aliens are monitoring the people on earth.

I am still of the mindset that their means of obtaining information are more realistic (like drugs or having enough money or clout to find out things). However, I will admit that there are still times when it does feel like it's beyond realistic.

Offline therealsawyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2007, 01:49:45 PM »
Good post Ozman!