Author Topic: Is Kate Pregnant???  (Read 8298 times)

Offline ChellyKins

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Is Kate Pregnant???
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2007, 10:21:42 PM »
But Kate preggers..eww, that would be interesting. Doctor Jack, Doctor Juliet and Special Agent Ben fixing up Sexy Sawyer's Hottie Baby's Momma.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2007, 10:43:37 PM »
I think that Kate could turn up preggers
a lot of us thought that was the reason for the cages and the dress etc.etc..
So I would not be surprised if she has a little James in the oven
And it would at least make us right about the "set up"
I don't think she knows (if she is) yet
And the look was about Sun

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2007, 08:40:46 PM »
Ok, we have to take in consideration that the way Juliet talks on the flashbacks, the problem is with the immunological system of the mothers attacking the placenta. That way the probability of Claire being affected was minimal, due to her time in the term. Even now she wouldn't have be symptomatic. That is probably reaction to the drug Ethan applied.

NOW, ON THE OTHER HAND, Sun is at the best expectations at her second week when crashed, and worst, conceived on the island. Either way she is at danger, because the placenta is forming while IN the island.
Kate at the most could be worried with conceiving at that day, and if it happened she is mortal danger because she spent A LOT of time before the fecundation on the island, which is worse than Sun early pregnancy.

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2007, 09:58:24 AM »
I think we have to take what Juliet said about Claire with a grain of salt. What she told Jack may be true (especially of the Other women) but we also know that in Claire's case, her sickness was caused by activation of some implant, not a latent reaction to a drug.

Without knowing exactly what causes the infertility (and with Juliet lying so much), we have no way of really knowing if it really affected Claire, or will affect Sun (or any other non-Other). The cause could be one of several things:

1. The Island, or something in the Island environment - but if that's the case, why not just leave? The Others have gone to great lengths to try and reproduce, so if it's the island then why wouldn't they get as far away as possible? One thought is that maybe they can't leave (at least, the 'natives' like Ben can't). There is some physical reason why they can't leave the island. Like, they would die if they did.

2. It's something physiologically inherent to the Other women themselves (and doesn't affect non-Others). If that's the case, it wouldn't affect any of the Losties. But, even though Juliet is a liar, there is still evidence that they were doing something to try and help Claire, which implies that it is more the environment than physiology. Also, if it were something about the Other women's bodies, why wouldn't the men try to reproduce with non-Others (i.e, bring women to the island for reproduction rather than for fertility research)? We know women CAN get pregnant, they just can't carry to term. So the men seem to be fertile. Unless, of course...the Others can't reproduce with humans because they aren't human. Heh.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2007, 11:01:48 AM »
I think we have to take what Juliet said about Claire with a grain of salt. What she told Jack may be true (especially of the Other women) but we also know that in Claire's case, her sickness was caused by activation of some implant, not a latent reaction to a drug.

Without knowing exactly what causes the infertility (and with Juliet lying so much), we have no way of really knowing if it really affected Claire, or will affect Sun (or any other non-Other). The cause could be one of several things:

1. The Island, or something in the Island environment - but if that's the case, why not just leave? The Others have gone to great lengths to try and reproduce, so if it's the island then why wouldn't they get as far away as possible? One thought is that maybe they can't leave (at least, the 'natives' like Ben can't). There is some physical reason why they can't leave the island. Like, they would die if they did.

2. It's something physiologically inherent to the Other women themselves (and doesn't affect non-Others). If that's the case, it wouldn't affect any of the Losties. But, even though Juliet is a liar, there is still evidence that they were doing something to try and help Claire, which implies that it is more the environment than physiology. Also, if it were something about the Other women's bodies, why wouldn't the men try to reproduce with non-Others (i.e, bring women to the island for reproduction rather than for fertility research)? We know women CAN get pregnant, they just can't carry to term. So the men seem to be fertile. Unless, of course...the Others can't reproduce with humans because they aren't human. Heh.

OH NO!! You didn't go there!! LOL :P
Great post Bean!
I keep thinking it has something to do with the island itself
I was also thinking ..did it have any relation to the electromagnetic field that caused them not to be able to carry to term and they just didn't know?  Could things work differently now?
They didn't seem to concerned about the "button pushing" as if they either didn't know what it was for or they didn't care.

Your right it does make you wonder why they won't send the woman off the island to carry the babies to term and then just come back, I mean its obvious that Juliette has tried everything she knows and has not solved the problem or found a way around it.
So I think they cannot leave the island for some reason and never could.   

Offline 2sets1year

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2007, 01:48:57 PM »
I thought that they spent an unusual amount of time on Kate and Sawyer in the tent so that we would all know that they had sex.  With all the pregnancy island mystery has anyone thought that perhaps Kate will end up pregnant?  We know that she can get pregnant as she has had that prior pregnancy test and we also know that Sawyer functions well since they made mention of his prior girlfriend being pregnant by him.

Thoughts?

Offline TXFlyboy

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2007, 02:10:36 PM »
Re: Sawyer... Baby Daddy
Quote from: TXFlyboy on April 05, 2007, 02:32:22 PM
Well we all know Sawyer + Cassidy = Baby,  so will  caged Sawyer + caged Kate = baby?
I hope the "Korean vote" didn't use up all those Widmore pregnancy tests.

I've been sayin' it all along.

Offline FireLily

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2007, 02:20:53 PM »
Yes, I think it's quite possible that Kate will end up pregnant, on a personal level, just because I want her and Sawyer to get it goin' on. 

BUT just because she took a pregnancy test before does not affirm that she is capable of being pregnant.  She could be sterile or whatever, and not know it.....  The test could have showed up negative.  (I have no way of going back to check this so correct me if I'm wrong)  But I do, personally, think she could get pregnant very very soon.  Dun-dun-DUN!!!!  ::)

Offline 2sets1year

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2007, 03:07:13 PM »
I thought it was positive in the flashback.  Perhaps I am mistaken.  Could anyone confirm one way or the other?

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2007, 03:16:58 PM »
This is being discussed here as well.

http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php/topic,4514.0.html

Offline 2sets1year

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2007, 03:35:31 PM »
Thanks for the link.  It is hard to jump in here with so much old threads of convo.   ;)  Glad to read that I wasn't the only one with this theory.

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2007, 04:46:16 PM »
No problemo!  We all help each other out here :)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2007, 04:47:03 PM »
I merged them

Offline FireLily

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2007, 06:14:50 PM »
I merged them
yeah i was wondering!! lol because i coulda sworn it was a lot shorter when I made my post.... i'm still relatively new, so it's hard for me to keep up.... thanks jug! ;D

Offline gmstudio

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2007, 12:03:58 AM »
She's "Austin," right?