Author Topic: Episode was overhyped, disjointed, and generally dissapointing  (Read 13311 times)

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Episode was overhyped, disjointed, and generally dissapointing
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2007, 07:06:50 PM »
this is somewhat straying off topic, but i dont blame the writers or the show for our frustrations

i blame ourselves.....ok just wait....hear me out lol

i talk to people everyday at work about Lost, they love the show, never complain just look forward to the following week

they arent on any messageboards and do not partake in any intar Lost activities

they do not have 1000's of topics of discussion, screenshots, reviews, previews

hell no one i talk to offline even knew about the lost experience!!!

if it wasnt for you guys, your thoughts, your theories, your speculation, your screenshots, (your wiseass comments about my up front approach lol) i would be just like my co-workers lol

no other show on TV right now as such a vast world-wide interactive fan base on the net, its absolutely insane what lost is on the internet

so with that being said, we did it to ourselves!!!!! :) :)

i love it, i like being pissed off about being left hanging, and i love coming here for a good debate, i love being wrong about things i say, and i celebrate when i'm right

this is a great thread, and like astro, although i dont agree with what has been said, its made me think, its made frustrated, but it also will keep me watching next week

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2007, 07:36:20 PM »
- Sayid's and Sawyers response WAS NOT LOGICAL...period.  Forget Claire, forget secrets, forget Juliette's stare down capabilities.  If it were YOU and YOU had been attacked and were "Lost", you would not let her walk away from you without challenging her response.  If you say otherwise you are a bald faced liar and you know it.
I for one would definitely have fallen for it, and would have wanted Claire to be well. But I would be watching her carefully, for sure.

You have to remember:

Juliet helped Sawyer escape from Alcatraz. If I were Sawyer, I'd be grateful. Sayid only knows that she is one of them. If Juliet helps Claire to live, then he might be persuaded that she does want to help.

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2007, 11:43:06 PM »
- Sayid's and Sawyers response WAS NOT LOGICAL...period.  Forget Claire, forget secrets, forget Juliette's stare down capabilities.  If it were YOU and YOU had been attacked and were "Lost", you would not let her walk away from you without challenging her response.  If you say otherwise you are a bald faced liar and you know it.

But that is your opinion.  The last sentence makes it sound like a fact, but it is nothing more than yours, and possibly many others, opinions.  In the real world there is no way to say that every single person in the world would definitely react THIS way if they were in these conditions.  It just isn't true.  Based on your interpretation of their current situation and experiences, you obviously believe that this was illogical.  And that's fine.  But others, including the writers of this episode, obvious didn't think it was illogical.  Otherwise they wouldn't have done it.
When I was watching the episode, everything that happened in that scene was VERY logical in my mind.  In fact, I rather enjoyed that scene.  After reading your comments in this thread, however, I do see your point.  I still don't necessarily agree with you that it was illogical, but I do see how you could view their situation in a way that it is illogical.  My only real point, I guess, is that I think its very naturally that different people are going to view that very same scene very differently.  Just depends on your approach and view of the circumstance.  And I think people in this thread have pretty effectively debated both sides of the argument as well.  So kudos to everyone.  Well, almost everyone.  There were a few that had trouble remaining on topic.

I'd probably say this is the best overall topic for this week though, based on content alone.  ;)
OK, maybe I got a little carried away- it was my opinion though and I'm sticking to it.  For the record, this was a very good debate.  I just rewatched the episode in it's entirety and basically, though I like the episode a little bit better than I did after the first watch (I expected a bigger payoff), it was better this time around.  I still stick to my guns on all of my points, however.  Cheers! :P

Offline jillybean4u

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2007, 01:10:06 AM »
Can I just say "SERIOUSLY!?!?!"  This is the episode you have problems with? Last week's demise of Paolo & Nikki was sooo much worse -- waste of an episode and storyline.  However... I do have thoughts that EVERYTHING that seems strange and out of place will have something to do with a flashback or future endeavors!  I have to believe this or I will go insane!  My friends have a theory that this season is like Empire Strikes Back -- ok movie(season), however it's setting up Return of the Jedi(season4)  I'm going with this, just be patient and see is what I say!

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2007, 01:21:04 AM »
I really like what you said T Mack and it's sorta true...but like CBW420 said, i agree there too...

I like the complexity of the show, but I think the over analysis is too much...sure there are points I like to find...but something of hard fact...like the hidden easter eggs, or the backwards messages...not that they actually mean anything either, but they are cool to find...all the deep analysis, speculation, metaphors, anagrams, religious correlations and theories is too much. I just want to watch the show and enjoy...OK sorry for my rant...lol

Offline Wardroy

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2007, 03:56:52 AM »
well, you are a 7 starrer, that explains everything!!!

there's no way that you have not become frustrated at some point during this programme started, i bet if i looked at everyone of your posts there would be at least one minor frustration Mr JBRAM, im not saying you or anyone else of become dis attached to lost, just that after all these episodes we should no a little more gthan we do, im not saying everything, but after 3 seasons we still not exactly sure how they even ctrashed there, we have an idea but not the exact truth, and thats the same about a great many things

i too love the thrill of the programme, all i am saying jbram is that now is the time for some real answers, exact answers

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2007, 03:51:21 PM »
I feel that that's EXACTLY what we've been receiving for the past few episodes... And we will continue to get some major answers until the end of the season. Season 4 is going to be HUGE.

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2007, 06:14:08 PM »
Can I just say "SERIOUSLY!?!?!"  This is the episode you have problems with? Last week's demise of Paolo & Nikki was sooo much worse -- waste of an episode and storyline.  However... I do have thoughts that EVERYTHING that seems strange and out of place will have something to do with a flashback or future endeavors!  I have to believe this or I will go insane!  My friends have a theory that this season is like Empire Strikes Back -- ok movie(season), however it's setting up Return of the Jedi(season4)  I'm going with this, just be patient and see is what I say!
Yes, you can say "seriously" but I will say back to you- I had NO EXPECTATIONS for the Nicki/Paulo fiasco.  It was billed as a filler/comic releif/satire episode and I took it as such.  I had great expectations for "One of Us" after the misleading promos showed Sayid asking Juliette some very very pointed questions- and I thought at least ONE of those questions could have been answered withouth spoiling the show.  I know now to NEVER trust the promos, ever again.  They are done by marketing people, not the actual writers of the show.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2007, 06:34:00 PM »
Ok, I agree that I was hoping to see the confrontation right now, but hopefully we'll get some more of it in a week or two.

Offline Wardroy

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2007, 05:04:20 AM »
see, you must have been a little disappointed then

Having said everything i have contributed in this thread (not much) my mind is slightly swaying now after hearing about some of the big reveals we will get until the end of the season - i just hope they will proper reveals and not some minorreveals that could be true, not be true - like last years we will find out why flight 815 crashed - but we really didnt, it was strongly hinted that desmond crashed the plane, but we dont know for certain that he did - and here lies the frustration!

Offline AstroJones

• OTHERS 
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2007, 02:53:03 PM »
I know now to NEVER trust the promos, ever again.  They are done by marketing people, not the actual writers of the show.

I think we all need to remember this! 
I was actually shocked at one point during season 2 when Damon and Carlton made mention in one of the official podcasts that they are not involved at all in the promos that are played. 

Offline Wardroy

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2007, 03:05:21 PM »
they are whoring Lost those Bastards!!!

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2007, 06:14:22 PM »
I know now to NEVER trust the promos, ever again.  They are done by marketing people, not the actual writers of the show.

I think we all need to remember this! 
I was actually shocked at one point during season 2 when Damon and Carlton made mention in one of the official podcasts that they are not involved at all in the promos that are played. 
Remember the one that said "If you miss this then you won't know what everyone is talking about" and it was the second most boring episode ever?