Author Topic: Implants  (Read 8364 times)

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Implants
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2007, 11:34:35 AM »
I think the effects of the activation of the implant would appear in 48 hours. 

Offline ChellyKins

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2007, 11:54:34 AM »
Looked to me as if the symptoms had to progress into full blown disease and nosebleeds and all that jazz...so maybe he triggered it before they left and she had within 48 hours to get to her or she'd die. Ben don't care if these people die. He cares about himself and that's it.

Offline Chefpyro

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2007, 12:11:30 PM »
Also, let's not forget that Saywer was first told that he had an implant that would blow up his heart. Then he was told that he was conned. Maybe he wasn't conned. Perhaps there is an implant in him, that THEY have control of.
<------Pyro[move]

Offline ChellyKins

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2007, 12:12:40 PM »
Also, let's not forget that Saywer was first told that he had an implant that would blow up his heart. Then he was told that he was conned. Maybe he wasn't conned. Perhaps there is an implant in him, that THEY have control of.
<------Pyro[move]
Ooooh, I forgot about that! So yeah, that implant could've been for something else and not for the whole crap story Ben told him...Good point.

Offline Chefpyro

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2007, 12:15:30 PM »
and another thing, Ben stated that Claire would be symptomatic in 48 hours. but for what? what is it that the implant is stopping, and they can disable at any time. basically what i'm saying is ... once the implant is turned off? then there are 48 hours before what ever is really goin on starts happening?
<------Pyro[move]

Offline Chefpyro

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2007, 12:17:35 PM »
I think maybe the implant(s) are being put in place as insurance that Ben stay's in control. but even Ben has a boss.
<------Pyro[move]

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2007, 03:36:45 PM »
Totally think Sawyer has an implant too. Who else could? 

I think Patchy's still alive. If he had an implant too the others could have triggered it and then gone back to inject him with the antidote later. But then why couldn't they have done the same to Bea. Why did Mikhael have to shoot her? did she not have an implant?
Do the others have implants or just the test subjects, aka losties?

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2007, 03:45:03 PM »
Kate may have had the "get sick when I press a button" implant put in during her time after the beachside breakfast (or was it before?) and pretty much anyone who was unconscious while being held by Others is suspect as well.  They have the means of implanting without the subject being aware at all.

They probably can use them to track their movements as well.
I'm starting to believe this. Do we think the others have implants as well?

Offline Gordon Shumway

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2007, 09:06:50 PM »
I agree that Kate, Sawyer, Jack, Sayid, and Locke now have some implant in them.  Maybe even some sort of tracking mechanism?

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2007, 10:29:13 PM »
This is just an idea...but...if Ethan was able to draw blood from Claire, even before he kidnapped her, without her knowledge...it makes sense that there could be other "others" around...implanting whoever, doing what ever without anyones knowledge...they are kinda stealthy when they want to be...

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2007, 01:12:58 AM »
I've been
Howdy all,

After checking this site out since season 2 and seeing everyone bring up every possible theory for everything which has, or could have happened it has taken a while for me to find something to post!

So, if the Others have these fantastic implants they can set off to trigger symptoms like bleeding from the mouth (and nose?), is there any reason why we think they cant have one which makes you bleed from the ears and froth from the mouth. You now, just in case i dont know..... maybe you are compromised and are pushed through a crazy-zapper-death-anti-smokie-fence which is unfortunately turned off at the time and you need to fake your death?!  ::)

Have been browsing around and havent seen anyone really touch on this yet (if they have; sorry, i must be blind!)
I've been saying I don't think he's dead and that the fence wasn't really turned on when he was pushed through and Kate and them climbed over.  It wasn't until Juliet typed in the code that the fence was activated and it shielded them from the monster.  So instead of being a sonic death fence, it's more of a force field.  That's a good theory about an implant.

Offline LOST N LOST

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2007, 06:52:18 PM »
I dunno, but I suspect Nikki had implants.

Bada-bing

Thank you! I'm outta here!

oh, if a spider bite is an impant your right on! lol

Wow I can't believe you didn't..........um never mind thats just funny!!

haha, wow... i am retarded. I was really confused, cause i didnt think you were that stupid. but guess i am! lol

Offline ChellyKins

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2007, 09:34:08 PM »
This is just an idea...but...if Ethan was able to draw blood from Claire, even before he kidnapped her, without her knowledge...it makes sense that there could be other "others" around...implanting whoever, doing what ever without anyones knowledge...they are kinda stealthy when they want to be...

This would be TRIPPY!!!

BUT...didn't it show how Ethan would tell her to Shhh and cover her mouth? And she would always assume it was a real thing but told it was a dream..
What about the blood she had all over her tho? Once was a dream then right?

God I hate this show. Once question possibly answered 90 more sparked. :'(

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2007, 01:45:57 PM »

This would be TRIPPY!!!

BUT...didn't it show how Ethan would tell her to Shhh and cover her mouth? And she would always assume it was a real thing but told it was a dream..
What about the blood she had all over her tho? Once was a dream then right?

God I hate this show. Once question possibly answered 90 more sparked. :'(
That was her blood. she dug her fingernails into her hands. i woud took if someone stuck a needle in my stomach.

Offline AGGS

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2007, 01:09:25 AM »
And Miss B has a blood squib in her pocket. Yeah right, that russian is so dead from the microwave fence. Plus Kate checked him after she climbed over the fence.

Spoiler

Looks like Patchy Lives!! Check the S03E18 D.O.C comments

http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Season_3/prespoilers