Author Topic: Implants  (Read 8164 times)

Offline Fallybear

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Implants
« on: April 12, 2007, 09:56:45 AM »
It was revealed that Juliet placed an implant in Clair. We would have to assume that Sawyer also has one. He woke up with an incision on his chest while in the Hydra. Ben told him it was there to prevent him from escaping by detecting his heart rate and blowing up his heart if he exerted himself too much. (Remember the rabbit??) We now know that wasn't true.

Did other losties also get an implant when they were rendered unconscious?

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Implants
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 10:02:41 AM »
I'm not sure it was Juliette who put the implant in, I figured it was Ethan.  Sawyer's chest incision was a fake out.  Claire never had any mysterious cuts on her from an implant, so I'd think that they were more discrete in installing it.  If it was put in her just as a set up for Juliette to save the day I don't know.  Ethan was also the surgeon there, so he is most likely to have done it.  He was dead by the time the other Losties were unconscious, so I question the likelihood that they have them also.

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 10:13:21 AM »
Kate may have had the "get sick when I press a button" implant put in during her time after the beachside breakfast (or was it before?) and pretty much anyone who was unconscious while being held by Others is suspect as well.  They have the means of implanting without the subject being aware at all.

They probably can use them to track their movements as well.

Offline AGGS

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 11:04:31 AM »
Howdy all,

After checking this site out since season 2 and seeing everyone bring up every possible theory for everything which has, or could have happened it has taken a while for me to find something to post!

So, if the Others have these fantastic implants they can set off to trigger symptoms like bleeding from the mouth (and nose?), is there any reason why we think they cant have one which makes you bleed from the ears and froth from the mouth. You now, just in case i dont know..... maybe you are compromised and are pushed through a crazy-zapper-death-anti-smokie-fence which is unfortunately turned off at the time and you need to fake your death?!  ::)

Have been browsing around and havent seen anyone really touch on this yet (if they have; sorry, i must be blind!)

Offline Lost_Is_My_Favorite

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 11:10:35 AM »
I guess you're right.  He could be alive and well!  Lord knows they could have known the Losties were heading to him and this was their plan all along.  Kind of like the big game of Mouse Trap that Locke so loves.

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 12:18:28 PM »
And Miss B has a blood squib in her pocket. Yeah right, that russian is so dead from the microwave fence. Plus Kate checked him after she climbed over the fence.

scrod

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 01:24:13 PM »
I dunno, but I suspect Nikki had implants.

Bada-bing

Thank you! I'm outta here!

Offline LOST N LOST

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 01:39:26 PM »

Bada-bing

oh, if a spider bite is an impant your right on! lol

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 01:44:11 PM »
That's an interesting thought.  The Others sure would be going to a lot of effort to make the Losties scared of a broken fence.  What about the Smoke Monster tho?  He couldn't get thru the fence when it was turned on.  I believe that Locke new Michal (or however you spell his name) and wanted him dead or was at least willing to sacrifice his life to see if the fence worked.

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 09:12:53 PM »
Didn't Kate check Mikhails pulse? maybe not, can't remember

When did they implant Claire though - it had to be fairly recent because they couldn't have predicted the timing of recent events with so much accuracy

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 09:20:39 PM »
I think she did check it, and while any dope can check a pulse, they might not always get an accurate answer.  If the implant could blast blood from your ears and foam from your mouth, it just might be able to have a pacemaker effect and start your heart a pumping also.  I think Mikhail is dead, personally, but the implants are a good back up in case an Other goes astray.  Klugh was willing to be SHOT TWICE IN THE CHEST so that she wouldn't have to betray/reveal information.  Or it could be exclusive to Mikhail.  Maybe he was stationed at the Flame and meant to stay there.  Once he passed the fence it triggered the implant because it means he was forced into doing something or decided to go rouge.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2007, 09:27:48 PM »
When did they implant Claire though - it had to be fairly recent because they couldn't have predicted the timing of recent events with so much accuracy
They implanted her when she was in the hatch... It was a remote detonation type thing.

Offline ChellyKins

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2007, 09:32:10 PM »

Bada-bing

Umm, not sure...but willing to bet Scrod is referring to her BREAST size with this one...not her DEATH style. lol

Offline kkehoe5

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2007, 11:49:27 PM »

Bada-bing

Wow I can't believe you didn't..........um never mind thats just funny!!

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2007, 06:40:03 AM »
They implanted her when she was in the hatch... It was a remote detonation type thing.

But he said her implant would go off in 48 hours like it was a timed thing, not that it would go off when JUliete reached the beach, what if something had happenned and she didn't get there in 48 hours, if it was remote then why not just set it off when Juliette got there? - could they have implanted her so far in advance....not sure