Author Topic: Implants  (Read 8165 times)

Offline Unreasonable

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: Implants
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2007, 09:57:56 AM »
I didn't see this in any other post, so I thought it warranted a new post, as I think it would be buried and/or forgotten in the implant post.

How does Ben or the Others 'in charge' of Claire's implant turn the implant off at just the correct time?

I am under the assumption based upon Juliet's flashback with Ben, that the implant caused the sickness in Claire and that Juliet's explanation of the autoimmune reaction was just a ruse.  So, how did they do this? 

1)  Juliett turned the implant off with either the serum or via some other mechanism at hand we didn't see.

2)  The Others turned it off remotely at a pre-determined time-frame, hoping that Juliet would be successful.

3)  The Others can see the Losties on the beach with cameras or some other method and knew when to turn off the implant.

4)  Vincent turned it off with telekinesis.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2007, 12:23:25 PM »
Come on now, don't be Unreasonable ;)

(Ok, that's my bad pun for the day... sorry folks)

My guess is that the implant was a one-shot. They ACTIVATED the implant, not turned it on. This makes me think that it held a collection of bacteria or some sort and when activated, released said bacteria. Juliet's shot was an antibacterial medicine that killed the bacteria, thus making Claire better.

So no, no one turned it off.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2007, 12:25:35 PM »
Juliet gave her a shot, that cured what the implant gave her. No mystery

Offline WG?JIFFY

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2007, 02:06:56 PM »
I think the shot(injection) could have just stopped the symptoms for now and they probably can "re-activate" the implant again if need be.

Still think there is an "implant" like Clairs in all of the Losties that have come into contact with the others.  Maybe all of them because Ethan was on the beach with them for several days and could have put an implant in each of them. (Except Bernard since he was at the other beach and the other guy didn't put the implants in them.  LOL)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2007, 02:03:50 AM »
I think the only question is whether the implant can be activated a second time or not.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2007, 05:11:29 AM »
I wonder if Jack/Kate/Sawyer had implants put in when they were first kidnaped?  Kate and Sawyer both had bandages on their arms.  I don't remember if Jack did.  Hmmmm?

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2007, 01:41:04 PM »
Yeah, Jack did too.  I remember us all talking about it.