Author Topic: So now we're supposed to feel sory for Juliet...YUCK  (Read 12611 times)

Offline ILoveLost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: So now we're supposed to feel sory for Juliet...YUCK
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2007, 08:35:26 PM »
Ben lets Locke blow the submarine up so Jack and Juliet are stuck on the island, and he doesn't even get his hands dirty.

The sub is an illusion; Ben says it is only there because some people arent's ready to make a full "commitment" yet, and it maintains the iillusion of freedom to come and go as they please.

This is exactly my point it maintains the "illusion" of freedom and you're right that did come straight from Ben himself. I don't think the sub works.

Offline miketrapasso

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2007, 08:38:42 PM »
Well, it had to have worked at some point, it did get Juliet there... ;)

Offline ILoveLost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2007, 08:41:09 PM »
Well, it had to have worked at some point, it did get Juliet there... ;)

I don't think it did get her there. I think she got there by some other means and this is why they needed to drug her...yes she work up on the sub but that doesn't mean that the sub took her to the island.

Offline miketrapasso

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2007, 08:45:19 PM »
Thats true; I thought that as soon as I posted my last statement.
But if it didn't work, why would Ben be worried about Jack and Juliet getting away?  Why go through the trouble of conning Locke into blowing it up if it wouldn't work in the first place?

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2007, 11:27:20 PM »
Right.  What would they have done if Locke hadn't blown up the sub?  Jack and Juliet see that the controls are just painted on and the navigator is a cardboard cut out?  I don't buy the sub being just a prop.

Offline ILoveLost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2007, 11:59:08 AM »
Thats true; I thought that as soon as I posted my last statement.
But if it didn't work, why would Ben be worried about Jack and Juliet getting away?  Why go through the trouble of conning Locke into blowing it up if it wouldn't work in the first place?

I think Ben had something up his sleeve that he was going to try and pull at the last minute to make them stay, but Locke just made everything easier.

Offline WG?JIFFY

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2007, 02:01:31 PM »
The sub was real and now it is gone!  Blown up not just moved to a corner.  It is gone.  Juliet is bad for the losties and in ca-hoots with Ben still, don't doubt that for a minute.