Author Topic: So now we're supposed to feel sory for Juliet...YUCK  (Read 12198 times)

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: So now we're supposed to feel sory for Juliet...YUCK
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 12:16:31 AM »
well, trustworthy is the wrong word.  I think she's probably playing both sides to see what happens.  I think that maybe even she hasn't decided which side she's really on.  In the end, I have a feeling she'll double cross Ben.  But she is definitely NOT trustworthy, no matter what her ultimate choice is.

i like the way you put it astro.  i too think she will double cross ben.  i think she is devolping a real relationship with jack, not a fake strained one.  we know she wants OFF the island.  we know that ben isn't going to let that happen.  juliet knows that to get off the island she is going to have to team up with the losties.  

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 12:19:32 AM »
I think Juliette still trusts Ben.  He is the one that, as far as she knows, saved her sister from cancer.  All the losties have done for her is kill her boyfriend.  She now thinks that Ben has the ability to help her, as he did her sister.  I don't think she is ready to abandon that hope yet for people that have no idea how to even leave the island.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2007, 12:21:40 AM »
Watch Juliet's face at the end. She appears to me to be very determined to follow through on Ben's plan.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2007, 12:24:06 AM »
Watch Juliet's face at the end. She appears to me to be very determined to follow through on Ben's plan.
i don't know if that's what her look means.  i think it could mean, "okay, now i'm here, jack trusts me, so the others will eventually trust me.  what do i do?  do i follow ben?  do i make myself one of them?  if i ever want off this island alive, this is my ONLY hope.

Offline AstroJones

• OTHERS 
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2007, 12:27:10 AM »
I don't necessarily thinks she's decided to double cross Ben yet, I just think the writers are setting us up for that.  I think at the end of this episode she still plans to go through with Ben's plan.  But I do think somewhere in here head she's wondering if she should do it, and maybe considering double crossing Ben.  Maybe.  Ah hell, what do we know!  ;)

Offline anavrin

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2007, 12:31:42 AM »
You know what I think of every time I see interactions with Ben and/or Juliet and/or most of the others?  Those logic puzzles where you have to figure out which person always tells the truth and which one always lies.   ???

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2007, 12:48:46 AM »
Ben said she had to stay until she finished her work.  Maybe she thought that this was her chance with Claire, her control subject.  Of course Ben would be more knowledgeable about leaving the island than the losties.  All they could muster was a little raft.   

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2007, 12:58:05 AM »
I think Juliet is a beast from hell.  All sweet and nice one minute and evil the next!  She should have gotten more than just a branding!!

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2007, 01:00:35 AM »
I'm a sucker for a hot blonde... I still trust Juliet. She has her own reasons for this, but she is going to help the Losties in the end.

Offline ChrisB4290

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2007, 03:38:45 AM »
i liked the ending on this one. i kinda felt it tho that she was working with ben still. i just wonder where/why she will see them in 1 week?

musepsycho

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2007, 06:19:59 AM »
Maybe I do feel sorry for Juliet because she seems to have been as manipulated by Ben. After all, she came willingly to the island & has since realized that the terms for her leaving again have constantly been changed. I can't help thinking about how much the whole thing reminds me of Lando's "deal" with Darth. I actually think she will turn on Ben in the end, even if she hasn't made up her mind yet. Ben has had a grip on her because he could send her back with the sub, but now it's gone (it seems to her at least) & she'll have to make her own luck.

I think the last minute or so of the episode was pretty much designed to throw us off course & think she's up to no good. & those last moments srt of contradicted the flashbacks of the episode... It seemed like Juliet was mumbling something to herself after Ben said "See you in a week" - I don't read lips very well, but to me her face said "we'll see..."

Well, we'll see...

Offline ChellyKins

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2007, 06:45:06 AM »
I didn't feel sorry for her. AT ALL.

The woman is wicked awesome and let me just say, she is going to hurt one of them. I don't know who, or how, or why...but the look she gave to WHOEVER at the end was one of "you're next you idiot".

She has her study of Claire and I believe she was successful in keeping Claire alive but she needed someone that got pregnant on the island and didn't die. Hmm, could that be Sun? I would think so. I don't know the timeline information tho. According to the timeline, when did she find out she was preggers and all that jazz?

I knew spoilers before the show aired so I wasn't shocked at Claire's sickness going on at just the right time. HOWEVER...could there be plants in other Losties? Like Jack?? Who was tossed gingerly into a very thick tree filled area during the crash...yet none of the flimsy looking trees were broken??

That part with Sayid, Sawyer and Jules was awesome!!! She has been Ben-ified. ;)

musepsycho

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2007, 06:49:59 AM »
That part with Sayid, Sawyer and Jules was awesome!!! She has been Ben-ified. ;)

She certainly has learned from the best!

Offline ChellyKins

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2007, 06:56:45 AM »

She certainly has learned from the best!

It was cool to watch her slip her "ben" hat on and put those "strong" boys in their places.
What was the name she used with Sayid?? (The person he tortured and I am supposing he killed them during it.) Dunno. But that would be something for anothe thread. Sorry.

musepsycho

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2007, 07:15:18 AM »
What was the name she used with Sayid?? (The person he tortured and I am supposing he killed them during it.) Dunno. But that would be something for anothe thread. Sorry.

I think she says "Basra" which is the capitol of Iraq.