Author Topic: Screencap/Investigations Request  (Read 13673 times)

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: Screencap/Investigations Request
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 01:01:03 AM »
The airport where they met with Juliet before coming to the island was called:
HERARAT AVIATION.  I think the HERARAT could be an anagram for EARHART--as in Amelia Earhart lost over the central pacific.  What do you think?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 01:02:17 AM »
I went to an anagram generator and this was the only one word or two word anagram that made any sense

Offline jillybean4u

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2007, 01:02:49 AM »
Did anyone notice the mark on the tree where the medicine was? It looked runic to me. Anyone willing to fetch a screencap?

It looked very similar to Juliet's mark if you ask me - I'd love to see a comparsion.
I agree, as soon as I saw it, I thought that's juliette's mark!
Sledge, we need a comparison!

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2007, 03:26:04 AM »
See the front page for the comparison.

Offline andreasmd13

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2007, 10:04:11 AM »
Look here for juliets tattoo http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omada_epsilon and this photo this is Greek symbol the 2 mirrored ε E with the cross

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2007, 02:01:45 PM »
can u get any sort of back or side look of micheal against the screen shot youve already got of the guy on the sub with the darma symbol shirt... i know its not supposed to be micheal on the sub but i wonder if he's doing cameos until his character returns... i always laughed when people who saw some guy gaurding the rec room or was in a book club was called a micheal look alike but this ones just to damm close to call and im too computor stupid to try and do it myself... thanks.... the hair line the posture are eerily similar and whilst we cant get a good look at his face im almost 70% sure its him.....

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2007, 02:06:20 PM »
The place where Juliet is sitting after the woman dies on the operating table, and Ben approaches her with the results of her sister's cancer........this spot looks a lot like where Desmond killed Kelvin and where the sailboat was being kept.  Can we have some screen shots to compare, or is there a map floating around here that shows where Kelvin was killed in reference to the Staff hatch?

Offline lynch

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2007, 02:22:23 PM »
Would like to see Juliette's license plate on the Volvo. Looks like it ends in 815.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2007, 03:27:47 PM »
writing on sidewalk (in front of moving van) at 4:15 in on the online cast.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2007, 03:56:14 PM »
Juliet's sister is named Rachel Carlson....the same name as the author of Silent Springs:

wikipedia:

Silent Spring is a book written by Rachel Carson and published by Houghton Mifflin in September 1962. The book is widely credited with launching the environmentalism movement in the West.

When Silent Spring was published, Rachel Carson was already a well-known writer on natural history, but had not previously been a social critic. The book was widely read (especially after its selection by the Book-of-the-Month Club and an endorsement by Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas), spending several weeks on the New York Times best-seller list, and inspired widespread public concerns with pesticides and pollution of the environment. Silent Spring facilitated the ban of the pesticide DDT[1] in 1972 in the United States.

The book claimed detrimental effects of pesticides on the environment, particularly on birds. Carson accused the chemical industry of spreading disinformation, and public officials of accepting industry claims uncritically. She proposed a biotic approach to pest control as an alternative to DDT, claiming that DDT had been found to cause thinner egg shells and result in reproductive problems and death.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2007, 04:13:58 PM »
Juliet's sister appears to have already died from an partial atrioventricular block and myocardial infarction.  The AV block would be suggested by a dysconjugation of p waves with the qrs complex...perhaps seen on lead 2.  Lead 3 suggests ST depression, evidence of an infarct.

Was rachel already dead?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2007, 05:09:50 PM »
huhh?

Rachel is alive and well, as we've seen. That was Rachel, and that was "Today"'s paper.

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2007, 05:53:40 PM »
If they can cure cancer they can set up a simple newspaper trick.  For that matter, they also could have found a look-a-like for Rachel to show to Juliet.  For a minute it looked as if Rachel actually looked into the camera.  How would that be possible if she wasn't supposed to know that one was there?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2007, 05:59:13 PM »
My guess is that her friend Richard was filming it in plain sight.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2007, 05:59:46 PM »
I think Ben made up the part about her relapse.  Wasn't she free of cancer before Juliet left?  Ben could have used the fake cancer as a back up plan... if after Juliet's 6 month stay she still didn't have a cure, he could use the cancer to make her need to stay.