Author Topic: Jacks tattoo  (Read 1862 times)

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Jacks tattoo
« on: April 11, 2007, 09:13:18 PM »
That blonde lady that randomly appeared in othersvilee said his tattoo said,  He walks among us but is not one of us.   

Think that was actuallay alluding to now when he finally comes back to the beach?

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Jacks tattoo
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 09:19:59 PM »
I think Jack followed that up with 'that's what it says, it's not what it means.'  Obviously the tatoo has some deeper meaning than just the words themselves.  Does this mean Jack has a darker-er side to him?

Offline thwgt

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 09:39:18 PM »
I thought that scene was really well done.  It could be as you say.  Or, with the way he paused before delivering the line, maybe he didn't know that and was just covering.  I've always wondered about people who get tattoos in Chinese...how can you be sure it doesn't say "Kick Me"?

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 09:43:38 PM »
I don't know if it is the same way in Chinese, but in Japanese, the Chinese characters or 'kanji' usually have more that one meaning.  Maybe there are other, more accurate, variations of the readings.   No one speaks Chinese, huh?
Y'know, my sister does... is there a good screen cap anywhere I can send her?

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 09:59:23 PM »
http://gallery.lost-media.com/index.php?cat=39

I'm too lazy to find one for you, but you can search for yourself. :)

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 11:48:43 PM »
Was that statement also forshadowing something regarding Ben?

In that scene, when she made the remark about his tattoo, the camera cut to ben for the whole statement.

Offline AstroJones

• OTHERS 
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 12:11:08 AM »
Just FYI, his real life tattoo doesn't say anything even remotely close to that.  So a screen cap of the tattoo won't help anything.  His tattoo roughly translates as "Eagles high, cleaving sky", or more simply, "the Eagles fly up on the sky."  Matthew Fox has never commented on what it means to him in real life.  The writers just tried to work his tattoos into the show.