Author Topic: Why did Locke join the others?  (Read 3208 times)

Offline *MaZ*

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Why did Locke join the others?
« on: April 11, 2007, 02:47:28 PM »
It seems to me that Locke feels more connected to the island than Ben. He communicates with it, it heals him, all he needs it's some answers (?). He wants to spend the rest of his life there.

So why join the others? He doesn't need them. They don't seem to want him - he's not on any list. Is it all because of his father?
They have his dad all tied up on a chair, and joining the others is Locke's way of trying to rescue him yet again.

Locke just can't get over his dad. He sees him in trouble, and wants to help him. The poor foster kid cannot help but again and again seek the love/approval of his long lost father.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Why did Locke join the others?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 02:52:25 PM »
He is very curious about the island and all of its powers. He has always wanted to be accepted by a "family" and this is another opportunity for that and to be a leader. Oh yeah , they have his father

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 03:13:13 PM »
I think there is more to it than just that

I think that his father is part of it but I think he might have had another hidden agenda that we will find out about later
I don't think he will betray the Losties (I guess I want to believe that he wont anyway)

Don't get me wrong I do agree with you guys I just have a feeling that there is more to it

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 06:14:45 PM »
I know that Locke has his own goals, but I agree with Lostgirl, he won't betray the losties.  Especially for the over manipulative Others, dad or no dad.  The Losties are the only ones he can really trust, the only ones who are in the same spot.

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 08:10:32 PM »
There society is almost like that pot grower cult thing that he lived in before so maybe he thinks he fits in.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 10:40:42 PM »
Was the pot growing camp leader Tom?  They kinda look alike.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 01:33:07 AM »
No they aren't the same Actors

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 10:01:10 PM »
Was the pot growing camp leader Tom?  They kinda look alike.
no, but i reckognize the actor from somewhere else. thought it was a connection too when i first saw the geronimo jackson guy. don't no what other show i've seen on. seinfeld?