Author Topic: Juliet Marked for Death???  (Read 3751 times)

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Juliet Marked for Death???
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2007, 02:11:28 PM »
Just throwing this out but we don't even know the details of Juliet's trial and I'm not so sure she ever had one... it could all be a ruse to get Jack to react to Juliet as the underdog, we all know that Jack has a soft spot for the underdog... the marking can be a sign of prestige for all we know... it certainly wasn't ominous looking or even in a place to be visible so she could be shunned...

Wasn't it convenient that Jack and Juliet pass each other in the hall way in hand cuffs? The others were smart enough to never let Sawyer or Kate or Jack pass by each other... hmmm, seems rather staged to me... and then after she is branded she comes to Jack with her owie, awwwwwww..... don't buy it!
While I do agree, the piece of info that I am having a difficult time factoring in is how Jack negotiated for her life with the care of Ben's infection.  If the whole thing was under Ben &/or Juliet's control, had it not been for the infection, how would they have avoided the execution.  That part SEEMED to be under Jack's control.  Am I missing a way that they still could have had the upper hand?  Did they set up the infection & manipulate Jack even then? :-\ ???

mindsparkle

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2007, 08:13:30 PM »
Well, Juliet was the one that came and asked Jack to look at Ben's back... maybe it wasn't so infected just a little irritated and Jack thought he had an opportunity to save Juliet using treating Ben as a trade... maybe Jack just played right into their hands...

another thought, Juliet asked Jack to kill Ben so why would she be so concerned about an infection... she didn't like Ben, so we are lead to believe in the first place...

so they save Juliet but brand her... it could have been an initiation thing... she is finally one of the top full blow others and branded like the rest of them... who knows... just saying

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2007, 08:16:02 PM »
Just throwing this out but we don't even know the details of Juliet's trial and I'm not so sure she ever had one... it could all be a ruse to get Jack to react to Juliet as the underdog, we all know that Jack has a soft spot for the underdog... the marking can be a sign of prestige for all we know... it certainly wasn't ominous looking or even in a place to be visible so she could be shunned...

Wasn't it convenient that Jack and Juliet pass each other in the hall way in hand cuffs? The others were smart enough to never let Sawyer or Kate or Jack pass by each other... hmmm, seems rather staged to me... and then after she is branded she comes to Jack with her owie, awwwwwww..... don't buy it!
my thoughts too....they have all gone to some great lengths to sell their stories...Ben was tortured and beaten...they will go to some great lengths to hide the truth....

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2007, 08:21:36 PM »
I don't think anything we see of the Others is real.  I think it is all staged one way or another to make any one individual, or a group of individuals, think that they are something they are not, i.e. authoritative, law-abiding, communal, etc.

I think it is all staged, even the "family" impression Ben likes to give people about him and Alex.

So, is Juliet marked for death?  I highly doubt it.  I think it was a way to let her gain Jack's trust.  It was a way for her to let him think he needed to take care of her.

Offline kkehoe5

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2007, 02:45:51 PM »
If she is not marked for old Smokey then why did smokey only seem to care about her? It seemed as if it could have cared less about Kate. Thats why I am thinking this way.

Maybe it finaly has an other to scan so it can bypass the security of the island.