Author Topic: Why Would Ben Lock Juliet to Kate?  (Read 4794 times)

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Why Would Ben Lock Juliet to Kate?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2007, 03:51:44 PM »
I don't think that was Juliet. That would be too obvious. She was probably elsewhere hiding.
 It is possible Juliet and Ben's conversation is not what we think it was. That was intentionally ambiguous.
Can't wait to see what Juliet and Ethan's type and degree of involvement with Claire's pregnancy. That'll be interesting.
I totally agree- btw :)

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2007, 04:22:20 PM »
Did you notice the group with the gas masks? they looked slightly umm...Aryan. all fair haired and chosen.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2007, 12:12:14 AM »
I don't think that Juliet ever was gassed.  Nor do I think that she dragged Kate all that way by herself.  I think Ben has given her an opportunity for redemption by insinuating herself in the midst of the enemy.  As far as why Juliet handcuffed herself to Kate, I think that was to try and establish some kind of Thelma and Louise, us against them, girl power mentality similar to the one that Cassidy and Kate shared in the flashback. 

Juliet had to know that Jack would never leave her behind no matter what, so her story about being afraid was just another in a long list of lies.  The question is will Juliet chose loyalty to Ben, Jack or just continue to do whatever benefits her at the moment.
i've been having a big problem with the whole juliet handcuffing herself to kate.  i really do want to believe that juliet is innately good and trustworthy.  (please don't go crazy, i know she has lied and withheld information, but i think it was really for a greater good) 

that said, because of what i think of juliet, the kate/juliet thing has been hard to work out in my mind.  versed, i like the way you describe it.  juliet did have part in being hancuffed to kate.  but it was to "redeem" herself.  isn't that what lost is all about?  redemption of characters.  i CAN't wait until tomorrow, to see how trustworthy she really is.

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2007, 12:38:44 AM »
It ain't gonna be pretty. Sayid is either gonna torture her or she give up as little info as possible. She's "quasi-duplicitous" to quote DL. After 
Iraqi interrogation i think that were gonna find out how complicit she was in Claire's abduction. How trust worthy can she be? Is she going to redeem herself with the others only to betray the Losties?