Author Topic: THE MONSTER, Facts and Speculation:  (Read 3085 times)

Offline misseko815

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: THE MONSTER, Facts and Speculation:
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2007, 07:52:04 PM »
Rose did say that the sound reminded her of home, but that she couldn't quite place it, and then said she was from either Brooklyn or the Bronx (gotta love the burroughs). Here's a theory: with the speculation of underground tunnels, combined with some of the metallic sounds - what if part of smokey is an underground train system that the others use to travel quickly across the island. Maybe that's how Ethan and Goodwin got to their respective spyposts so quickly. And, do we really think Benry walked all the way from Otherland? He's not the type; I doubt he walked. But maybe, he took the train! :o

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2007, 07:54:28 PM »
hmm...

Ben did say if he ran he could get there in an hour.

I don't think Smokie is a rail system. I don't really see how that would work out :D

Ben: Tell Tom to take the Smokie Express to the top of the green hill... I'll meet him in an hour

:D

Offline misseko815

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2007, 07:59:06 PM »
Do you think that Ben walked all the way from "Otherville" to where he was "captured" by Rousseau? They were inland, I don't think he took the sub, I don't think he took the boat... so, either Tom and and Patchy carried him on their shoulders, or he walked... or he took the train.   :D All aboard! :D :D

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2007, 08:02:56 PM »
I think he walked. They look pretty used to walking. When they left the Tent City, everyone was all ready and in a line. It looked like they had been doing this a while.

Yeah, I think they walk. Most of them are fit, except for Tom (which baffles me).

Offline misseko815

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2007, 08:06:16 PM »
Tom is pretty fluffy in the mid-section, isn't he? What do you think he's been eating on the island keeping him that way? Maybe the lost Dharma animals from the experiments?  :D Extra polar bear anyone?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2007, 08:22:37 PM »
Tom is pretty fluffy in the mid-section, isn't he? What do you think he's been eating on the island keeping him that way? Maybe the lost Dharma animals from the experiments?  :D Extra polar bear anyone?
Hmm... put a little bit of white fur on him... paint his nose black... :D

I think Tom likes to sit around at home and contemplate his successes in the area of male conquest. ;D

Yes, that's a roundabout way of saying I think Tom's gay.

Offline misseko815

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2007, 10:23:28 PM »
[Tom is pretty fluffy in the mid-section, isn't he? What do you think he's been eating on the island keeping him that way? Maybe the lost Dharma animals from the experiments?   Extra polar bear anyone?

Hmm... put a little bit of white fur on him... paint his nose black...

I think Tom likes to sit around at home and contemplate his successes in the area of male conquest.

Yes, that's a roundabout way of saying I think Tom's gay.]

Being fluffy makes him gay?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2007, 10:29:31 PM »
heh heh... no, but there are a few threads dedicated to this theory... One reason is that he didn't want to see Kate take a shower...

Offline Lost_viewer

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
smokey
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2008, 12:49:42 PM »
Another thing I don't understand is that if smokey is composed of smoke why could he not get to Juliet and Kate when they were hiding inside that tree..or Jack and Kate when they were in the plane.

Offline fieldy32

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: smokey
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2008, 01:05:09 PM »
Another thing I don't understand is that if smokey is composed of smoke why could he not get to Juliet and Kate when they were hiding inside that tree..or Jack and Kate when they were in the plane.
I think during the scene of Juliet and Kate in the tree, Smokey just scanned Juliets mind, like he did to Eko and Locke (or whatever the hell that flashing white light is supposed to be).  Now, the Jack and Kate scene, I'm thinking that was because the pilot was the only one of the 3 in there dumb enough to stick his head out the window, at least I think he stuck his head out the window  ??? Then after Smokey munched on the pilot, his thirst for blood was thoroughly quenched and he peaced out.

Offline gjohnson

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2008, 01:13:06 PM »
Could there be more than one Smokie? Could they be the "original inhabitants" of the island? This thought struck me while reading the "why haven't we seen Smokie" thread. Would Ben's "I don't know" [what the smoke monster is] be an "I'm not going to tell you?" Okay, I realize this is a little out there, but just what is the smoke monster?

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
Re: smokey
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2008, 02:02:10 PM »
That bothered me too, but Smokey is solid enough to whup people around, explode out of the ground, etc. So maybe he can't easily fit into small places.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2008, 02:05:04 PM »
All things are possible in Smokey, g. We just don't know.

Offline relient k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2008, 05:20:29 PM »
I've speculated all i can on this stupid mysterious thing, I got nothing left...