Author Topic: Rain  (Read 8358 times)

Offline airdudei

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Rain
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2007, 01:22:21 AM »
I thought the rain was an excuse to show two beautiful women with wet shirts handcuffed together lol...

That's what I thought, or wasn't thinking ... Actually yeah, I wasn't thinking, just admiring the mud fight.

Offline airdudei

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2007, 01:23:26 AM »
Yeah come on Juliet is freakin' crazy. Did you see how she flipped Kate when she was bringing her some food. She's a bad ass

Offline lost_soul12

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2007, 05:10:23 AM »
i agree juliet is somthing else i think we will see that in her flash back that she will have soon ......

Offline ChellyKins

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2007, 08:12:53 AM »
I couldn't really be bothered reading the whole thread again so if I've repeated something I apologise.

OK, here's what I think regarding the rain, Locke knew it was going to rain because the Island told him it was gonna rain, Juliette knew it was gonna rain cos she read the manual... so to speak. :D
:D Good one. I figure who gives a hoot? The boys got to watch two hot women from the show roll around fighting in the rain and us girlies got to see..well, two women rolling around in the rain fighting LOL

Offline Psych0666

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2007, 06:04:19 PM »
I couldn't really be bothered reading the whole thread again so if I've repeated something I apologise.

OK, here's what I think regarding the rain, Locke knew it was going to rain because the Island told him it was gonna rain, Juliette knew it was gonna rain cos she read the manual... so to speak. :D
:D Good one. I figure who gives a hoot? The boys got to watch two hot women from the show roll around fighting in the rain and us girlies got to see..well, two women rolling around in the rain fighting LOL

aint that the truth

Offline ChellyKins

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2007, 08:46:09 PM »

aint that the truth

Case solved.  :D

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2007, 09:08:49 PM »

aint that the truth

Case solved.  :D
Thread lock, anyone? :D  [/jk]

Offline ChellyKins

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2007, 09:17:08 PM »
Not a bad idea ;)

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2007, 10:17:38 PM »
Rain brings up the notion that the entire island may be a controlled environment.  Basically, it's acting according to a script.  This may be why DHARMA chose it.  If Locke is able to tap into this script, he knows what's up.  Juliet, on the other hand, has been around long enough to see the patterns.  Cheating so to speak.

If the environment is controlled, who or what controls it?

Smokey was an abberation in this little game.

The entire island became an intelligence and internalized the psychological studies undertaken by DHARMA.

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2007, 01:04:09 AM »
dunno if its been said, but locke said that once "it's going to rain" and a second later it rained......HOLLA

ps. I'M BACKKKKKK AND HAPPY BELATED EASTER EVERYONEEEE

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2007, 01:13:39 AM »
Liking the controlled environment aspect. Could someone (i.e. the others) have control of more of the physical attributes of the Island than we know. Are they pulling puppet strings? I heard the giant hamster tunnel idea rote it off but its a great analogy so I'm borrowing and  adapting that. i think the pwtb are playing with mice in a maze. They are in a large course and the others guide/manipulate them by opening or closing passages. or feeding or flooding or whatever. Having power over the weather or terrain(?) would give someone a distinct advantage. But who controls it and for what greater purpose? Knowing who controls smoky would reveal so much about its nature.
p.s. Have we ever heard thunder before?

When Locke says that its gonna rain" Boone notices that it's odd and asks him if he "learned that at the box company."