Author Topic: Locke's Behavior!  (Read 5798 times)

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Locke's Behavior!
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2007, 12:39:15 AM »
What do you think the Other's told John about Kate?  He put in a strong case for her....but then they told me what you did.  We know that the Others were planning to kill Claire.  So, was it the killing that Locke was talking about or the lies, deception, and anarchy that was Kate's life?  Are we missing a piece of the puzzle in the history of Kate?  I'm beginning to think so. 
We arent missing a piece of Kate's history...the others are missing it. They know what everyone did. They know what kate did. They don't know why Kate did it. The others have visual facts, they have reports, they don't have motive...and I think that is what intrigues them and their interest in the losties. In many of the scenes where an other is with a lostie and they see them do something extrodinary...helping each other, they seem to be puzzled a bit...as if they know this person is bad, but they kind of redeemed themselves, at least for a moment.

Offline Blitz Wing

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2007, 07:00:56 AM »
I agree, the Others may know the Losties' histories but they don't know the whole story. Just like how the Sherriff Isabella reads Jack's Tatoos and thinks she knows what it means, but it doesn't mean what it says.

I believe the Others are reading Kate's Police Records, and it probably just paint Kate as a baddie. Probably says Kate killed her father, with no reason why she did it. Says that she shot the guy at the bank, thinking that Kate will even betray her own partners....but not saying she did it to save innocents.

As for Locke, maybe he's acting weird because he ate the Chicken at Ben's house. We know that Claire was acting weird when Ethan kidnapped her, she couldn't remember the Losties. Claire was getting pumped full of that Drug. Maybe the Others put that drug into their food!  =)

Offline dweebs

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2007, 08:13:54 AM »
Locke is was will always be a moron.  You can love him or hate him.  Hunter or Farmer?  I just see an egocentric loner whom has failed on numerous accounts in life.  If he is a man of faith than he converted to the Others religion.  He is manipulated over and over again.  He needed a father figure to kick him where the sun don't shine while growing up.  So, in return he got walked on his whole life.  (Soft)  So, he can go play GI Joe with the Others and fail. 

No more faith in Locke

Exactly!

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2007, 12:34:42 PM »
Did anyone ever figure out what the drug was or see writing on the bottle?  Only one question, was there anything concerning iron or other metallic complexes?

(Background:  Magnetism play an important role in different applications of health care, magnetic particles composed of magnetite which are well tolerated by the body.  Magnetic nanoparticles usually exist or can be prepared in the form of single domain or superparamagnetic MAGNETITE (Fe3o4), GREIGITE (Fe3s4), MAGNEMITE (r-Fe2o3), iron, nickel, etc. Synthetic magnetic materials have many applications in optics, electronic & energy storage.  Magnetism has applications in numerous field like diagnostics, drug targeting, molecular biology, cell isolation, cell purification, hyperthermia, radioimmunoassay).

Particularly with cancer, where magnetic nanoparticles can be complexed to chemotherapeutic agents, magnetic agents can be injected and then concentrated in an area of interest by a strong electromagnetic field.  Additionally, the manipulation and study of specific tissues (most notably the brain) may be revolutionized by such technology.

Yes, Locke may have got the injection or maybe he didn't need it!  Claire may have been on outsville because she was unresponsive to the medication and the island just dismissed her as a ditzy blonde.

Where I am going with all of this is the notion that the injections aided the magnetic superintelligence of the island to commune with its inhabitants by the injection of magnetic markers within their bloodstream. 

The drug injected into Claire and into her baby was not a sedative or an amnestic.  Too much volume, wrong mode of entry, and no withdrawal after cessation.  Claires baby would be dead with the shot if it were any standard sedative/hypnotic or any normal immunization!

Na, the injection was meant to be administered to Claire's baby and not to Claire (she did get something for la la land).  The injection was likely some nanoparticulate allowing the fetus to develop in the arms of the island's intelligence.

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2007, 07:01:12 PM »
I donít think Locke is selfish as such, just not that thoughtful for others personal feelings Ė he thinks that the things he does will be for a greater good and therefore everyone will soon look up to him and pat him on the back Ėas he invests more in the opinion of others than he does in his own opinion. Itís almost a child like quality.

I think we will really find out more about Lockes behaviour when the missing chunk of time is filled in but my guess is that Ben has found Lockes achilles heel with his dad and his feelings of worthlessness and now has him thinking he is destined to be on the island and teach the others about itís power. Heís talked Locke up to the point that his loyalty has switched and Locke has shown how gullible and easily fooled he can be in the past Ė itís divide and rule

Offline Itzme

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2007, 03:01:45 PM »
Locke is annoying. Blowing up the hatch, the sub, and the flame station. I hope he goes away for a "Leader of the Others" seminar that last a real long time.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2007, 05:04:14 PM »
Each phase of knowledge has occurred with a sacrice.....Boone (first hatch), Echo (the second), Mikail (barracks)....Locke has hidden a great deal of what is behind his motivations. 

Probably, this has to do with the story broadening (becoming too broad), but Locke is due one heck of an island flashback to fill in the pieces.

Locke's recent behavior after seeing daddy and ditching Kate can be construed many ways.... He made a strong case for Kate, thus implying that the Other's will need assets where they are going.  Then they told Locke what she had done and he drops the notion immediately.  This would imply that honesty, teamwork, and virtue are important to the experience or task at hand. 

This combination of reliability and virtue can only mean that the Others are heading towards the magic box. 

Obviously, there is some unpredictability to the "magic box" and, hence, the others were surprised by what came out of it.  This surprise may have arisen from Locke being in no proximity to the box, yet his mind yielded Mr. Cooper.

The act of everyone heading out, while the losties + Juliet are drugged, suggests that the method of reaching the magic box is simple, incredible, or both.  The group may have said a few om's and poofed away or they may have decended into holes (as almost did Locke in season one).  No tracks, no trace.  The island just swallowed them up.

Locke is hyper-religious, but he's not a nutcase.  I don't believe that Locke destroyed the sub just to keep him away from Daddy; this is simply what Ben inferred from getting to know Cooper.  Locke is now in such communion with the island that his reunion with his father is just a blip on the screen.  He has put the past behind him and that is why he is being invited to discover the soul of the island.

Locke's coldness and dismissal of Kate can only mean that he is aware of the dangers of allowing the powers of the magic box to be enjoyed by dangerous people.  This suggests a proximity effect....the closer you are to the magic box/the monster/the island....the greater is it's effect.  So, he ditches Kate like leftover spagetti.  Waa Laa!

How will they portray the center, the soul, of the island?  Good question.....and probably an active topic among our very busy producers/writers.  It can't be inside a building, too scientific, or too ordinary.  They're probably going to Gilligan's Island the thing and put it near a volcano.  Lot of drama with that approach.  The island is angry!!! 

OK, I'm getting off topic.  But, Locke's actions are logical with the above assumptions.  Ergo, the assumptions must be true or Mr. Clean must be illogical (thus making logical conclusions from incorrect assumptions).

Enough.  Talks amongst yourselves....

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2007, 05:27:13 PM »
sacrifice not sacrice.  lo siento.