Author Topic: Where is Rousseau?  (Read 10961 times)

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Where is Rousseau?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2007, 05:57:45 PM »
Did Rousseau move the sub for locke? she was at the ferry. Faking blowing up the sub took out motives and options for Jack and Juliet. Maybe Locke saw that the submarine was creating selfish and superficial internal conflict. Ben admitted that Locke had found a good "out" for him. If Locke "got rid" of the sub than he could take control of the situation and "create an advantage" ala Sayid and the sailboat.  Danielle's original place in "SOLITARY" was only found because Sayid followed the under water cable to her place. we now know that the cable was for the sub's sonar beacon. did she know it was there and possibly how to use it? Mikhail also said "vessels" plural. Is there more than one water craft?

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2007, 07:33:40 PM »
As far as the vessels go, we know from the Lost Experience that Paik Heavy Industries was building a huge hospital ship for Dharma/Hanso to use.  Some of us think that is where Micheal was sent when he was given the heading.

As for Rousseau?  I think she is in the sub hiding.  I am one of the sub-not-go-boom believers and I think that she helped Locke in taking it.  Carl could have been part of it, or maybe when he ran off, he hid in the sub knowing it would be departing soon for the outside world.  It would be his way off the island.

mindsparkle

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2007, 08:21:52 PM »
Nancy Drew I love your ideas especially the one about leaving the others stranded on the Hydra... that would be so funny but would end the fun too soon...

I think Rousseau is following the others, but I also think they have another sub, several maybe and left in a sub... and she'll not be able to track them...

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2007, 08:31:24 PM »
Rousseau could be following the others, but she didn't seem very interested in reaching out to her daughter.  It was almost a look of closure when she saw Alex and saw that she was healthy and active.  Rousseau is such a wild card.  It is anybody's guess as to what she is doing.  She could actually be one of the Others, but maybe banished because she killed her husband when he was sick.

mindsparkle

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2007, 08:54:10 PM »
Good point about Rousseau being a wild card... it is hard to tell just what and how she fits into the scheme of things... I do think she is interested in her daughter and will want to have contact but not until she sees her daughter look for her... Rousseau isn't much of a risk taker... she's survived all these years playing it safe or she's a giant figment of the losties imagination... LOL

musepsycho

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2007, 01:26:07 PM »
This episode made me believe that Locke and Rousseau are planning something.  Mostly because of Locke's reaction when Kate asks him about her.  It was like he knew but didn't want to say. 

Yeah, he and Russeau are definitely in on something.  But what?  Are they going to try to trap the others?  Will they leave them on the Hydro with no way back?  It will be interesting to see how this all unfolds.

I'm not sure if they are planning together, but it certainly looked like Locke knew of her whereabouts.

Offline ChellyKins

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2007, 01:42:26 PM »
I like the idea that she is following the Other's watching her babygirl. Very possible idea there.

I don't wanna think that Carl went and hid in the sub. That would suck. lol It would be neat to find him and have him help the Losties. Maybe that is what is going to make Juliet talk.

I'm wondering where it's all leading us to. Good stuff the past few weeks. Well, minus the necessary killing of Dumb and Dumber::)

Offline gjohnson

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2007, 04:25:07 PM »
Didn't we see a shot of Rousseau watching the explosion which appears to have destroyed the sub? I seem to remember seeing her face and the glow of the explosion on it.

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2007, 04:32:31 PM »
I remember her looking at Alex and there was some kind of light source putting a glow on her face, but I think that was from the moon or a nearby lamp.  I don't think we saw her after that.  That was the last time.  And that was as Locke was walking to the sub.

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2007, 01:52:48 PM »
Both Locke and Rousseau are loose cannons. I think they have more in common than we realize. They could be jungle buddies.  :-*
I don't think Kate told Rousseau about Carl. However, Following Alex and the others is a very plausable idea. Maybe Locke knows that she is secretly tailing the others and will tell the losties where they are later on. That could be why acted weird when he talked to Kate.

Offline ILoveLost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2007, 01:08:01 PM »
I agree with razzle-dazzle.  Danielle is trailing Alex.  When she returns, she will be the one that leads the Losties to where the Others have gone.

Ditto.

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2007, 11:03:41 PM »
Maybe next season they will do a flashback epi of Rousseau.  That would be very cool to see.

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2007, 04:32:48 PM »
At one point I thought Danielle had made some sort of deal with Ben and I ahven't totally gone from this idea but...I also think she is one on her own and does what she wants and helps who she wants - I reckon she could have helped Locke with the sub or could have at least spoken to him and made a plan.

I did think that Locke was acting strange when he spoke to Kate and I remember when they first went in the hatch - he told Dessie to tie her up because she was dangerous but it was part of his plan - so maybe he was just doing the same thing to her this time but less subtley, we know the others could see or hear what was going on in the room following Tom's warning the other week to Jack. It all depends on his Daddy's effect I supoose.

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2007, 01:06:32 AM »
RE-producers podcast they would love to eventually give her a flashback. I love The French Woman aka Rousseau aka Danielle's story. I love her episode's and her mystique. She must know so much more than she tells us. I feel like where on a need to know basis with her.
Good call wishbone- forgot all about Tom's warning.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2007, 01:11:36 AM »
I hear it will be during season 4