Author Topic: Shouldn't Jack be ready to talk quite a bit next episode?  (Read 1704 times)

Offline dcnole

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Shouldn't Jack be ready to talk quite a bit next episode?
« on: April 05, 2007, 01:05:16 AM »
I know we've said this 100 times, but next week seems like an episode that has to be packed with new info. Jack has spent a lot of time with the Others. He has talked to a lot of people, including some of the tail section captives, perhaps. He has all sorts of personal knowledge of how they were living. He has to have learned something interesting related to how they go back and forth between the two islands.  When Jack talked to Kate 2 weeks ago right before leaving, the viewer was forced to believe that he couldnt talk to her in detail because they were listening in.  Now, he should be ready to talk.

Juliet may or may not be forthcoming and may or may not be honest if she is, but if the writers are fair, we should learn a great deal from Jack. 

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Shouldn't Jack be ready to talk quite a bit next episode?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 01:06:30 AM »
Do you watch the same Lost that I do.  Because the one I watch does not have anyone tell anyone anything.

Offline dcnole

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 01:10:58 AM »
Do you watch the same Lost that I do.  Because the one I watch does not have anyone tell anyone anything.
Of course. But that's my point. There always seems to be some reason. Like last week, they threw in that line from Tom about people listening in, so that Jack wouldnt be able to dish dirt to Kate. This week, Locke was in the same boat, knowing he was leaving with the Others and not wanting to cross them.  The Others themselves all seem secretive and we sort of have to believe they won't talk to the castaways. In the past, Michael saw them, but he was working for them, etc.  But this seems to be the first time in a while that someone with a ton of info we haven't been privy to is in a position to spill it with no reprecussion and should have the will to do so. That's why I said "if the writers are fair".  To concoct a way to prevent Jack from spilling the beans would be pretty lame at this juncture.

Offline madmax22e

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 01:12:42 AM »
for real, i would non stop ask any of the others what they were doing. if i was kate i would have demanded answers from juliet. when she dislocated her shoulder, i would have threatened to do worse. how can they not be interested in that answer constantly. i would be like a kid in the backseat "are we there yet?" the entire time.

Offline PurpleLostPrincess

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 08:34:59 AM »
But now we have Juliette thrown into the equasion and although she has shown she is not entirely loyal to the others, Jack might not be as willing to talk about stuff in front of her because she is, at the end of the day, an other.

I do hope you're right though and that we do find out more from him. Unfortunately, our losties have never been very good at communicating with each other but then, that is what has kept the story going in a way...

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 08:57:02 AM »
Other times there is no reason, like when they were going to create an army.  Oh yeah, and Ana Lucia was going to train them.  The first thing I thought when they talked about that was finally we'll get some action, and then at the same time why the hell didn't he ask Sayid?  And then it was pretty much never mentioned again and nothing came from it.  Sometimes they frustrate me with their stupidity.

Offline surfmadpig

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 12:54:22 PM »
He should talk - a lot. If he doesn't, he's one of the Others now, metaphorically or not. He's surving their purposes. No excuse this time.