Author Topic: Is Jack Hooking Up With Julia?  (Read 6449 times)

Offline KateReallyLovesJack

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Is Jack Hooking Up With Julia?
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2007, 05:02:37 PM »
Nah, I really don't think so - there's been a couple of cute exchanges, a few lovey dovey glances but nothing more and I don't think it will go much further. I think Juliet knows what she's doing to Kate and is doing it on purpose - perhaps to drive Kate into Sawyer's arms again, in order for Jack to be even more put off by Kate. I also think that Juliet is using Jack for her own devices, not for anything romantic. She's probably got a whole plan going on still involving Jack and Ben but Kate was probably gumming up the works!!

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2007, 05:43:24 PM »
You can't help who you love.....Diane's message to her daughter.  Kate, no matter how much she tries, won't love Jack.  He represents who she wounded.  Kate's real conflict will be that she has become so cynical and secretive that she can only be with Sawyer....a comraderie amonst thieves.

I think that time in the one hatch where Juliet sees the video of Jack that it was already Ben's plan to hook up Juliack.  That would mean that, yes, Juliet is the ultimate covert agent and that she is that much under the sway of Ben.  In the end, Jack will get sick of women and hook up with Mr. (*my aunt Edith*) Happy, Tom.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2007, 10:52:24 PM »
I got that feeling about Juliet too, puff.  When she said 'he's cute' in the hatch, it was almost like 'ooh, this won't be soo bad then..'

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2007, 10:55:37 PM »
I think Jack would like to hook up with Juliet, but I think Juliet is playing mind games with him and Kate.  I wonder what will happen when he finds out she betrayed him too.  He is like a stepping stone for all women to get to what they really want.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2007, 04:10:39 PM »
I got that feeling about Juliet too, puff.  When she said 'he's cute' in the hatch, it was almost like 'ooh, this won't be soo bad then..'
Good point. :)

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2007, 07:55:55 PM »
that Jack and Kate "i'll come back for you" scene was really well done though

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2007, 08:35:20 PM »
I just think that through this island experience, Jack's bedside manner has improved.  He is a caretaker.

mindsparkle

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2007, 11:45:39 PM »
I wish I could agree but it seems that Jack's sweetness towards Kate vanished when his chance to leave the island blew up in his face... their encounter in the hallway when she was waking him up was anything but kind and sweet... Jack is being a jerk and sees Juliet as the underdog for him to champion... he just loves being the big man rescuer, doesn't he?

Offline lostinwine

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2007, 04:15:53 PM »
Juliet is playing Jack and Kate for fools. Her and Ben are scheming and using the two of them against each other as a way to manipulate the losties. Jack will eventually be with Kate after a cinematic emotional decision in which he must decide against her life and someone else's i.e. Sawyer, Juliet, etc. Jack is in love with Kate but is too chicken sh*t to do anyhting about it. He doesn't want to hurt or get hurt in the future. He is a born protector and will always be there for Kate.

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2007, 06:02:20 PM »
I don't think it is part of the devine plan for Jack to hook up with anyone permanently.  I think he will always be a stepping stone for the women he attracts.  The "hero" persona only woo's for a while, then gals get sick of it.  It makes them feel like they can't do things on their own.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2007, 12:01:56 AM »
Ya,

Jack is in the friend room with Kate.  With Juliet, she was supposed to win his confidence and set him up....but, she will instead fall in love with him because of his tatoos.

Jack just has to stop being a bitter little weenie and good stuff will start to happen.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2007, 12:14:41 AM »
I don't think it is part of the devine plan for Jack to hook up with anyone permanently.  I think he will always be a stepping stone for the women he attracts.  The "hero" persona only woo's for a while, then gals get sick of it.  It makes them feel like they can't do things on their own.
i agree totally.  if he were to ever hook up permanently, the girl would be just like sara and stray.  he would be bored (nothing to fix), and she would be bored (and ignored) too.