Author Topic: Puff sounds/thoughts  (Read 2574 times)

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Puff sounds/thoughts
« on: April 03, 2007, 09:08:43 PM »
In this episode, Jack steps in on one of Christian's surgeries.  Christian has opened a bleeding abdomen....tough....packed away and somehow cut the hepatic artery.  The nurse came to get Jack cause Christian's hands were shaking.  Was Christian still drinking at this time? 

If he had just had lunch, as he states, and he was drinking, the shakes would be gone.  On the other hand, if he was detoxing and on the wagon, then I can understand it. 

Jack always seems to be wrong.....about everything.  He may have got his old man fired for being tipsy on the job when, in fact, Christian may have messed up because he was avoiding the hooch.

I don't know, help me. 

I remember that we see a scene later where Christian is at an AA meeting and Jack is convinced he's with his wife.  Did Christian get scared straight by this episode in the OR?  The time line here is key because it may explain why Jack's mom is angry at him for what he did.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Puff sounds/thoughts
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 09:11:46 PM »
Christian was out to lunch and was called back to do the surgery. He was drinking at lunch. Jack was right.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 09:19:01 PM »
Ya, I just caught the part where he promises that what happened yesterday will never happen again.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 09:36:02 PM »
When Sawyer confronts Sajid following his return (and earlier torture of Sawyer), Sawyer states "I don't know if you Islams have a concept of karma."  Then he goes on to say something about cosmic payback.  The issue of karma is later revisited in Expose, but why does Sawyer not seek revenge against Sajid?  Is he worried about how karma will judge him?

Walt tell Hurley that he is always lucky.  Brian, his adoptive father, said that Walt was the luckiest person he ever knew.  Walt beats Hurley at backgammon despite Hurley being very good (once placing 17th in a pro tournement).  Walt is lucky, as was Hurley in playing the numbers, and drawn to Locke.  Are there unique qualities about those who show the early communion with the island (neither Walt or Locke want to leave)?  Are some invited and others converted?  Both Locke and Walt were not raised by their real fathers and both were outsiders.  Both seem to attract bad luck.  Both play games well.  Any other similarities?

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 09:39:20 PM »
Additionally, we begin to see Locke utilize precognition in this episode.  He already knew there were others on the island.  In addition, when hunting Ethan, he follows his gut....he is able to predict the rain within a few seconds.