Author Topic: Puffs Thoughts (Done Right...)  (Read 4427 times)

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Puffs Thoughts (Done Right...)
« on: April 03, 2007, 06:49:22 PM »
What is the meaning of the medallion claire is wearing in her dream?

Why is Locke in her dream?
Has anyone figured out the significance of the white/black metaphor (Locke's eyes)?

Thomas's art has similarity to the mural found in the hatch.  The work that he is currently finishing when claire is found to be pregnant is three faces with the word hell on the bottom.  Evil stuff.  The number 125 on another piece (1+2+5=8). 

A poster called "the glory year" hangs on a wall.  (Birbane bronco's)

MUCHAS IMPORTANTE!!!!!  WHEN THOMAS STATES THE "WE CAN DO THIS...(have a baby), CLAIRE STATES THAT HER MOM WOULD DISOWN HER.  THOMAS REPLIES THAT SHE BASICALLY HAS ALREADY.  TIMELINE ISSUE....CLAIRE'S MOM SHOULD BE IN A COMA.  Explain that one please.

Kate stares a heck of a lot.

Kate refers to "sinking" while standing on the beach.  She states that she used to do it with her mom when she was a kid.  when would kate have been to a beach living in the midwest?  ok, she may have went on vacation in her troubled upbringing.

why are charlie's fingernails half black (base of the nail bed) and white/normal?  Seen that in other episodes too.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Puffs Thoughts (Done Right...)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 07:46:29 PM »
Why is claire so into astrology but hesitent to get a reading?

Claire hasn't told her mom yet, we're afraid that....shhhhh (Claire's asian friend talking, asian shhhing).  Did the writer's change claire's storyline or is Claire acting as if her mom in bipedal?

This alteration in consistency in the flashbacks is also seen with Jack (tattoo jack versus doctor jack, responsible jack turning dad in versus crazy jack looking for sarah's lover, tattoo claire versus lets get married claire, angry locke verus pot locke....no pun intended).  Again, to beat the bush of quantum threads....does the island merge quantum realities or are these character timelines kinda iffy and undulating?  Claire is now arguing with Thomas after he is breaking up with her and he refers to her daddy abandonment crap....so either her story changed or she has now met Christian.

Hurley's last name is Rayas or Rajas.  However, another spelling would be: RAJAH or RAJA(s)

ra·jah or ra·ja (rä'jə)
n.
A prince, chief, or ruler in India or the East Indies.

Next,  Hurley is conducting his census.  Right after talking to Locke he is speaking with either a asian or hispanic girl...tall...olive pants.  Is that the same girl who accompanied claire to the psychic?

Ethan romme is very likely a reference to wharton's Ethan Fromme.  A small town guy who wants to get out to pursue a life of science.

The psychic tell claire "danger surrounds this baby" and impells her that this child must be raised by noone else but you...."your spirit, your goodness" must be an influence....."there is no happy life for this child, not without you."  Did the psychic know that claire would end up on the island?

Also, there is an airplane next to claire's bed when the psychic richark malkin calls.  Has anyone read "Pico Never Forgets?" It is a short story by a writer named richard malkin who was best known as the authority on the history of air cargo.  Couldn't find a description of the short story, which won a O. Henry award, but is the name a reference to the psychic delivering claire to the island?

[Hindi rājā, from Sanskrit, king.]

WORD HISTORY   Rajah is familiar to us from the Sanskrit rājā, “king,” and mahārājā, “great king.” The Sanskrit root raj–, “to rule,” comes from the Indo-European root *reg-, “to move in a straight line, direct, rule.” The same Indo-European root appears in Italic (Latin) and Celtic. Rēx means “king” in Latin, coming from *reg-s, whence our regal and, through French, royal. Two of the Gaulish kings familiar to us from Caesar, Dumnorix and Vercingetorix, incorporate the Celtic word rīx, “king,” in their names. (Rīx also forms part of the name of that fictitious, indomitable Gaul Asterix.) Germanic at some time borrowed the Celtic word rīx. It appears as reiks, “ruler,” in Gothic, as well as in older Germanic names ending in –ric, such as Alaric and Theodoric, the latter of whom has a name that is equivalent to German Dietrich, “people's king.” A derivative of Celtic rīx, *rīg-yo–, meaning “rule, domain,” was also borrowed into Germanic, and is the source of German Reich, “rule, empire.”

Muy interesante.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 08:08:28 PM »
Arline and Joseph Steward or Stewart (the prospective adoptors of claire's child)?  Joseph Steward was a really lousy portrait painter from the 1790's.  The kiddo's could do his stuff.  Anyway, these two have to be others...thin, neat, physically fit, evil....but CLAIRE AGAIN REFERS TO HER DAD.  In this case he sang to her "Catch a Falling Star.....and put it in your pocket."  Two Claires?  I'm beginning to think so because the Claire who met with Christian would not remember her dad singing such a song.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 08:27:20 PM »
Locke listens to sajid talk about the french woman with disinterest.  He shows no reponse when sajid tells Kate and Jack that "we're not alone."  Did ethan reveal himself to Locke?

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 10:11:28 PM »
Charlie had nail polish on.

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 09:44:30 PM »
So I watched this episode today.

When I saw the black and white eyes, I thought of the black and white stones found with Adam and Eve.  To me they looked like the jewish stones Urim and Thummim, which were a form of divine communication.  I don't know if this means anything, just what I thought.

Kate says in a later episode, the one after this I think, that her father was in the military and they lived in WA  ???  She moved around alot as an army brat when she was living with him and her mom as a child...so I think it is possible.

And yeah, he paints (or probably uses his black marker) his nails...

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 09:53:43 PM »
Ok, I don't know if anyone is going to join in here since it is years after airing..but..

Puff, Hurley's last name is REYES.  And he walked of with Sun after speaking to Locke.  It was stated in the episode that the psychic knew she would end up there, that's why he said "YOU MUST GO ON THIS FLIGHT". 

I personally think they show black and white, tattoo or no tattoo in our characters so we can realize redemption when we see it...growth.  I don't believe there are two different realities, oh what's the word I am looking for....gawd..you know two different timelines...