Author Topic: Rose Remarks, I have heard that sound before.  (Read 3164 times)

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Rose Remarks, I have heard that sound before.
« on: April 03, 2007, 04:50:20 PM »
this is about the monsta.....

what did Rose do for a living?

Offline Dakan

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: Rose Remarks, I have heard that sound before.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 04:18:00 PM »
Well, we know now that the sound comes from a New York Taxi cab.  Wonder if they follow up with Rose and Bernard's story if it comes out that they live in New York. 

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 05:45:09 PM »
I agree with Dakan. The sound is not that unfamiliar.

Offline toadsage

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 06:07:06 PM »
its the noise that the  speeder bikes make in Return of the Jedi

Offline quick127

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 07:42:09 PM »
I've thought a lot on the monster... even pre-Cerberus thoughts after it smacked into the sound gate.

I've always kind of felt that Rouseau's statement about it being a security device was true.  It's no monster.  It's a machine.  A highly advanced one with access to a bank of sounds.  An orb (or three connected orbs) chalk full of Doc-Oc esque tentacles.  All of which produce black smoke as a sort of "camo."  That's why it can appear small (tentacles in) or giant humanoid (tentacles out)... or... as a... bird.  Yeah...

So, given that it has access to all these noises (and perhaps some sort of hologram technology to display people, i.e. Eko's bro), it would make sense that Rose would recognize the sound.  It's made mechanical noises, animal noises, and supernatural noises.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 09:24:49 PM »
I've thought a lot on the monster... even pre-Cerberus thoughts after it smacked into the sound gate.

I've always kind of felt that Rouseau's statement about it being a security device was true.  It's no monster.  It's a machine.  A highly advanced one with access to a bank of sounds.  An orb (or three connected orbs) chalk full of Doc-Oc esque tentacles.  All of which produce black smoke as a sort of "camo."  That's why it can appear small (tentacles in) or giant humanoid (tentacles out)... or... as a... bird.  Yeah...

So, given that it has access to all these noises (and perhaps some sort of hologram technology to display people, i.e. Eko's bro), it would make sense that Rose would recognize the sound.  It's made mechanical noises, animal noises, and supernatural noises.

I don't think it has any permanent shape, not even retractable tentacles. It's mostly some kind of electomagnetic force field under the control of one or more individuals we have yet to meet.