Author Topic: Missing Lostie  (Read 6108 times)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Missing Lostie
« on: March 30, 2007, 02:48:11 PM »
Did anyone notice the One Original Lostie that was never seen in Expose? (I mean the In-The-Loop Losties, not Background Extras, Red-Shirt Losties, or Survivor Extras ;) )

Answer below:

Missing Lostie
Michael

If I'm wrong, please show me where this character was seen.

Also, none of the Tailies were in the episode. Where are Rose and Bernard? Why haven't we seen them for the last few epis?

Offline Hatchelor

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Lostie
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 02:49:50 PM »
Michael was mentioned by Ben. So he's got that going for him, which is nice.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 02:54:07 PM »
The Tailies would not of been in much since they did not join until day 48 and then all started to die. Rose was seen on the beach being helped by jack after the crash.

Offline versed4every1

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 05:39:56 PM »
After going back to White Rabbit and the original footage of Jack's "Live Together, Die Alone" speech, Michael seems to have been deliberately cut out.  He was visible a number of times in the original footage.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 05:43:12 PM »
my guess is contract reasons.  what about walt?  i dont' remember seeing him?  and sayid?  was he in it?

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 06:17:32 PM »
I really dont think its that big of a deal.  I think those characters just werent present on the old footage or just were not seen by the camera angles which they used.

Offline versed4every1

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 06:17:59 PM »
Walt was not in the episode to my knowledge.  Sayid was in Jack's speech scene.

Offline versed4every1

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 06:19:31 PM »
I really dont think its that big of a deal.  I think those characters just werent present on the old footage or just were not seen by the camera angles which they used.

It might not be a deal at all, but Michael definately was in the speech scene.  During the first run in White Rabbit, there is a part where the scene cuts from Sayid to Michael and then to Jin and Sun.  In Expose' in cuts right from Sayid to Jin and Sun. 

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 06:38:28 PM »
maybe they dont want to show michael and walt, that way it is more dramatic when they reveal that they didnt really get off the island or wherever they are.

Offline versed4every1

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 07:01:39 PM »
maybe they dont want to show michael and walt, that way it is more dramatic when they reveal that they didnt really get off the island or wherever they are.

That would be my guess!

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 07:50:32 PM »
Sayid was in Jack's speech scene.
thanks!  i didn't remember him.

That would be my guess!
i still think it's a contractual thing.  if they showed walt and michael, they would have to pay them.  even though it is old footage, it is a new episode.

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2007, 01:04:17 AM »

That would be my guess!
i still think it's a contractual thing.  if they showed walt and michael, they would have to pay them.  even though it is old footage, it is a new episode.

could be but i really do think that it was because they dont want us to think about them until we see them again and go OMG.  Another reason for not having them there to shoot the new footage is maybe they were somewhere else shooting there episode.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2007, 01:24:36 AM »

That would be my guess!

could be but i really do think that it was because they dont want us to think about them until we see them again and go OMG.  Another reason for not having them there to shoot the new footage is maybe they were somewhere else shooting there episode.
they are not in shooting for a new episode.  they could have just used old footage.  and tptb know that we would notice them gone.  they know how much we analyze every episode.  there will be no omg when we do see them, or at least not becaue of their absence in this episode..

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2007, 01:39:13 AM »
I do think they were deliberately not shown to make it more dramatic when we havent seen them for about a year and all of a sudden they are on the island. 

you also have to remember that not everyone looks as deep into this show as all of us here at SWLS do.  Some people might not even be thinking anything about Walt and Michael, and if they ever really left the island.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2007, 12:39:35 PM »
I think that Michael was too busy whining and generally being annoying that they thought they would give us a break and exclude him from the flashback.