Author Topic: Ethan  (Read 5300 times)

Offline KateReallyLovesJack

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Ethan
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 01:03:33 PM »
Well, I'm gonna go with the flow, pretend that it was suppose to happen.
When Ethan lived here, in the real world, he ate real food. Nobody who eats Dharma food is fat so it obviously can't be that bad for you so I'm going with, he lost weight on the island.
My official stance on this  ;D is that the actor/Ethan (dunno his name) purposely gained and lost weight just to show the difference in him on island and off island.
That's my take!

Offline Schmoe

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2007, 01:45:01 PM »
He had the WI shirt on when he made the comment about finding cloths in the wreckage.  I think he put it on to try and fit in with the actual plane crash survivors.

My father in law owned a sporting goods store in Michigan so I have a ton of Michigan shirts even though I grew up in Wisconsin and now live in Arizona (hey, they are free t-shirts, who am I to complain).  I always have to explain this when someone says "go blue" to me.  There are all kinds of reason people have on shirts that have say something other than where they are from.

Offline Blitz Wing

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2007, 02:00:14 AM »
I'm sure they superimposed parts of the plane crash flashback, but those were newly shot scenes.  Just look at boone's hair when he comes up to Nikki and asks for a Pen.  That's now boone, not season 1 boone.

Is "Now Boone" the same actor? He looks different to me ever since his appearance in Locke's Dream sequence where he talks to Boone.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2007, 02:02:05 AM »
Same actor.  He just had a horrible wig on last night, because his other filming obligations prevented him from cutting his hair.  Pretty boy. :P lol

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2007, 02:04:21 AM »
They could have used this flash back to show Ethan stealling the hair brushes,  now that would have been cool

Offline a_dot_out

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2007, 03:12:27 AM »
I think the overlooked item of interest regarding Ethan in this episode was his major case of foot-in-mouth disease.

Nikki And you are so sweet Ethan, but actually we're not looking for clothes. Yeah, see Paulo here lost his nicotine gum.
Ethan Ouch. You might have more luck looking inland.
Paulo In the jungle?
Ethan The plane split apart when it was over the island so some of the stuff might have rained down in there.
    (In the distance an argument can be heard)

Had he made the same comments to a different character(s) he would have totally blown the Others' cover early on. Had Paulikki not been so completely consumed with themselves and their diamonds, this would have eventually set off a few red flags once they had a chance to get themselves together from the plane crash.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2007, 03:17:33 AM »
I think the overlooked item of interest regarding Ethan in this episode was his major case of foot-in-mouth disease.

Nikki And you are so sweet Ethan, but actually we're not looking for clothes. Yeah, see Paulo here lost his nicotine gum.
Ethan Ouch. You might have more luck looking inland.
Paulo In the jungle?
Ethan The plane split apart when it was over the island so some of the stuff might have rained down in there.
    (In the distance an argument can be heard)

Had he made the same comments to a different character(s) he would have totally blown the Others' cover early on. Had Paulikki not been so completely consumed with themselves and their diamonds, this would have eventually set off a few red flags once they had a chance to get themselves together from the plane crash.

I noticed this, too!  It was so ridiculously obvious.  He may as well had a sign on his forehead that said "OTHER."  :P

Offline Blitz Wing

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2007, 06:32:50 AM »
I thought it was funny how just before N&P found the plane, Paulo said he doesn't trust artz and they should have gone to Ethan, he would have helped.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2007, 09:14:41 AM »
If I was ever in a plane crash on a tropical island in the middle of nowhere, my first instinct wouldn't be that this guy lives on the island and he's trying to kidnap us.  I'd just think he was creepy.  I don't think anyone suspected there were Others at that time.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2007, 09:32:10 AM »
Ethan wearing a Wisconsin shirt was a shout out to all the Wisconsin people on SWLS!

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2007, 02:34:09 PM »
I thought it was a DeGroots reference. Didn't they research at the University of Wisconsin? And I heard Paolo's line about Ethan. Did Paolo work with the others as Sawyer said or is he just another idiot who didn't tell anybody anything?

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2007, 02:36:33 PM »
I thought it was a DeGroots reference. Didn't they research at the University of Wisconsin? And I heard Paolo's line about Ethan. Did Paolo work with the others as Sawyer said or is he just another idiot who didn't tell anybody anything?

DeGroots were from U of Michigan, & I think Paolo is "just another idiot who didn't tell anybody anything."   :D

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2007, 07:49:31 PM »
Ethan wearing a Wisconsin shirt was a shout out to all the Wisconsin people on SWLS!

I agree 100%!!

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2007, 08:10:12 PM »
He had the WI shirt on when he made the comment about finding cloths in the wreckage.  I think he put it on to try and fit in with the actual plane crash survivors.

This was my thoughts when I watched it

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2007, 08:32:44 PM »
Ethan doesn't deserve to wear a WI shirt!  He is sooo not as cool as real wisconsin people...

I thought his placement here was a little akward, like Shanon's and Boone's roles in this episode.  It felt more like the writers were saying 'hey gang! remember these guys?' for no real reason. Unless there is something pivital i missed...