Author Topic: Ethan  (Read 5297 times)

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Ethan
« on: March 29, 2007, 01:44:50 AM »
I dont know if anyone remembers this but in Not in Portland alot of us suspected somethiing looking weird about Ethan.  His cheeks looked fatter and this could have someting to do with the theory of aging on the island.

Yet in this episode he looks like normal again.

Thoughts?

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Ethan
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 02:12:13 AM »
to show that he was younger then?

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 02:15:39 AM »
it really wasnt that long ago so i dont see how it would just be that.

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 03:27:10 AM »
3 years ago in real life = how many years on the lost island? exactly.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 08:03:22 AM »
Ethan: Aww man!  They killed me off.  Well, at least I have my ol' friends Ben and Jerry..
(cue non-stop eating to cure the pain)
(2 years later, telephone rings)
Writers of Lost: Hey Ethan, what's up.  Hey, we decided to bring you back to the show for a few epis!
Ethan: Whoa-ho!  Righteous! 
Writers of Lost: Yeah, unfortunatly you'll only have about 2 minutes of screentime...
Ethan: (looks down at his newly formed spare tire) ****. *shoulda been eating celery..*

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 10:22:59 AM »
His shirt said Wisconsin.
We found that interesting on the chat last night.
I thought he said he was from Canada, but wearing a Wisconsin T-shirt... Not as weird as wearing  an Oklahoma T-Shirt and being from Canada, but still.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 10:51:06 AM »
His shirt said Wisconsin.
We found that interesting on the chat last night.
I thought he said he was from Canada, but wearing a Wisconsin T-shirt... Not as weird as wearing  an Oklahoma T-Shirt and being from Canada, but still.
DON'T PICK ON THE OKIES!   ;)  there are plenty of oklahoma fans in canada.  okay, maybe not, but at least it's possible!  why would ANYBODY be wearing a wisconsin shirt anyway? 

(just trying to insite a riot!)

PS.  i'm with dirtymaggiemae, he came back after being off for 2 years and had gained a little weight.  we all do. 

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 11:19:04 AM »
I lived in Oklahoma for a few years, about 30 years ago.

I wasn't picking on that state. I could have easily said Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, or Arkansas.

Offline AstroJones

• OTHERS 
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 11:26:31 AM »
I don't think we can believe that he's really from Canada.  I take that as just something he said because most people aren't real familiar with Canada.  Someone says, "I'm from Wisconsin" and there's a chance you're gonna get, "really, me too?  Where at?" and all that stuff.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 12:12:52 PM »
I don't think we can believe that he's really from Canada.  I take that as just something he said because most people aren't real familiar with Canada.  Someone says, "I'm from Wisconsin" and there's a chance you're gonna get, "really, me too?  Where at?" and all that stuff.

With all the apparent manipulative devices at the Others' disposal, both mental and physical, I highly doubt they'd worry about not being able to convince someone they've been to Wisconsin lol...

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 12:21:24 PM »
I lived in Oklahoma for a few years, about 30 years ago.

I wasn't picking on that state. I could have easily said Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, or Arkansas.
oh i know, sorry i should have used the joking tabs.  i was just giving you a bit of a hard time (i'm an okie). 

i agree astro, i don't think he's really from canada, i think he said that knowing our losties would not be familiar with it.

Offline solost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 12:49:47 PM »
This proves what TPTB have said about having the whole show planned start to finish. The flash backs had to have been shot in season 1. They only had a limited time to have all the plane parts on the beach for filming. Thats why Ethan looks different, a few years have gone by in real life.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 12:52:46 PM »
This proves what TPTB have said about having the whole show planned start to finish. The flash backs had to have been shot in season 1. They only had a limited time to have all the plane parts on the beach for filming. Thats why Ethan looks different, a few years have gone by in real life.

Which is why we won't be seeing Walt again anytime soon lol :)

Offline AstroJones

• OTHERS 
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2007, 12:57:39 PM »
I'm sure they superimposed parts of the plane crash flashback, but those were newly shot scenes.  Just look at boone's hair when he comes up to Nikki and asks for a Pen.  That's now boone, not season 1 boone.

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 01:03:03 PM »

nah.. cuz nikki wasn't there in season 1.. she said in an interview that she had to watch season 1 and 2 to get caught up..