Author Topic: Timing of Ben, Juliet and Paulo in the Pearl  (Read 5275 times)

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Timing of Ben, Juliet and Paulo in the Pearl
« on: March 29, 2007, 01:22:56 AM »
I believe when Paulo was trying to bury the diamonds on the beach, it said 32 days ago (will have to rewatch though).  He seemed to be in a hurry to do so, so I would assume he goes to the Pearl the next day.

When Juliet asks how they will get Jack, Kate and Sawyer, Ben says  Michael.

At that time, does Ben already have Michael?  Is this the time that they communicate with Michael through the computer?  Trying to get the sequence right in my head.

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Timing of Ben, Juliet and Paulo in the Pearl
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 02:11:41 AM »
its what.. day 81 or 82 now?

so that woulda been day: 50ish

50D OI
11/10/2004    

Michael locks Jack and Locke in the armory and goes after Walt [2x11, 2x22]   

Locke, Sawyer and Jack go after Michael with Kate following behind [2x11]   

Michael is captured by Pickett and Mr. Friendly [2x22]   

Alex asks Michael about Claire and the baby, specifically the gender of the baby [2x22]   

Locke, Sawyer, Jack and Kate have their confrontation with Mr. Friendly, Alex and The Others [2x11]

Offline AstroJones

• OTHERS 
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 03:40:43 AM »
My impression was that they had just captured MIchael probably, or knew he was on his way and that they'd have him soon.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 05:51:51 AM »
My first impression was that as well, but then the plane would've fallen from the tree by then, although I can't remember if they showed the hatch entrance when Paulo was down there the second time.

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 10:26:53 AM »
Ben and Juliet are still wearing their "costumes", which makes me think that this was before the "Light 'em up" scene.  But the plane should have covered up the entrance by then.  I guess the Others went back and did that after Paulo left.

Offline firemanandlostfan

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 10:45:48 AM »
My assumption is that Ben was formulating his plan to get caught in the net and pretend to be Henry Gale at that time.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 11:12:42 AM »
Someone else was smarter than me and posted that they show Jack on the monitor so he must be in the hatch.  So the plane is already on the ground, so they probably already had Michael captured by then.  Ben was probably captured soon after.

Offline AstroJones

• OTHERS 
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 11:22:58 AM »
My impression on rewatching it was that Michael haid just locked up Jack and Locke and set off for the Others.  So he was either just captured or about to be.  The image of Jack on the monitor in the Pearl looked like it could have been just before Jack and the rest of the gang set off to find Michael.  that puts it all happening around day 50.  That would also mean that the plane had already fell, AND that Eko and Charlie found the plane, and burned it (that happened on Day 49).  Which means that the Pearl station hatch was not covered by the plane at the time.  Basically Ben told Juliet to send a few guys back and cover the hatch with the (burnt) plane.

that's my 2 cents.

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 11:25:16 AM »
how do you form all these impressions that = the same **** i already posted. lol weirdos

Offline AstroJones

• OTHERS 
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 11:27:56 AM »
how do you form all these impressions that = the same **** i already posted. lol weirdos
(hey dude, I was backin' you up! ;) )

Offline jayme

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 11:42:40 PM »
(edited)

I see the timeline now
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 11:44:49 PM by jayme »

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 11:51:23 PM »
Ben and Juliet are still wearing their "costumes", which makes me think that this was before the "Light 'em up" scene.  But the plane should have covered up the entrance by then.  I guess the Others went back and did that after Paulo left.

Does anyone know when in this particular timeline it was that Ben was captured?  I didn't notice, but was he wearing the same clothes in the Pearl that he was wearing when he was captured?  Could he have been captured on his way back with Juliet to Otherville?  The only reason I ask is because this is the only time we have really seen Ben away from Otherville besides when he was captured.  It would make a little sense only because then Juliet could have told the rest of the tribe what Ben wanted.  Maybe he set it up on purpose too, as they were trekking home?

Offline chartres

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2007, 01:25:48 AM »
You are off by one day. It is day 49 when Ben, Juliet, and Paulo are in the Pearl station. Here is why:

When Ben shows Juliet the monitor with Jack on it, this is the same scene in "What Kate Did" episode 2-09 where Jack is talking to Kate while he is taking care of Sawyer. This scene occurs at exactly 7:47-48 into "What Kate Did." You see Jack nodding and smiling to Kate with Sawyer laying on the bed behind him. This also takes place before the funeral for Shannon and before Michael gets the first message from Walt on the computer. This suggests that it was not even Walt who was communicating with Michael. Remember, Ben says he gets what he wants by finding out where someone is emotionally invested and then exploits it. Ben exploited Michael by using Walt, he exploited Jack by using both Kate AND Juliet.

Here is where the timeline would go:
49D OI
11/9/2004    Kate sees a horse on the island [2x9]

Paolo climbs down into the Pearl and overhears Ben and Juliet discussing Jack [3x14]

Shannon's funeral [2x9]

Offline KillTheOthers

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 09:03:16 AM »
Incidentally, how is it that Nikki and Paulo, when they find the Pearl, are easily able to open the hatch doors (one to each door), whereas Locke and Eko had to help each other with each door?  Nikki and Paulo are wimps compared to those two!

It is possible that when the Others moved the plane over the hatch, they may have poured water over it to rust it shut (there was a lot of water at the bottom of the hatch tunnel when Locke and Eko entered).  Then again, they're in a rainforest, so that may be stupid.

Offline jinx1474

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2007, 02:41:02 PM »
Someone else was smarter than me and posted that they show Jack on the monitor so he must be in the hatch.  So the plane is already on the ground, so they probably already had Michael captured by then.  Ben was probably captured soon after
Then how did Paulo get out.