Author Topic: Vincent?  (Read 15945 times)

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Vincent?
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2007, 04:50:42 PM »
but this time he is smokey

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2007, 04:45:56 PM »
I think last night's podcast has to make the vincent is smokie crowd reevaluate their positions. Most of the vincent is smokie crowd basis their belief on the urban myth that we missed something very important in the first 5 minutes of the pilot. Many peolpe believed this was the producers showing smokie as vincent licking Jack's face. The producers clearly debunked any of that thought last night. Said that we did not miss any thing. This has to put at least doubts in to the vincent is smokie crowd.

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2007, 03:55:39 AM »
Any dog can notice suttle things like their almost being alive. He was just being a dog imho.
I agree! But there are more strange things about Vincent! For example: He found the keys to the Dharma van, after we saw Hurley's flash about his chiledhood, working on a car, 
Anyway! It doesn't make sense! Smokey can imitate humans (Jemie) why would he use a dog to infiltrate the losties?

Because a dog is a perfect cover to infiltrate.  You let your guard down around animals, mostly because you view them as a non factor.  You may be telling your best friend a secret, would you worry if a Lab was sitting there as you did it?  No, because who is the dog gonna tell? 

In the Koontz book "Watchers" the military developed intelligent dogs to infiltrate the enemy because a dog can wander a military camp and no one would think twice about it.
Exactly, brothah.  I've been saying the same thing since S1E1.  If you remember back in late S1, early S2, Vincent was supposed to have his own Island flashback epi which was later scrapped because that biotch Kristen from E! spoiled it and put it out there...

A Vincent flashie would still be awesome.  Imagine the stuff that dog saw and heard while no one was paying attention.

Nice to see you TH, my dear Juggie and all.

cheers
*Des8

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2007, 04:01:48 AM »
I think last night's podcast has to make the vincent is smokie crowd reevaluate their positions. Most of the vincent is smokie crowd basis their belief on the urban myth that we missed something very important in the first 5 minutes of the pilot. Many peolpe believed this was the producers showing smokie as vincent licking Jack's face. The producers clearly debunked any of that thought last night. Said that we did not miss any thing. This has to put at least doubts in to the vincent is smokie crowd.
Juggie:
not sure I agree with you on this one about Vincent's lack of importance, but agree he's not Smokey.  Here's why:

S1E1 Pilot:  Opening shot:  jack in the bamboo shoots is awakened by Vincent running through the jungle...

cut to:  (I forget which epi, I don't have my notes here) but the first we see Locke awakening in the jungle after the hatch implosion:  First thing he sees?  Desmond, running naked thru the jungle.

Clear correlation, considering both Locke and Jack's exact positions in the bamboo shoots and gratituous camera shots:  perhaps both Vincent AND Desmond are precogs.  Perhaps Vincent was around before something bad was to happen as a warning or to save our Losties, just the same as Desmond has demonstrated in S3.  The restaging of Jack's opening LOST scene in S3 depicting Locke was too similar to deny the possibilities.
I think Vincent like Des can see the future, no matter how dorky that sounds.

woof cheers, and chew on that
*Des8

Offline Wardroy

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2007, 09:25:22 AM »
maybe vincent has a connection with the island like locke, he always seems to be guiding people to the next clue or adventure

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2007, 09:45:57 AM »
Love that Des is back!!

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2007, 12:09:13 PM »
Any dog can notice suttle things like their almost being alive. He was just being a dog imho.
I agree! But there are more strange things about Vincent! For example: He found the keys to the Dharma van, after we saw Hurley's flash about his chiledhood, working on a car, 
Anyway! It doesn't make sense! Smokey can imitate humans (Jemie) why would he use a dog to infiltrate the losties?

Because a dog is a perfect cover to infiltrate.  You let your guard down around animals, mostly because you view them as a non factor.  You may be telling your best friend a secret, would you worry if a Lab was sitting there as you did it?  No, because who is the dog gonna tell? 

In the Koontz book "Watchers" the military developed intelligent dogs to infiltrate the enemy because a dog can wander a military camp and no one would think twice about it.
Exactly, brothah.  I've been saying the same thing since S1E1.  If you remember back in late S1, early S2, Vincent was supposed to have his own Island flashback epi which was later scrapped because that biotch Kristen from E! spoiled it and put it out there...

A Vincent flashie would still be awesome.  Imagine the stuff that dog saw and heard while no one was paying attention.

Nice to see you TH, my dear Juggie and all.

cheers
*Des8

OK this might be just a "random" thought but oh well....
In the Stephen King book "Gerald's game"
He goes into a whole dog flashback and it was really interesting..
Anyway....
I woulddn't mind a Vincent flashback
I bet we could learn a lot

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2007, 01:10:19 PM »
To me a Vincent flashback = jumping the shark

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2007, 01:10:52 PM »
Juggie:
not sure I agree with you on this one about Vincent's lack of importance, but agree he's not Smokey.  Here's why:

S1E1 Pilot:  Opening shot:  jack in the bamboo shoots is awakened by Vincent running through the jungle...

cut to:  (I forget which epi, I don't have my notes here) but the first we see Locke awakening in the jungle after the hatch implosion:  First thing he sees?  Desmond, running naked thru the jungle.

Clear correlation, considering both Locke and Jack's exact positions in the bamboo shoots and gratituous camera shots:  perhaps both Vincent AND Desmond are precogs.  Perhaps Vincent was around before something bad was to happen as a warning or to save our Losties, just the same as Desmond has demonstrated in S3.  The restaging of Jack's opening LOST scene in S3 depicting Locke was too similar to deny the possibilities.

*Des8

Whopee Des is back.In the first season when Walt's step dad show up at Michael's, he tells Michael to take the dog, he says that dog is weird does weird things.

The producers named Vincent the dog of doom, not us fans

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2007, 02:16:16 PM »
how could a vincent flashback be jumping the shark when the nikki paulo one was not?  i would LOVE a vincent flashback just to see the island, losties, others through a dog's perspective.  i think it would be AWESOME.  he gets to be part of everyone's conversations, actions, no one changes what they are saying when he walks up, so essentially it would be like being a fly on the wall.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2007, 02:19:21 PM »
Juggie:

*Des8

Whopee Des is back.In the first season when Walt's step dad show up at Michael's, he tells Michael to take the dog, he says that dog is weird does weird things.

The producers named Vincent the dog of doom, not us fans

SOrry Gj, that is not true. Step dad was not even there when Michael took Walt. Michael told Walt to take the dog, he lied and said Brian said it was ok. Brian (step dad) said those things about Walt

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2007, 02:22:17 PM »
how could a vincent flashback be jumping the shark when the nikki paulo one was not?  i would LOVE a vincent flashback just to see the island, losties, others through a dog's perspective.  i think it would be AWESOME.  he gets to be part of everyone's conversations, actions, no one changes what they are saying when he walks up, so essentially it would be like being a fly on the wall.

agree with niki and palo, tail was up out of the water.
 but problem with him listening into conversations our losties never share information, except in last couple of episodes

I stand corrected by Des 8 about Brian and Vincent

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2007, 02:23:04 PM »
Hey, I corrected you, give me some love here!

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2007, 02:24:47 PM »
Hey, I corrected you, give me some love here!

was hard to tell with all those  quotes , you know I love ya Juggy :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*  i have been corrected by posting pal. :) :) :)