Author Topic: Jack's Dad?  (Read 13209 times)

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Jack's Dad?
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2007, 12:11:47 PM »
The magic box, the two Locke's, Christian dead/Christian alive

I've been observing a different potential theme in past episodes of lost and that is the idea of combining threads of quantum realities.  It may be helpful to read the Unifying Theory on the site.

We all know that the timeline of John Locke (past 10 years) has to be a little tight.  I hear that an additional flashback is coming so that only adds to the compression.

Locke's past seems to represent a dichotomy, with Locke travelling down the road of resentment (locke hates daddy locke) and suppressed anger versus the locke of acceptance, joy, and courage (pot locke, no pun intended). 

Now, by Everett's model, an infinite combination and permutation of realities exist.  Thus, there is a Locke who was never in a wheelchair and there is a Locke who remained helpless and bitter following his accident.

What if the Magic box were a means of combining quantum realities in the healing of individuals....making the Lost whole?  What if the quantum shrub were reversed and various realities had a means of converging.

Would this produce great men?  Would it allow healing (imagine cancer Rose receiving portions of the health of healthy Rose(s)).  Would the explain the apparitions?  Would it explain the precognitions? 

I hope that makes sense.   From a writing standpoint, this would be an unused play on the classic time machine story.  It would reverse and avoid paradoxes classically seen with Back to the Future, Timeline, and the Philadelphia Experiment, etc.

Additionally, what was strange about the man from talahassee was the scene where Kate asks Jack, "did they hurt you?"  Jack LAUGHS and replies no.  Additionally, there is knowledge about the whole deal that he can't explain.  He appears different, more comfortable and almost in league with the others.  (In fact, he is accused of being so by Kate).

Having a child on the island, however, is problematic as it creates a unique situation for the individual that is far separate than other quantum realities.  Maybe this explains the Other's lack of fertility.....

I can go on and on with this.  If boring, much apologies.... 

If you have a question or see a hole, please do tell.

Offline Fallybear

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2007, 01:56:15 PM »

I've been observing a different potential theme in past episodes of lost and that is the idea of combining threads of quantum realities.  It may be helpful to read the Unifying Theory on the site.

We all know that the timeline of John Locke (past 10 years) has to be a little tight.  I hear that an additional flashback is coming so that only adds to the compression.

Locke's past seems to represent a dichotomy, with Locke travelling down the road of resentment (locke hates daddy locke) and suppressed anger versus the locke of acceptance, joy, and courage (pot locke, no pun intended). 

Now, by Everett's model, an infinite combination and permutation of realities exist.  Thus, there is a Locke who was never in a wheelchair and there is a Locke who remained helpless and bitter following his accident.

What if the Magic box were a means of combining quantum realities in the healing of individuals....making the Lost whole?  What if the quantum shrub were reversed and various realities had a means of converging.

Would this produce great men?  Would it allow healing (imagine cancer Rose receiving portions of the health of healthy Rose(s)).  Would the explain the apparitions?  Would it explain the precognitions? 

I hope that makes sense.   From a writing standpoint, this would be an unused play on the classic time machine story.  It would reverse and avoid paradoxes classically seen with Back to the Future, Timeline, and the Philadelphia Experiment, etc.

Additionally, what was strange about the man from talahassee was the scene where Kate asks Jack, "did they hurt you?"  Jack LAUGHS and replies no.  Additionally, there is knowledge about the whole deal that he can't explain.  He appears different, more comfortable and almost in league with the others.  (In fact, he is accused of being so by Kate).

Having a child on the island, however, is problematic as it creates a unique situation for the individual that is far separate than other quantum realities.  Maybe this explains the Other's lack of fertility.....

Good job as usual Puff! I love when you get into this quantum reality stuff. I do agree with your supposition. If I got it right, this would explain why Locke has become an accomplished hunter, tracker, bomb expert,  and sub commander with no apparent training. He would have received these skills when the island healed him and gave him traits of the other "Lockes" in parallel universes.

Offline Fallybear

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2007, 02:02:03 PM »
Good job as usual Puff! I love when you get into this quantum reality stuff. I do agree with your supposition. If I got it right, this would explain why Locke has become an accomplished hunter, tracker, bomb expert,  and sub commander with no apparent training. He would have received these skills when the island healed him and gave him traits of the other "Lockes" in parallel universes.

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2007, 05:25:05 PM »
puff your quantum reality theory is a good one but is still way to hard for the average viewer to grasp and therefore not what a tv show would be about.

Locke knows how to hunt because his dad taught him, while he was conning him for a kidney.  Locke knew how to drive the sub away because before he was a potman he was in the navy. 

The people at the box company jokingly call him colonel Locke or something to that effect.

The magic box was a metaphor and TPTB told us that in there last podcast.  They use box because Locke is familiar with boxes since he worked at a box company.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2007, 06:22:47 PM »
Did anyone ever catch the reference to Office Space in the flashback of Locke at the box company.....Locke, where are those TPS reports?  You said you'd have to me by lunch....

Offline Chefpyro

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2007, 08:53:28 AM »
Lumburhg F%$#% her!!!!!

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2007, 08:59:57 PM »
Ha, I finally got that.  I remember his nightmare about it.  Yeeeaaaaa....weelllllllll....oooohhhhh yaaaaaaaa....

Anyway, I think Christian was given the responsibility of raising a great man and he succeeded.  The only question is whether he is an Other and was he really taking a dirt nap.

Two Christians, Two Lockes, Two Jacks (That's not Jack), Two....... Hopefully no more Nikki's or Palo's.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2007, 09:22:59 PM »
Did anyone ever catch the reference to Office Space in the flashback of Locke at the box company.....Locke, where are those TPS reports?  You said you'd have to me by lunch....
that's an Office Space reference? I thought that was a normal office request....

I hope that makes sense.   From a writing standpoint, this would be an unused play on the classic time machine story.  It would reverse and avoid paradoxes classically seen with Back to the Future, Timeline, and the Philadelphia Experiment, etc.

I think in a podcast last week, TPTB said fans put too much into the show...lol

Offline KateReallyLovesJack

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2007, 09:32:27 PM »
lol
Just look at some of the threads that are started around here!
They're right!

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2007, 10:15:13 PM »
TPTB have no one to blame for that but themselves!!  They have created all of us monsters, lol