Author Topic: Jack's Dad?  (Read 13235 times)

Offline KateReallyLovesJack

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Jack's Dad?
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2007, 01:15:11 PM »
While I don't remember seeing Christian at the crash scene in this ep, I do believe he is still alive. Before this episode I had always though about Romeo and Juliet - she was able to fake her death by drinking something(?). I always assumed this is how they would bring Christian back - but now with these spiders, it almost makes it too easy! Yes, I konw he was in Austrailia but the spiders were kept in a bottle - perfect sense!

Offline versed4every1

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2007, 01:28:40 PM »

In reality, the writers very well may have Christian turn up being alive...but if they do there will be some significant things to overcome to make it all seem plausible (at least to me...perhaps to others they won't need much coaxing to have all the past points coexist with him beign alive). I'm hoping they don't have Christian show up alive, it would definitely be a jumping-the-shark moment for me. People die and then somehow magically turn up still alive on "All My Children"...I want "Lost" to be above soap opera theatrics.

This is similar to the remark made by Director "Howie".  "You don't have to die.  We could bring you back next season; say that you were wearing a bullet proof vest."  When she shows him that would be impossible in her rhinestone bikini, he says "Ok, bullet proof breasts!" 

I think that is their way of telling us that they are not planning to "cheat" to get the results.  I think Christian died in Australia.  However, if they do bring him back they must do it in a way that does not violate the things that we already know.

Offline cutiepugs

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2007, 01:30:16 PM »
While I don't remember seeing Christian at the crash scene in this ep, I do believe he is still alive. Before this episode I had always though about Romeo and Juliet - she was able to fake her death by drinking something(?). I always assumed this is how they would bring Christian back - but now with these spiders, it almost makes it too easy! Yes, I konw he was in Austrailia but the spiders were kept in a bottle - perfect sense!

EIGHT HOURS PEOPLE!  That's all the longer it lasts.  It's just not possible!

And I'm not 100% sure about this, but I'm fairly certain that before they'll let you take a body on a plane, it has to be embalmed first.  Now, I'm not saying Lost hasn't gone beyond the boundaries of reality before, but I'm pretty sure they don't have an answer as to how a dead man with no blood in his body (no matter how slow his heartrate is) and a weird concotion of formaldahyde and such can suddenly wake up on an island.  Call me crazy.  But that's my $.02

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2007, 01:31:57 PM »
I'm just gonna throw this out there:

The ashtray in Christian's hotel room was full of cigarette butts.

Paolo smokes

Nikki's director-bud died from poisoning, but the autopsy results said heart failure.

Christian died of heart failure according to the autopsy report shown to Jack.

Connection???

Well I was actually getting at maybe Paolo killed Christian the same way that he killed Howard.

Christian did not smoke, so cigarette butts in his hotel room means one of two things:

(1) Somebody who did smoke paid him a visit. As far as I know, the only smoker on the show so far is Paolo.... Anybody know of any others? Maybe Bernard with those teeth of his  ;)

(2) Cheap hooker.... He over-exerted himself.  :D

I noted the "Ashes are evidence" line also. Good one.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2007, 01:59:19 PM »

LoL :)...

In reality, the writers very well may have Christian turn up being alive...but if they do there will be some significant things to overcome to make it all seem plausible (at least to me...perhaps to others they won't need much coaxing to have all the past points coexist with him beign alive). I'm hoping they don't have Christian show up alive, it would definitely be a jumping-the-shark moment for me. People die and then somehow magically turn up still alive on "All My Children"...I want "Lost" to be above soap opera theatrics.
Too late.  50 people survived a plane that split apart at around 20,000 feet.  Black Smoke picked up a man and shook him to death.  And Locke's great daddy appeared in a magic box in the jungle (yes, I realize it was a metaphor) and is now supposedly on the island.  So although I believe Christian to be dead, I think him ending up being alive shouldn't be a deal breaker for show.  I mean, just look at the first 3 seasons....FAR stranger things have happened that should put it in a Soap Opera category!  ;)

Those are more sci-fi aspects, though...someone faking their death--especially in the face of all the "facts" showing that they really SHOULD be dead--reeks of soap opera hijinks lol. It's like the "evil twin" that comes to town pretending to be the dead twin...

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2007, 02:00:31 PM »

This is similar to the remark made by Director "Howie".  "You don't have to die.  We could bring you back next season; say that you were wearing a bullet proof vest."  When she shows him that would be impossible in her rhinestone bikini, he says "Ok, bullet proof breasts!" 

I think that is their way of telling us that they are not planning to "cheat" to get the results.  I think Christian died in Australia.  However, if they do bring him back they must do it in a way that does not violate the things that we already know.

Ah, good point. Didn't think about that (the director's remarks and how they could be tied into Christian's "health status" lol)

Offline AstroJones

• OTHERS 
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2007, 02:36:11 PM »
Hey gang, this thread has sort of gotten off topic.  Like someone said, every episode ends up having a Christian is alive thread.  I'm not moving the thread because it started out as being relevant to this specific episode, however if you do not have any comments about seeing Christian in the opening plane crash scene, and you just want to discuss/debate Christian being alive, lets do it in this thread:

http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php/topic,4194.msg216965.html#msg216965

thanks!

Offline airdudei

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2007, 02:40:57 PM »
CP    Christian is alive my friend.

Nikki made a point about the spider's venom that "even a doctor would have a hard time finding a heartbeat."  Maybe Dharma used that venom to make Jack's dad look dead, and help him escape his life.

Damn brilliant! I never thought of that, but yeah, that's how Christian faked the death! I love it. Christian is alive people. She just hit the nail in the coffin.

Hahaha

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2007, 02:46:20 PM »
I don't remember seeing Christian or a man in a suit during the opening crash scene.  Although I am sometimes good at picking up on things, I have to say that the producers, directors, and writers do a great job in making that scene look so chaotic that it is hard to tell what is going on.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2007, 02:47:55 PM »

Paolo smokes

Nikki's director-bud died from poisoning, but the autopsy results said heart failure.

Connection???

Well I was actually getting at maybe Paolo killed Christian the same way that he killed Howard.

Christian did not smoke, so cigarette butts in his hotel room means one of two things:

(1) Somebody who did smoke paid him a visit. As far as I know, the only smoker on the show so far is Paolo.... Anybody know of any others? Maybe Bernard with those teeth of his  ;)

Sawyer smoked

Offline TXFlyboy

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2007, 04:32:14 PM »

Too late.  50 people survived a plane that split apart at around 20,000 feet.  Black Smoke picked up a man and shook him to death.  And Locke's great daddy appeared in a magic box in the jungle (yes, I realize it was a metaphor) and is now supposedly on the island.  So although I believe Christian to be dead, I think him ending up being alive shouldn't be a deal breaker for show.  I mean, just look at the first 3 seasons....FAR stranger things have happened that should put it in a Soap Opera category!  ;)

Here Here !  Being a pilot I have always had an issue with the Soap Opera-ness qualities of the first episode. If a plane were to break apart like that the front section would not continue to fly in semi-level flight.  The wings of a plane are there to create a surface for lift - all vertical directional control for modern aircraft is supplied by the the elevator on the tail.  So in practical reality one the tail was gone the 2 parts were nothing more than large stones crashing to the earth at close to 400mph.  IF you watch the first episode the main part of the plane apprears to continue flying.  Secondly after that crash the engine would not continue to run.  It was separated from the wing and hence it's fuel source.  I find it highly unlikely that if there was enough Jet A to keep the engine running (without a throttle attached to it) then the whole beach should have been engulfed in one big wienie roast.  With all that being said I think we saw what was left of Christian in the refrigerator at the Flame station.  But with these writers who knows.
If I got too serious about all of the errors I notice I'd never enjoy the show.

Offline thlaylirah

• OTHERS 
  • DHARMA Scientist
  • Wicked Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2007, 04:35:37 PM »

Here Here !  Being a pilot I have always had an issue with the Soap Opera-ness qualities of the first episode. If a plane were to break apart like that the front section would not continue to fly in semi-level flight.  The wings of a plane are there to create a surface for lift - all vertical directional control for modern aircraft is supplied by the the elevator on the tail.  So in practical reality one the tail was gone the 2 parts were nothing more than large stones crashing to the earth at close to 400mph.  IF you watch the first episode the main part of the plane apprears to continue flying.  Secondly after that crash the engine would not continue to run.  It was separated from the wing and hence it's fuel source.  I find it highly unlikely that if there was enough Jet A to keep the engine running (without a throttle attached to it) then the whole beach should have been engulfed in one big wienie roast.  With all that being said I think we saw what was left of Christian in the refrigerator at the Flame station.  But with these writers who knows.
If I got too serious about all of the errors I notice I'd never enjoy the show.

Suspension of disbelief.  This is a show about a magical island with polar bears and smoke monsters.  SO if they did take some artistic liscence with the plane break up I can live with it. 
I guess we'll just have to adjust

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2007, 04:40:50 PM »

Paolo smokes

Connection???

Sawyer smoked
Addie beat me to it :)  I'm sure there are other smokers tho...patchy?

Offline thlaylirah

• OTHERS 
  • DHARMA Scientist
  • Wicked Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2007, 04:43:31 PM »
CHRISTIANity
LIVES

Tee hee hee ;D
I guess we'll just have to adjust

Offline Chefpyro

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2007, 06:14:00 PM »
I'm not saying he's alive, I just said that I saw him. It was one of the first shots of Nikki as she walked through the wreckage. Jack "saw" his father in a suit. I saw it. You saw it. We all saw it, and yet we know he's dead. The way I see it, LOST, and this website are about trying to guess what's going to happen next. A script. What kills me is the people that come here, and talk out their ass about what they say they know, and it really doesn't have anything to do with what goes on on Wednesday night. If you wanted to take all of the things that "just couldn't happen" out, then it would be pointless to watch anything on TV. Let's talk about CNN or Fox, (who are supposed to be telling us the truth), but it's sensationalism. they make up more crap that anyone in hollywood, being paid to write FICTION. I say let's all try and have fun with it, instead of criticizing every aspect of the show. Being critical only says "Hey, I'm a critical person" and we don't need any of that now, do we?

<------Pyro[move]