Author Topic: Jack's Dad?  (Read 13226 times)

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Jack's Dad?
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 03:33:29 AM »
CP    Christian is alive my friend.

Nikki made a point about the spider's venom that "even a doctor would have a hard time finding a heartbeat."  Maybe Dharma used that venom to make Jack's dad look dead, and help him escape his life.

That is the exact thing I thought. We were just shown how Christian faked his death!

Yep, Yep  same here.
Here, too!   :)

You do realize that the paralysis only lasts 8 hours, right?  So the cops would have to find him, process the body, figure out who he was when I'm assuming he didn't have any identification.  If he wanted to be found and conspire to bring his son there, you'd think he'd bring his wallet to make sure they'd know who he was.  And then Jack would need to fly to Australia and ID the body.  That's several days.  He's dead.  Acceptance is the final step in the five stages of grief.
The death wouldn't have had to be faked for that long...just long enough to fool Jack...the only one they couldn't pay off.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2007, 06:03:35 AM »
They didn't pay off anyone.  The first episode of this season seemed to indicate the Others were genuinely surprised that the plane had crashed there, but they were quick to act.  And I find it hard to believe that Christian would go along with a plan to actually crash a plane with his son on it and just hope that he ends up alive.  If the plane crash turned out to be staged, then it would sound possible.  I just don't see it fitting in though.  And I'd be extremely disappointed if it's true, especially if he's HIM.  I think HIM will end up being someone from a flashback who was in our face the whole time but we never realized it.  Christian just doesn't fit that, and I think it's because we've seen so much backstory on him.  Everything that has happened to him in each flashback with each character fits, unlike Libby.  I think Penny being HIM would be more plausible.  1) We don't know much about her.  2) We don't know the circumstances of the finale of season 2.  3) What better way to trick someone into discovering HIM by making HIM a HER.  I hope I don't fuel more theories with that BS I just made up.  I officially retire from talking about Christian or the submarine.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2007, 08:49:31 AM »
jack dealt with his dads death better than most of the people here :)

LOL!

Offline Wardroy

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2007, 09:24:07 AM »
christian being alive is as possible as boone and shanon being alive - it isnt - what have we got that gives us any indication he is alive - his body went missing and we saw him wondering about

but look how logical it was when we saw the drug plane with eko's brother in it - at first we cud have thought that yemi was the leader of the others or delivering drugs to the others - what i am saying is you can go create what you want off the little info we get from them but then the xplanations always end up being logical and rationale

so on this theme for example, it is more possible that christians body was dragged off into a cave somewhere and eaten by a polar bear or buried by by one of the others who thought he was one of the dharma workers

please tell me someone agree's!?!?!?!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2007, 09:25:54 AM »
Read my story on the home page posted yesterday about Christian. The chances he is alive are increasing.

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2007, 09:48:42 AM »
I'm just gonna throw this out there:

The ashtray in Christian's hotel room was full of cigarette butts.

Paolo smokes

Nikki's director-bud died from poisoning, but the autopsy results said heart failure.

Christian died of heart failure according to the autopsy report shown to Jack.

Connection???

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2007, 10:21:08 AM »
Dr. Arzt knew about the spiders and what they did to people.
Surely he didn't discover the effects and name it himself if it was an island only species.
I bet that he had seen them before...

That girl that Eko investigated was supposed to be dead. The corenror was going to do an autopsy when she poped up alive.... I think they are showing that death is only death if you are shot or fall from a plane on a cliff or have your head beat in on by a rock or Stick, or thrown around by the monster...

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2007, 10:29:17 AM »
reasons for being alive.

1. The line that Jack says while in his dads hotel room. "Why would he live he wallet."  We dont know what this means yet but it just stands out there like a sore thumb.

2. Eko's flashback when the girl wakes up.

this adds to the story.  Maybe the cig ashes in the Pearl are Christians cigerette ashes.

4.They let Jack take the coffin on the plain when they clearly werent gonna let him because of papers.

5. last night they hinted that the spider poison would make you seems dead that even a doctor wouldnt know the difference.

Juggy help me out thats all i can think of at the moment.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2007, 12:07:08 PM »
The spider-paralyzation scenario doesn't explain how or why Christian is seen wandering the island dressed perfectly in a suit by Jack...and nobody else. How Jack could see Christian standing knee-deep in the ocean--apparently in full view of other people as well--and then suddenly disappear after Jack looks away for a split second. How Christian could literally evaporate right in front of Jack's eyes as he walks away from him in the jungle. And I DO mean evaporate. Spider bites might make you appear to be dead, "even to a doctor", but they don't make you disappear and evaporate at will.

Offline deadpolarbear

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2007, 12:15:55 PM »
I dont think christian is dead... we saw jack confirming his body at the morgue...

One thing i am sceptical about though, is whether Christian's body is on the island or not... because we know jack had trouble getting the right authorisation to check the body on board, and when he found the coffin it was empty...
Is there a chance that he had to leave the body behind, and take an empty coffin with him to catch the plane in team and be in LA in time for the funeral??
just another crazy idea that this show manages to keep throwing out..

Offline thlaylirah

• OTHERS 
  • DHARMA Scientist
  • Wicked Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2007, 12:18:54 PM »
I doubt that they unloaded Jack's dad's body at the airport and loaded an empty coffin on the plane (I have a vision of Christian sitting in a lost and found box at the terminal).  Plus Jack seemed shocked to find an empty coffin. 
I guess we'll just have to adjust

Offline LostbutFound

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2007, 12:30:21 PM »
reasons for being alive.

Maybe the cig ashes in the Pearl are Christians cigerette ashes.

"Cigarette Ashes equal evidence"
-Nikki

Offline Wardroy

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2007, 12:46:15 PM »
oh my god, and still we will find connections to christian being alive!!!

ben was in a wheel chair, just like locke was but now isnt and can walk around like anyone else, just like kate can, kate likes black horses, black is the colour of the the smoke monster which is a black could of smoke, clouds appear over the sea and that is where the plane crashed that was carrying jack

THAT MUST MEAN CHRISTIAN IS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!

C'mon, you need closure guys, mourn christian, its healthy and then lets move on, i will arrange councilling sessions for anyone who is in denial - but Christian is dead!

Of course, i could be painfully eating my words in 2 seasons time, and if so, i will rightly bend over and take it up the jacksy like a man, but i can't see it happening

(please do not take this in an arsey way, this is just my sense of humour, no harshness intended)

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2007, 12:55:57 PM »
oh my god, and still we will find connections to christian being alive!!!

ben was in a wheel chair, just like locke was but now isnt and can walk around like anyone else, just like kate can, kate likes black horses, black is the colour of the the smoke monster which is a black could of smoke, clouds appear over the sea and that is where the plane crashed that was carrying jack

THAT MUST MEAN CHRISTIAN IS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!

C'mon, you need closure guys, mourn christian, its healthy and then lets move on, i will arrange councilling sessions for anyone who is in denial - but Christian is dead!

Of course, i could be painfully eating my words in 2 seasons time, and if so, i will rightly bend over and take it up the jacksy like a man, but i can't see it happening

(please do not take this in an arsey way, this is just my sense of humour, no harshness intended)

LoL :)...

In reality, the writers very well may have Christian turn up being alive...but if they do there will be some significant things to overcome to make it all seem plausible (at least to me...perhaps to others they won't need much coaxing to have all the past points coexist with him beign alive). I'm hoping they don't have Christian show up alive, it would definitely be a jumping-the-shark moment for me. People die and then somehow magically turn up still alive on "All My Children"...I want "Lost" to be above soap opera theatrics.

Offline AstroJones

• OTHERS 
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2007, 01:14:57 PM »

LoL :)...

In reality, the writers very well may have Christian turn up being alive...but if they do there will be some significant things to overcome to make it all seem plausible (at least to me...perhaps to others they won't need much coaxing to have all the past points coexist with him beign alive). I'm hoping they don't have Christian show up alive, it would definitely be a jumping-the-shark moment for me. People die and then somehow magically turn up still alive on "All My Children"...I want "Lost" to be above soap opera theatrics.
Too late.  50 people survived a plane that split apart at around 20,000 feet.  Black Smoke picked up a man and shook him to death.  And Locke's great daddy appeared in a magic box in the jungle (yes, I realize it was a metaphor) and is now supposedly on the island.  So although I believe Christian to be dead, I think him ending up being alive shouldn't be a deal breaker for show.  I mean, just look at the first 3 seasons....FAR stranger things have happened that should put it in a Soap Opera category!  ;)