Author Topic: What do you make of the "Smoke Monster" when Nikki got bit?  (Read 10333 times)

Offline Jordanoth

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: What do you make of the "Smoke Monster" when Nikki got bit?
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2007, 02:04:41 AM »
i think there is a distinct possibility that we may be confusing the smoke monster sounds.. i havent gone back and watche the ep again but.. has anyone considered the possibility that the sound effect you mention here may not be from the smoke monster but a standard sound they use when things are going wrong for them? like the screeching violins in the hitchcock movie psycho.. just a sound technique they pull out to get everyone edgy.. and then again it might be the smoke monster.. but i dont know

Offline Barthel

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: What do you make of the "Smoke Monster" when Nikki got bit?
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2007, 12:35:01 PM »
Hi ya all!

I just watched the part with the spiders again and for me it sounds very much like the sound that is played when Smokie appears. But i might be wrong.
I have a theory as well that Smokie and the spiders are just different forms the island takes to punish injustice or crimes. So Smokie is not a real being but the power of the island punishing Eko for what he has done to his brother and this time it strikes back at Nikki in a different form than Smokie but in the same way she punished Paolo. Also the first time Smokie appears, different images of Eko's falshbacks are "in" Smokie so in a way it also strikes back in the same way.
Maybe that is what Locke has understood about the island and what Ben knows he has understood...

That is just a very wild guess coming from a fan who has not been involved in much theories about Lost yet