Author Topic: Ben's recovery (or lack of)  (Read 1258 times)

Offline DaveDargo

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Ben's recovery (or lack of)
« on: March 26, 2007, 06:34:30 AM »
Locke was asking Ben why he hasn't recovered so quickly or why he even got sick and it got me thinking.  Locke and Rose were healed when they got to the island after being sick/paralysed off the island.  The losties that were killed on the island were killed because of what happened on the island. (shootings mostly)

So is Ben not recovering as quickly because he got sick on the island? Whereas Locke was healed because he was sick off the island? 

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Ben's recovery (or lack of)
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 06:45:12 AM »
Locke was asking Ben why he hasn't recovered so quickly or why he even got sick and it got me thinking.  Locke and Rose were healed when they got to the island after being sick/paralysed off the island.  The losties that were killed on the island were killed because of what happened on the island. (shootings mostly)

So is Ben not recovering as quickly because he got sick on the island? Whereas Locke was healed because he was sick off the island? 
S2E19- Isaac of Uluru explains to Rose "that certain areas in the world that have different energies. It is through channeling this energy, he believes, that he can help people with their sicknesses. He begins to read Roseís aura or essence, but suddenly stops, admitting that he cannot help her. Rose replies that she never expected him to, but Isaac says that it isnít that she cannot be healed, it is that this place is not the right one for her." (-Lostpedia)

I believe that the island IS the right energy source for some, but not all.  The location of Isaac's clinic was not right for Rose, but the island IS.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 01:20:58 PM »
Where has Rose been lately?  Her and Bernard both?

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 03:26:03 PM »
I think Eko told locke they were coming for him next because ben wanted to know about lockes recovery since his first mission had failed and now he has a personal interest. had ben had surgery yet? little hazy on the timeline.

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 07:02:01 PM »
Where has Rose been lately?  Her and Bernard both?

they jumped in the magic box, headed back to 1976 to catch an Elvis show before he passed away, you know because Christian announced on the the islands PA System that "Elvis Has Left The Island"

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 08:27:43 PM »
I figured that when Isaac told her he couldn't help her, it was because her condition was so grave.  If that was the only reason, then maybe the healing going on is more spiritual... Rose and Locke are very spiritual people, however Locke (it seems) became that way because of his healing on the  island.

I do like the idea that Ben wasn't healed because he's always been on the island.  Maybe built up some sort of immunity?

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 08:37:09 PM »

S2E19- Isaac of Uluru explains to Rose "that certain areas in the world that have different energies. It is through channeling this energy, he believes, that he can help people with their sicknesses. He begins to read Roseís aura or essence, but suddenly stops, admitting that he cannot help her. Rose replies that she never expected him to, but Isaac says that it isnít that she cannot be healed, it is that this place is not the right one for her." (-Lostpedia)

I believe that the island IS the right energy source for some, but not all.  The location of Isaac's clinic was not right for Rose, but the island IS.

I saw this episode again not too long ago, and after seeing past that point, feel like that is what he was getting to also.  He was basically telling her that the magnetic port, or whatever it was, that he lived on had healing powers and his was not the right one for her.  We know the island is magnetic, so maybe it is a higher strength and that is what finally helped to heal Rose. 

Offline daisyrain

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 08:47:37 PM »
 But the island is just not the place for Ben to heal, maybe he needs to head to the outback.