Author Topic: Is Locke Living a Double Life?  (Read 3894 times)

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Is Locke Living a Double Life?
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2007, 09:34:39 PM »
Saw a screencap of the patches on Locke's wall. Appear to be special ops. i dont think they make prop errors on too many things that are that obvious. Lockes prop errors could be intentional to show inconsistencies in the losties past.

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2007, 10:36:19 PM »
Very interesting.  I think he has had more in his past than we realize.  I think it is extremely possible that we will find out about some kind of military background with Locke.  Maybe even NavySeals or something.

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2007, 11:33:27 PM »
Which would be why he took the sub, hid it, swam back to the dock, and staged an explosion making the others think he blew up the sub, when in fact he didn't.  This would explain a lot in the story right now.

scrod

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2007, 11:38:18 PM »
All right!  Well I'm trying to rationalize the prop errors! Ha!
Not necessarily errors.  Lots of people who do strategy games also have collections/displays of military memorabilia.  Actually, most guys I know that have been hard-core actual military, it takes a long time of knowing them before you find out.  They don't display it.

Part of that is a knowledge of military equipment through manual, films, etc.  Not saying he wasn't in the military , but signs point to a wannabe.

scrod

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2007, 11:41:44 PM »
Which would be why he took the sub, hid it, swam back to the dock, and staged an explosion making the others think he blew up the sub, when in fact he didn't.  This would explain a lot in the story right now.
Having a lot of trouble with the moving and hiding part of this, not sure there is the time or ability for one person to accomplish this.  One of the reasons I don't believe it was faked.

Offline sydicated

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2007, 11:47:53 PM »
Ladies and Gents,

The patches on the wall are indeed Spec ops unit in the various services. However, anyone else notice the military issue canteen in his apartment?

I think Locke does have a spec ops background. He is WAY beyond typical "orange hat and vest" hunting skills.

enjoy

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2007, 11:51:41 PM »
Having a lot of trouble with the moving and hiding part of this, not sure there is the time or ability for one person to accomplish this.  One of the reasons I don't believe it was faked.

He didn't need to drive it anywhere, he just needed to submerge it.  The explosion was above water-level.

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2007, 01:10:46 PM »
Randy says that he couldnt find evidence of Locke having been in the military before. But if locke were CIA or SEAl there wouldnt be to many public service  records out there. My new Locke theory is that he did have covert military background and was being recruited by Dharma while in Tustin hence the seclusion in a small apartment (LiKe a hatch!??). Watching monitors and pre-packaged food is so DHARMA. LOcke was supposed to become DHARMA until he was paralyzed and they gave up on him. That is why Mikhail knew of his paralysis and he called  Richard Alpert "sir" and he definatley has some concept of the Island's purpose or capabilities. Any Ideas??

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2007, 01:13:37 PM »
It is a very interesting theory. It explains some of the mysteries. I need more story line to support it. But interesting

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2007, 03:23:14 PM »
Me too but thought id throw it out there.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2007, 06:25:01 PM »
everybody on the island is leading a double life.

Offline sissi

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2007, 06:58:29 PM »
I like this idea. Locke does seem like an enigma as far as how he has knowledge of hunting and tracking-strange for a crippled guy who works at a computer. Locke also seemed very controlled with his actions in killing patchy - surely he wanted to shut him up - there had to have been another way to test the fence.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2007, 07:29:55 PM »
I agree with the first post in this series.  The flashbacks occur to two different Lockes.  Read the Unifying theory.  LOCKE IS SCHROEDINGER'S CAT!

Offline sissi

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2007, 07:50:02 PM »
I think Locke we may be watching two Lockes also, the hunter locke and the farmer locke. The problem I have with this is-I don't know how this will all come together and be explained.Puff your theory kind of makes my head spin and  hurt if I think about it too long.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 10:31:04 PM by sissi »

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2007, 07:53:03 PM »
I am curious to see the reaction of the other Losties, except for Rose, when they find out that John was in a wheelchair and how he got there.