Author Topic: Is Ben really Aaron  (Read 3569 times)

Offline thlaylirah

• OTHERS 
  • DHARMA Scientist
  • Wicked Rabbit
    • View Profile
Re: Is Ben really Aaron
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2007, 09:20:06 AM »
I love this thread. 
I guess we'll just have to adjust

Offline General Zod

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2007, 11:47:55 AM »
I watched the show again last night and Ben said that he's not the only one who was born on the island and that the one's that weren't born there want some assurances that they can get off the island.

That was an interesting idea about Jack being Adam and Eve.  Where are the rest of the people going to be found if that's true?   

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2007, 12:37:47 PM »

Offline eelpie62

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2007, 03:21:03 PM »
Time travel and both people are living at the same time for extended periods of time. Don't know if that is possible.

If the writers are going to make up something like time travel they've already thrown the rule book out the window. I don't think Aaron is Ben, but if they're going to have something impossible like time travel they can do anything they want with it.
The BBC program Life On Mars has a character who seems to be simultaneously back in 1973 (where he woke up after being hit by a car in 2006) and in 2006 (where he's in a coma from being hit by a car). In one episode he sees himself as a child walking to a footy match with his father. Granted, that show hasn't fully explained whether the 1973 portion is his 2006 coma dream, but it seems to be both real and a dream.

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2007, 06:11:46 PM »
Ben is not Aaron,  Adam and Eve are the DeGroots,

I think the big thing is here is that since Ben said that he was not the only one born on the island and everyone else need some assurance that they can leave, does this mean that he cant leave, which would also mean that Aaron cant leave.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2007, 10:20:43 PM »
Speaking of Adam and Eve, regardless of who they are, our only real clue is what they had with them.

A white stone and a black stone.

We got a lot of light/dark messages from previous seasons, but how can we tie anyone to Adam and Eve with the stones?

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2007, 10:25:20 PM »
Speaking of Adam and Eve, regardless of who they are, our only real clue is what they had with them.

A white stone and a black stone.

We got a lot of light/dark messages from previous seasons, but how can we tie anyone to Adam and Eve with the stones?
The stones were supposedly on a table in Des & Penney's apartment.  I'll try to dig up a screen cap.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2007, 10:37:23 PM »

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2007, 11:26:42 PM »
Wow!!  How did I miss that being mentioned?  I must be slacking and need to spend more time at SWLS!!  So, what do the stones mean?  Is it a gift of "rights" to the big-boy's club?  Kind of like how the Masons were so secretive, so they created different ways to identify other members without having to ask them.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2007, 03:21:37 AM »
It is a very strong representation of the whole "black/white" theme on the show.

http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Black_and_white

This was interesting from Lostpedia, however.....

Some claim, the black and white stones (seen on Adam and Eve) are on the table in Desmond's flat. ("Flashes Before Your Eyes") However, these "stones" are likely the bottle caps from Desmond's beer bottles rather the rocks Jack finds on "Adam and Eve."

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2007, 05:17:34 AM »

I don't think the DeGroots were old enough to be Adam and Eve...Jack had said they were dead around 40-50 years. I thought the DeGroots were alive in the 70s, though.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2007, 09:48:10 AM »
Well if the "stones" are only bottle caps on Desmond's table, they certainly are placed meticulously...

However, I can't explain why he would have the exact same stones as Adam and Eve

Offline thlaylirah

• OTHERS 
  • DHARMA Scientist
  • Wicked Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2007, 10:15:19 AM »

I don't think the DeGroots were old enough to be Adam and Eve...Jack had said they were dead around 40-50 years. I thought the DeGroots were alive in the 70s, though.

I agree with you WhatThe.  The DeGroots probably aren't old enough to be Adam and Eve.   And it's silly to say that Ben isn't Aaron like it's a fact.  No one has any definitive answers except the writers.
I guess we'll just have to adjust

Offline a_dot_out

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2007, 12:28:20 PM »
Well if the "stones" are only bottle caps on Desmond's table, they certainly are placed meticulously...

However, I can't explain why he would have the exact same stones as Adam and Eve

A closer look:

I agree that the objects seem to have been meticulously placed. I really can not confirm for myself as to what the objects truly are.