Author Topic: IF THE ANOMALY KNOCKED OUT THEIR ABILITY TO FIND THE ISLAND, HOW'D THEY GET DAD?  (Read 2583 times)

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Alternate quantum reality?  Already had him?  He is one of the Others?  He accidently took a trip to Australia and was on the plane?  He was trying to swindle Ben?

Offline nothingbutsky

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
I think they already had him..remember when Locke was told that he "...went to Mexico, then vanished..." or something like that?

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Then the others know the future.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
Puff
As I was watching the epi last night I could not get your theory out of my head.  I was thinking about that when Ben told Locke his life story.  The theory is a bit to complicated for my pea brain but I get the general idea.
Again I have to wonder if the producers would go there since it is so complex.....
I would say if it is not the alternate reality then they already had him.

I also posted somewhere that I think each of them are being given opportunities to face their "demons" so to speak
So Locke will have a chance kill or forgive his dad..what will he do?
Sawyer will have a chance to kill or forgive the real Sawyer (Locke's dad probably) What will he do?
So then I think the quantum alternate reality theory would be really significant...
My brain hurts and I want to know!!

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Debs,

Think about the big box as a means to enter another quantum reality besides the physical reality that got you to the island.  The only way to travel to the latter is the sub. 

The producers have said that there is no "time travel" but chose their words very delicately here citing that time may "move differently" on the island.

I presented the theory with help of the wikipedia info, very complex, but it really is not.  Deja Vu, the unexplained interaction of particles, the miracles of life may be due to the influence of similar quantum realities to our own.  I term this quantum averages, but to the onlooker, it would look like a betrayal of David Hume's constancy principle leading to the unexplained, the bizarre, the unpredictable.....ie the island.

BRBob

Ben said it was the magic box.
Sometimes on Lost you have to take things at face value until you learn more.

I have thought that the Island makes things for the surviors (Dharma food drops, Roger's VW Bus, etc). So I think the Island brought Locke's Dad there.

Offline mexicotime

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
I am wondering if Locke's dad showed up on the island when Desmond turned the key. He may have been on a private plane or his own boat and then when the anomaly happened he may have crashed on the island. From here the Others took him and found out who he was/is.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
I think Cooper was on the island the whole time. He is an other. It is another con.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
I think Cooper was on the island the whole time. He is an other. It is another con.

AGREE AGREE AGREE!!

OR....

THE QUNATUM ALTERNATE REALITY THEORY IS THEN TRUE
( Even though I LOVE this theory I don't think the producers would confuse their viewers with such a hard to wrap your head around type of scenario-or would they?)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 03:03:09 PM by Lostgirl (AKA Debs) »

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile

I agree with my Juggy

Offline sissi

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
i could see where you're right and cooper is an other and it is a con- but what would the con be?

Offline psychoag98

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
I still don't think the box was literally a "magic box".  I think Ben just knew exactly what Locke wanted, and that he had him, and phrased the question uniquely.

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Ben said   "Think of it as a magic box, you know about boxes dont you John."

I think this was just an analogy of some sort.  I think Lockes dad was either already on the island and is an other.  Or, he was on the plain and was one of the people taking from the tailies section of the plain.  This could explain how the bottle of whiskey got on th eisland because he brought it in one of his bags.

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
i definitely dont think he (lockes dad) is an other, reason being, is that he was a con-man for way too long, and i dont think he planned on giving it up, therefore, IMO they would not recruit him

i do like the theory that he "vanished to mexico" with mexico being the island, but this would mean that the other's have some ability to see the future, which would be bad TV since des can do that already lol

i dont think he was brought to the island after them knowing locke was there....but i do think

whatever is taking the form of everyone else (eko's bro, CHRISTIAN, etc etc) is now doing the same thing..............(i'd like to point out that this is a TEMPORARY thought) i'm really on the fence about this right now, and extremely pissed this happened at the end of the show lol

Offline TonteLyne

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
CBW420 - I like your line of thought.
What if that really isn't Locke's DAD but that's who Locke sees when he looked around the door into the room.  Hysterical blindess or something.