Author Topic: Why was Jack playing football with Tom  (Read 1196 times)

Offline Grimstar

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Why was Jack playing football with Tom
« on: March 22, 2007, 12:06:23 PM »
I know jack made a deal with Ben and he was given a free pass off the Island, but after all they have been through I wouldn't think Jack would trust Ben and even if he did, why would he be so happy go luck and decide to play football with Tom.  After all they have been through, even if offered a free ticket home, I still would hate the others and wouldn't play a freakin game of ****ball with them.  There must be something else going on.  Maybe they gave Jack some secrets or brainwash him or something.  After all, he did say "The children are safe".  The Jack I know wouldn't be saying that unless he saw it for himself and found out why they were taken in the first place.  Maybe after a couple of really good explanations, I might play some football too.

Offline lostatsea

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Why was Jack playing football with Tom
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 12:17:57 PM »
Maybe rich man Widmore is offering the "test" subjects major $$$ when they get back state side to keep their mouths shut and not talk to the press... Offering a better way of life once they get back.

Offline char1

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 12:24:33 PM »
I think Jack has come to some level of understanding what the Others are doing and he has come to accept it.  The bitternesss between Jack with Juliette and Tom is gone. 

Offline HanginWithMrEko

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 12:27:20 PM »
I know jack made a deal with Ben and he was given a free pass off the Island, but after all they have been through I wouldn't think Jack would trust Ben and even if he did, why would he be so happy go luck and decide to play football with Tom.  After all they have been through, even if offered a free ticket home, I still would hate the others and wouldn't play a freakin game of ****ball with them.  There must be something else going on.  Maybe they gave Jack some secrets or brainwash him or something.  After all, he did say "The children are safe".  The Jack I know wouldn't be saying that unless he saw it for himself and found out why they were taken in the first place.  Maybe after a couple of really good explanations, I might play some football too.

Jack's life and ability to get off the island is in thier hands... I am sure he is just playing coy to get what he wants...

remember, when he is leaving, he asks to let his friends go, and he also whispered in Kate's ear that he would be back for them... I dont think he was going to leave anyone behind, but he also wanted off the island...

Jack told Kate to stay because he had another plan... partially for being noble, and partially be selfish