Author Topic: Does Otherville know about The Flame and Bea?  (Read 5488 times)

Offline Psych0666

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Does Otherville know about The Flame and Bea?
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 04:26:58 PM »
How do we know they really lost commutations with the outside world? They could be lying to Locke and the others for some reason.

Thats a good point but you reckon the computer lied after Locke got past the chess game? I mean they may have been able to re-program it to say what they wanted to but can Ben do that himself or did he have to get someone else to do it for him, and if he got someone else to do it for him what excuse did he use, or were they a confidente (sp?), mind you doesn't seem like Ben needs anyone to lay down his crazy thoughts to, so he stays sane being the almighty powerful one... we just don't know...

Offline KateReallyLovesJack

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 05:03:01 PM »
Ok, I like the idea of underground tunnels but I think that they really did lose communications on that day which Ben is quite happy about. He probably has his 'ideal team' now and doesn't want to lose any more. I'd pick Jack as a surgeon any day over Ethan!
I think for sure that Ben knows about Bea and i also don't think that she's dead. Shot in the head - ya. Shot in the chest - bullet proof vest anyone?
I can't figure out though if all the Others in Otherville (who's in whoville?) know about the Flame. Perhaps this is just common knowledge?

Offline Gar O Mac

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2007, 03:52:51 AM »
How do we know they really lost commutations with the outside world? They could be lying to Locke and the others for some reason.

Thats a good point but you reckon the computer lied after Locke got past the chess game? I mean they may have been able to re-program it to say what they wanted to but can Ben do that himself or did he have to get someone else to do it for him, and if he got someone else to do it for him what excuse did he use, or were they a confidente (sp?), mind you doesn't seem like Ben needs anyone to lay down his crazy thoughts to, so he stays sane being the almighty powerful one... we just don't know...

Oh I don't think the computer was lying at all. I'm sure the Dharma people lost communications at some point. You have to remember that computer has been there a long time. But I bet that Ben and his people still have plenty of their own equipment.

Offline Psych0666

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2007, 07:53:04 PM »

Oh I don't think the computer was lying at all. I'm sure the Dharma people lost communications at some point. You have to remember that computer has been there a long time. But I bet that Ben and his people still have plenty of their own equipment.

Hmmmm... more than likely true I guess......

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2007, 11:01:55 PM »
i think they are lying.  i think they can still communicate, or at least, ben can still communicate.  i think he might be lying to "his people" also, so everyone believes that there is no way of communication.
Think the comm is not centered at the Flame. They use the cams without the central in the Pearl, so communications could be dealt from Barracks too.
ALTHOUGH I'm inclined to believe they really lost it because is Big Gay Tom who brings the information to Ben, and not Ben who informs the Others.