Author Topic: Danielle and the sub  (Read 3555 times)

Offline tweedle

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Danielle and the sub
« on: March 22, 2007, 10:08:56 AM »
Did anyone find it interesting that Danielle was already at the sub when Locke and Alex went there to blow it up.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
Re: Danielle and the sub
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 10:21:57 AM »
I find it interesting that Danielle seems to just go off on her own and nobody wonders where she went or even asks her where she is going...like she is invisible.
Yeah and so did she already know about the sub? 

Offline gjohnson

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 11:46:39 AM »
Forget about Polar Bears... there's a herd of elephants on the island no-one is talking about. Danielle just wanders off like she's invisible. Weird stuff happens that the losties never discuss. They just accept the weirdest stuff.

Offline lostatsea

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 12:24:54 PM »
maybe they are trying to brainwash us into not asking the important questions. Maybe we should be more like the losties and not ask so many questions.

j/k ;)

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 12:30:51 PM »
maybe they are trying to brainwash us into not asking the important questions. Maybe we should be more like the losties and not ask so many questions.

j/k ;)

Hehe true though!! :D

Offline nothingbutsky

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 12:36:53 PM »
OK, Danielle is an expert at moving in the jungle by now, she slipped away from Locke-Kaye-Sayid when she sensed danger and/or confusion outside Otherville (as she did at the Flame) and simply watched from safety then followed Locke.

And Locke-Kate-Sawyer did notice and quickly discussed it but couldn't exactly call out for her.

Offline Zenobia

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 12:59:25 PM »
The real question might be - how could she be on the island for 16 years and never come across the Flame Station or Otherville before????

BRBob

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 01:31:15 PM »
Of all the people on the Island, I've wanted to see her backstory more than any other.
Forget Ben, what has Rousseau seen. What is she?

So far only Ben has admitted that she is there. I don't think Patchy even reacted to her.

Offline msdoran

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 01:36:39 PM »
I think the more important question to ask though is, now that Danielle has seen Alex, what is she going to do? Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, and I can think of no worse scorning then depriving a mother of watching her only daughter grow up.

She is smart as well. She has time, she only needs to develop her plan.

Danielle is in the compound, armed, and seemingly has the reconnaisance skills of a Ninja. She is a deadly opponent to the others and has slipped right in their back door.

I smell third season conclusion!!! Totaly anarchy in Otherville.

Offline HanginWithMrEko

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 01:56:53 PM »
I dont think Danielle knew where the sub was, but think she was following locke once he took alex with him... I think that's her focus and could care less about a sub.

Offline SloHand

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 03:15:37 PM »
Does anyone else think that this (Danielle being at the dock just before Locke heads down to the sub) ties in nicely to the theory that Locke has somehow faked the sub being blown up? He might have gotten some help from Danielle? 

Offline userh6478

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 09:22:27 PM »
I personally think That Danielle is part of the Others. I don't believe her entire story, she might be just like Ben and have been lying the entire time, How has she lived there for 16 years and never ran into the others, anything else that the losties have encountered. I don't know doesn't make sense to me.

mindsparkle

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2007, 11:09:13 PM »
Did Ben acknowledge Danielle in a previous episode?  I've forgotten and would like to know... I keep sensing that she is invisible to most people and I don't know what that means... she's smokie, she's dead, she's a figment of Sayid's imagination and now all of the losties, she's an outcast other or the last surviving Dharma person and couldn't escape because she was pregnant... no idea...

Offline southpaw

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2007, 12:05:07 AM »
Did Ben acknowledge Danielle in a previous episode?

Yes, in "One of Them" when she caught Ben in the net he called her crazy.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2007, 12:55:56 AM »
If she was the last surviving member of Dharma, she should know about the existance of a sub, given she knew how the purge folk came to the island.  I've been thinking maybe she made a deal with them, say... spare her life take the baby?  She did think that she would be able to trade (another?) child, Aaron, to get her daughter.  One hell of a barter system.