Author Topic: Any Dharma Logo's on the Sub?  (Read 2038 times)

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Any Dharma Logo's on the Sub?
« on: March 22, 2007, 01:21:00 AM »
I didn't see any.

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Any Dharma Logo's on the Sub?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 02:43:32 AM »
double checked and didn't see anything. The only Dharma thing not plastered with Dharma stickers. Make sure you tattoo sharks, but the sub doesn't need a logo.

Offline lostatsea

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 02:45:22 AM »
well the sub is the only thing that sees the other side of civilization, it can not be identified as a Dharma machine.

Even the magic bus had a logo on it

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 07:03:58 AM »
Just wanted to post this about the sub, Jack and Juliet leaving...so if the sonar was not functional,and it probably needed a small crew to work the sub, would it be safe to say, who ever was piloting the sub would be screwed on coming back to the island?

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 10:38:00 AM »
Just wanted to post this about the sub, Jack and Juliet leaving...so if the sonar was not functional,and it probably needed a small crew to work the sub, would it be safe to say, who ever was piloting the sub would be screwed on coming back to the island?
pretty much, yep, you're right.  but i'm wondering if it's just jack and juliet.  maybe juliet knows how to work it. 

Offline TXFlyboy

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 11:32:05 AM »
pretty much, yep, you're right.  but I'm wondering if it's just jack and Juliet.  maybe Juliet knows how to work it. 

If Juliet knew hot to work the sub then why didn't she leave before now?  She told Jack to the day how long she had been there and that because she made a deal with Ben he would let her go.  Ben seems to be (or thinks he is) in control of everything dealing with Island life and seems to exercise a great deal of control over it's inhabitants.

Offline Schmoe

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 01:01:07 PM »
Maybe the sub wasn't in Dharma's standard equipment list.  It may have been Ben's all along and never from Dharma.

It was not a large sub.  It should have been fairly intuitive to operate right?  How hard can it be to drive a sub?

(I am just kidding.  I don't want to offend any of you sub drivers out there.)

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 03:46:33 PM »
Maybe the sub wasn't in Dharma's standard equipment list.  It may have been Ben's all along and never from Dharma.

It was not a large sub.  It should have been fairly intuitive to operate right?  How hard can it be to drive a sub?

(I am just kidding.  I don't want to offend any of you sub drivers out there.)
They are in possession of a sailboat that doesn't have a Dharma logo. :)

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 04:05:00 PM »
it can not be identified as a Dharma machine

I think this is the most likely explanation.

I also believe that whoever runs the show in the outside world would have a way of navigating to the island without using sonar.  Navigate to these coordinates beyond the perimeter of the island's effects, turn to this bearing, travel at XX knots for Y amount of time and ignore all compass readings.

I don't think the island actually repels non-metallic vehicles.  Surely it just confuses instruments.

Then again, a sailboat was attracted, then kept within the perimeter, and a hot-air baloon was brought down.

Nevermind.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2007, 01:44:51 AM »
pretty much, yep, you're right.  but I'm wondering if it's just jack and Juliet.  maybe Juliet knows how to work it. 

If Juliet knew hot to work the sub then why didn't she leave before now?  She told Jack to the day how long she had been there and that because she made a deal with Ben he would let her go.  Ben seems to be (or thinks he is) in control of everything dealing with Island life and seems to exercise a great deal of control over it's inhabitants.
she didn't leave because even though she wanted to go, a part of her wanted to stay.  she cared (and still cares) for ben.  she has/had a relationship with him, aside from just boss/worker.  she is emotional around him.  she wanted to leave, and even if she could have stolen the sub, and navigated it by herself  (although possible, not very plausable), she would have had to leave someone she cares about to go where?  alone.  at least now she has jack.  she can go away on her voyage with someone else.  someone else who shares a goal with her.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 12:24:47 AM »
The sub probably isn't from Dharma if indeed the hostiles came in on it.