Author Topic: The children are "Safe"  (Read 1630 times)

Offline Fallybear

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
The children are "Safe"
« on: March 22, 2007, 09:49:19 AM »
Jack tells Kate in the billiards room that the children are "safe". This term safe has been used several times by the others when the question comes up on the status of the missing children. They never say "they're fine and in school" or "out flying kites" or just plain "happy"..... it's always "safe".

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: The children are "Safe"
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 09:52:33 AM »
Jack really sounded like an other when he said the are "safe". Even Kate asked what that means. Still did not see them running around when they were watching othersville.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 10:24:37 AM »
Good point Juggy.  All the adults were "playing" but where are the children?
When Jack said "they are safe" I thought to myself why do they all say that?  Maybe because that is ALL they are SAFE.  Maybe they are not happy etc...but safe.  Or maybe they are SAFE from "something" that we don't know about....ARG!!!! I want more info

Offline thlaylirah

• OTHERS 
  • DHARMA Scientist
  • Wicked Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 10:26:07 AM »
It was mid-day when we saw Jack playing.  It is possible that the kids were simply in school
I guess we'll just have to adjust

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 10:30:57 AM »
and it was 4:00 AM when the whole locke/sayid/kate fiasco took place (clock on ben's wall), so i'm assuming they were ASLEEP.

BRBob

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 11:28:03 AM »
I think the children are kept somewhere else.
Safe on that Island is a relative term.

I think the children have medical care and are fed healthy meals, and have a roof over there heads. That is safe to me on that island.

Offline jduche

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 11:31:00 AM »
The Others think the plane-folks are "bad". Perhaps "safe" just means they think the kids are now with better people (themselves).  ???

I'm still looking through the forum so this may already be addressed somewhere, but since the kids don't come with parents, I'll bet they get "adopted" into Others' families. Thats probably how Ben became Alex's father. Lame idea?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 11:33:02 AM by jduche »

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 12:47:57 AM »
Note that Sayid is being held on a swing set.  This would imply that Dharma, who set up the barracks, were intending to have multiple generations on the island.  But I thought that Juliette was brought to (possibly) put the fertileback in infertile for the Others. It seems they have a baby-making problem, or just a fascination...  Now maybe the swing set is used for the children if the tailies.  Oh, and it makes for a pretty solid holding cell...apparently...

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 05:25:51 AM »
I think Jack meant the children were being held in a safe...