Author Topic: Of Whom Was The Portrait in Ben's Apt?  (Read 5224 times)

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
Re: Of Whom Was The Portrait in Ben's Apt?
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2007, 12:43:55 PM »
The portrait is Karen DeGroot

There is almost no mistaking it!!

The pic is paying tribute to the "Eve" of the island, in my opinion.

GOOD FOR YOU NANCY DREW!!
GOOD FIND!!

Offline somewhatlost

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2007, 02:31:51 PM »
I have a better screen cap of this picure in question and the lady is holding a hamster or rodent of some kind.  i am not sure who it is, but its very odd for her to be holding a rodent. don't ya think??

here is the link:
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/lost.3.13.easter.egg.05.jpg

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2007, 03:15:43 PM »
Good call Nancy Drew.  What're you...some kind of detective or something?

I think the images are a close match based on the chubby cheeks of the Degroots still, the woman in the painting, and the hamster.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2007, 03:48:48 PM »
I have a better screen cap of this picure in question and the lady is holding a hamster or rodent of some kind.  i am not sure who it is, but its very odd for her to be holding a rodent. don't ya think??

here is the link:

OMG!!!! IT'S BOO!!!! So they Really have Giant Space Hamsters on the basement, running wheels!!!
And Minsc takes care of them.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 04:44:16 PM by Ensign Expendable »

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2007, 05:18:24 PM »

here is the link:

Could it be a squirrel?
That is ODD!!!

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2007, 08:09:22 AM »

here is the link:

Could it be a squirrel?
That is ODD!!!

No that's a HAMSTER. Strange that it looks like the twin brother of a giant Space Hamster, from Baldur's Gate, in the same episode Ben mentions Giant Hamsters providing energy just like the Tinker Gnomes of Spelljammer do. Someone in the production is a Huge fan of CRPGs. To make a prop/dialog  joke...

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2007, 10:30:11 AM »
Baldur's Gate references are worth extra points!

Now find a Neverwinter Nights reference ???  ;D

Offline xrayeck

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2007, 10:37:16 AM »
Nancy Drew, who is a woman after my own heart ;D, also pointed out something a little earlier (and it's pure speculation at this point) that I've been thinking about for the last few weeks and that I believe will come to fruition. That being that "Linus" is possibly Ben's middle name with his last name being.... DeGroot? Hanso? Something else?

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2007, 02:36:17 PM »
Nancy Drew, who is a woman after my own heart ;D, also pointed out something a little earlier (and it's pure speculation at this point) that I've been thinking about for the last few weeks and that I believe will come to fruition. That being that "Linus" is possibly Ben's middle name with his last name being.... DeGroot? Hanso? Something else?

You are so sweet, but remember Nancy Drew puts her work first!!  I know a lot of people are saying that the DeGroot's are too young to be Ben's parents, and biologically, I agree.  But I just can't get it out of my head about the aging problem that Juliet was brought in to help with (i.e. the uterus images that looked 70? but were only 20 something).  Ben could be a test-tube tot, a pitre dish pup, a beaker baby.....you never know.  Just because he was born on the island doesn't mean he had a mother who gave birth to him.