Author Topic: Is that really Locke's dad we saw? (sort of a wacky theory)  (Read 3256 times)

Offline surfmadpig

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Is that really Locke's dad we saw? (sort of a wacky theory)
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 05:05:27 PM »
Whenever I hear all of these theories about the smoke monster taking the shape of whatever the person is thinking, it reminds me of the boggart from the Harry Potter books.  I don't know, just a thought.

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Boggart

that's funny, i'm watching harry potter 3 on the telly right now - the scene with the Boggart just ended, and I was thinking about something similar to what you say..

Offline deadpolarbear

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2007, 07:02:47 PM »
OT
? Kate never saw the agent... ? Rose never saw Bernard...
are you just making assumptions here...

Offline lost_soul12

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2007, 08:51:48 PM »
kate only saw the black horse the same one that was in her flashbacks...rose never saw anything ...jack saw his dad the same day they crashed... hurly saw his phyco cool friend that jump off the cliff... ecko saw yemi...shannon saw walt.... and that all i could remember i think it has to be his real dad because then ben would have to start telling him how the heck he got there wich would give up one of the islands secrets... or maybe he will just explain that this is the kind of power that the island has

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2007, 10:37:39 PM »
My understanding of the smoke, if it is 'cerberus' than it seems to have malfunctioned?  I would assume that the Others are wary of in, in that case and would not invite it in through the front door just to play an  prank on Locke.

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2007, 11:04:48 PM »
I think it is definately Locke's dad that we saw in that room.  How they got him??  Well I am sure we will see that right after they let us know he is the real Sawyer.  Then they will let Locke and Sawyer fight to the death to see who gets to kill him.  It will start a chain reaction that will end the show in six, maybe seven years from now. ;D ;D ;D

J/K  But I do believe it is really him.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2007, 12:02:31 AM »
If you look at the scene of Locke looking in the room, you will notice that Locke looks in the direction of his father for a moment and then his expression changes.  It's as if the apparition develops and then Locke identifies his father.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2007, 12:09:31 AM »
He looks around the room first, to the right and left, and above him.  After a few glances he looks straight ahead at dad.  I agree there is a lapse in his reaction time, but it is pretty unbelievable to have your missing father pop up on an island bound to a chair, so it could take a few moments for him to register the situation.  I'm sure hundreds of thoughts where running through his head, and emotions to.  "Am I happy about this reunion?  Scared?  Angry?"  pick an expression

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2007, 08:04:22 AM »
I'm thinking maybe it's the smoke monster too.  If Kate's horse was the smoke monster, then it's been proven that other people can see its manifestations and that it isn't just imagined or only seen by certain people.  Maybe the Others have just found a way to control it or they've always been controlling it, or they've found a way to create something similar that works like the smoke monster but is maybe less sophisticated or something since the smoke monster seems sentient so far.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2007, 11:38:35 AM »
I have a hard time believing that the others control smokie. Mostly because, when Jack sees Christian, he leads him right to the edge of a cliff. If the others were controlling it, why would they want to kill Jack?  Ben knew about his tumor before the crash and would want Jack alive.

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2007, 04:00:57 PM »
I agree.  Smokie seems like it would be unstable.  Why would the others put a vicious thing right in the middle of their living area?  I think it is really Locke's dad.  I bet he conned the "wrong" person and was sent there.  That may have been the last trip the submarine made to the island.