Author Topic: Magic Box  (Read 21479 times)

Offline sissi

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Box
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2007, 03:19:10 PM »
Thanks Lostgirl. I have tried to read some of these - I just can't seem to keep up. I guess I read slower then people post.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2007, 04:43:42 PM »
The island has the effect of blurring time, reality, magnetism, location, and etc.

I think that Ben is facinated by Locke.

There obviously must be some mechanism on the island to manipulates it's effects.  Ben seeks to learn how Locke has done it without use of the Other's techniques.

That is why the Other's were studying Walt, why Ben wants to learn from Locke.....

Offline psychoag98

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2007, 06:21:22 PM »
Didn't Ben say "imagine" a box.  He did not say there was a box.  He was just putting it into terms that John would understand.

I can't wait for the scientific explaination of this.

That's what I thought.  It was a metaphor.  If he would have actually asked Locke what would be in this imaginary magic box, Locke would have assuredly answered "my father".  Ben knew this, and actually did have his father in a box.  The box/cell didn't PRODUCE or TIME/SPACE WARP his father, Ben was just phrasing his question metaphorically.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2007, 06:37:24 PM »
Realize the the producers have stated that there would be no time travel on the show.  That is why the Unifying Theory blah blah blah that I pieced together was based upon the Hugh Everett premise of "many worlds" underlying the wierdness in quantum mechanics.  It's on both the theory threads....and doesn't rely upon time travel.  In fact, the only stipulation under the theory is that you can't be someone who has a strong motivation to go back and change the past that got you to the island.  This would alter the lives of the Others in their quantum thread/bubble and that must be forbidden.

Offline psychoag98

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2007, 06:46:46 PM »
Did anyone else have Justin Timberlake spring to mind when they saw Locke's dad?

Hey!  It's a d*ck in a box!

Offline Chefpyro

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2007, 07:00:05 PM »
Try to keep an open mind about this one. A box, and anything in your head pops out. Kate saw a horse from her past. Jack saw his father. Sayid saw a cat from his past. Walt saw a polar bear ( well,everyone saw the bear, but it was from a comic book that belonged to Hurley ). Hurley saw Dave ( but nobody else did ). Shannon saw Walt after his abduction ( but nobody else did ). Countless others. Maybe, just maybe, there  is a magic box. Or a portal or gateway to let your past be seen, even if only by one person.
<------Pyro[move]

Offline Psych0666

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2007, 09:30:31 PM »
Try to keep an open mind about this one. A box, and anything in your head pops out. Kate saw a horse from her past. Jack saw his father. Sayid saw a cat from his past. Walt saw a polar bear ( well,everyone saw the bear, but it was from a comic book that belonged to Hurley ). Hurley saw Dave ( but nobody else did ). Shannon saw Walt after his abduction ( but nobody else did ). Countless others. Maybe, just maybe, there  is a magic box. Or a portal or gateway to let your past be seen, even if only by one person.
<------Pyro[move]
Just a quick wee thought, didn't Shannon see Walt twice, once by herself and once with Sayid just before Ana Lucia shot her?

scrod

« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2007, 09:51:23 PM »
Try to keep an open mind about this one. A box, and anything in your head pops out. Kate saw a horse from her past. Jack saw his father. Sayid saw a cat from his past. Walt saw a polar bear ( well,everyone saw the bear, but it was from a comic book that belonged to Hurley ). Hurley saw Dave ( but nobody else did ). Shannon saw Walt after his abduction ( but nobody else did ). Countless others. Maybe, just maybe, there  is a magic box. Or a portal or gateway to let your past be seen, even if only by one person.
<------Pyro[move]
Just a quick wee thought, didn't Shannon see Walt twice, once by herself and once with Sayid just before Ana Lucia shot her?
Yes.

Offline Psych0666

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2007, 09:56:30 PM »
<------Pyro[move]
Yes.

Thought so. Chers :)

Offline Chefpyro

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2007, 10:26:17 PM »
Sayid didn't see Walt.

scrod

« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2007, 10:42:09 PM »
Sayid didn't see Walt.
From the Sledgeweb timeline:
Shannon and Sayid see Walt [2x6]
Sayid tells Kate that he saw Walt [2x9]

EDIT: no problem psycho, you had a remarkable recollection of the events.  I just kinda thought that's what happened, so I looked it up.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 11:00:00 PM by Scrod »

Offline Psych0666

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2007, 10:44:03 PM »
Sayid didn't see Walt.

Are you sure cos I'm pretty sure I remember  Shannon saying something like 'Do you see that/him' whatever and I'm pretty sure I remember Sayid mentioning it in a later episode, thats why I thought he'd seen him, which got me thinkin that smokie doesn't just appear to one person at a time all the time if you know what I mean, dammit I'll have to check that now, or can someone else check it cos I dont have season 2 anymore, it was season 2 wasn't it that that happened, wait ye had to have been, Shannon didn't die till 2 and thats when she saw him, in fact it's just the bit before she got shot cos it was raining and she fell or something then Sayid went to help her up and I'm sure I remember them both seeing it and some kind of question answer thing before she ran off and got herself shot..... ahhh I rambled sorry. I may be wrong about this but I don't think I am. Any way enough from me.... stop typing dammit lol

Edit - Cheers Scrod for clearing that up like :D typed so long you said that before my rambling thoughts had finished themselves off :D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 10:45:39 PM by Psych0666 »

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2007, 11:10:20 PM »
Right before Shannon was shot, Sayid told her he saw Walt.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2007, 01:01:56 AM »
Do you think Jack could view his dad's body and not notice he was alive? He is a Doctor for crying out loud! Jack should be able to id a dead body, especially his Dad's dead body.

We've beat this dead horse for about a while. I agree with your statement, but a doctor said that the girl drowned and was dead. Eko went to investigate the miracle. He felt there was no miracle that the doctor was mistaken. If Locke can be healed, maybe a newly dead Christian can be healed. Who knows.

If there really is a magic box, we don't know the limits of it. I think that Ben never tells the whole truth. I don't trust him. Magic box or Magic Submarine that can grab Locke's father?

Then no one on the island would die... and everyone who have already died on the island would be alive.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2007, 01:10:45 AM »
Okay, after reading more posts I have to also say this about Christian being alive:

They would have already done an autopsy on Christian's body so even if he did look dead but was not really dead, he's dead now because they've cut him open to determine the cause of death.  Unless you don't think they'd do an autopsy on the mysterious death of a foreigner who is an upper class U.S. citizen.  Or they would have at least cut into his body, and seen that he was bleeding.  So he's dead, unless you want to believe he has a clone or a twin or that the coroner was an accomplice.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 05:05:03 AM by Maxor127 »