Author Topic: Magic Box  (Read 18478 times)

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT IS THE MAGIC BOX?
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2007, 01:33:39 AM »
I read your theory and it is well thought out but it is a hard one to believe since it is so hard to understand and the main things that have happened have turned out to be very simple.  Making your theory kind of unlikely

Offline Zenobia

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2007, 01:40:02 AM »
Yeah -  this one is a bit too hard to understand

...but anything is possible on Lost!!

Offline General Zod

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Box
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2007, 01:42:47 AM »

I really wanna know why you think it would be stupid for him to be alive.  It would prove a major theory of how everyone on the plain was planned to be there for a reason.  there is a "big picture" so to speak.

Maybe.....after reading the threads..there are some good theories.  But like I said, they better have a good solution, and if faking his death is the solution, then so be it.  I'm just going off of seeing Jack identify his father's body.  Time will tell....that is why we love watching this show.  I don't mean to offend anybody.

Offline Cardacct

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2007, 01:46:46 AM »
I think it would be stupid if Jack's dad were alive, too.

But I think it's sort of stupid that Locke's dad showed up.  They'd better do a good job of explaining this one!

Offline General Zod

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2007, 01:47:24 AM »
But we still don't know how The Others know everything about the losties.  How they got their info...I mean Ben knew everything about Locke...did he get the info from his Dad? 

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2007, 01:47:31 AM »
no offense taken, everyone is entitled to there own opinion.  You have to remember that jack was not looking at his dad through a Doctors eyes, he was looking at his dad as a son.

The line about the wallet

The story about the girl waking up when she was about to have an obtopsy

The way he is such a big part in Jacks flashbacks.

Is seen talking to Sawyer(James Ford),  Talks to Ana Lucia, and is Claires father as well he is connected in such a big way that he cant be dead.

Just some things that hint to him being alive

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2007, 01:47:59 AM »
Everything happens for a reason.

Offline hefalumps

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2007, 01:55:27 AM »
It's hard to say exactly how they got their info, but if Ethan got his hands on that crew manifest, he easily could've reported back everyone's names to the Flame station. Mikhail starts communicating with their parent organization in the outside world, who may be able to dig this kind of information up, and that's how they know so much about Jack, Locke, and everyone else. How else could they determine who "the good ones" are? Mikhail seemed to know everyone's history when he made his comments before his demise in Par Avion - probably because their dossiers passed through his station. Just a theory.

Offline lostatsea

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2007, 02:22:47 AM »
Do you think Jack could view his dad's body and not notice he was alive? He is a Doctor for crying out loud! Jack should be able to id a dead body, especially his Dad's dead body.

Offline DaddyBeast

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2007, 02:45:31 AM »
Or, Ben made up the idea of the magic box a long time ago and was planning to use it to con Locke...
Ben already knows that Locke would want to see his father brought to justice somehow, and if Ben convinces Locke to ask the box for his father, Ben shows that the box works.
(The Box Works - isn't that John's previous place of employment?)

Offline lost_soul12

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
What is the magic box>????
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2007, 03:37:43 AM »
we all heard ben tell locke about a magic box where anything can come out of it. is this box a portole or a gatway ? was that room where lockes dad was kept the magic box. can some one give me answers im loseing my mind aaaaawwwwww im about to go to abc head quarters and steal and watch the rest of the episodes just to get it over with lol

Offline lost_soul12

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: What is the magic box>????
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2007, 03:39:13 AM »
sorry i didnt see the other topic that said the same thing my bad guys

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2007, 03:41:45 AM »
I don't think the line about the wallet means anything except maybe to uncover how his dad really died in a later episode or it could've just been a throwaway line just to show Jack's distress.  He's a big part in flashbacks but so are a lot of characters.  For him to be alive and the mastermind behind the whole thing and fake his own death would be a jump the shark moment.

BRBob

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2007, 03:43:55 AM »
Do you think Jack could view his dad's body and not notice he was alive? He is a Doctor for crying out loud! Jack should be able to id a dead body, especially his Dad's dead body.

We've beat this dead horse for about a while. I agree with your statement, but a doctor said that the girl drowned and was dead. Eko went to investigate the miracle. He felt there was no miracle that the doctor was mistaken. If Locke can be healed, maybe a newly dead Christian can be healed. Who knows.

If there really is a magic box, we don't know the limits of it. I think that Ben never tells the whole truth. I don't trust him. Magic box or Magic Submarine that can grab Locke's father?

Offline uofapiglet

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2007, 04:22:28 AM »
Man, I have to think about this one... the whole "magic box" thing is confusing so I'll have to rewatch a couple clips and post my thoughts later... I don't even know where to begin... interesting topic though...