Author Topic: Magic Box  (Read 17718 times)

Offline lostatsea

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Box
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 12:27:02 AM »
it will be explained 3 years from now. (in our time frame)

however, it will only be 100 days since when the plane crashed

Offline DaBills

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2007, 12:27:48 AM »
Yemi, dave and christian, not touched...dead...only seen...conjured images from the box.

The horse...real?

The Man from Tally...like the Jug said...another con

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2007, 12:28:23 AM »
Scrod, this is how Christian is going to come back and freak out JAck.

Offline DaBills

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2007, 12:29:15 AM »
Look back....I have been saying Christian alive for a while...nice to see others may think so

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2007, 12:29:33 AM »
I just know, I'm more confused than ever now!!!!

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2007, 12:32:03 AM »
LOL. wowwww.. i want to see new theories people.. get to typing!

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2007, 12:33:16 AM »
I dont know if anyone remembers anything about what I said last week about how they should show Christian being alive.  But they showed Lockes dad being alive in the same exact way.

Offline versed4every1

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2007, 12:37:58 AM »
Maybe "the box" is just a metaphor for whatever controls the smokie.

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2007, 12:47:47 AM »
I think it very peculiar that all these disfunctional, crooked dads all drink the same booze.  Does anyone remember the background of that booze and who made it?  I think Widmore told Desmond the story about it in his office.  That could tie in, in a big way with who "Him" is, I think.  "Him" is who made the booze.  Nancy Drew is on the case!

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2007, 12:50:40 AM »
Maybe it is a certain kind of boose and the only people who can obtain it are people who are part of the "big picture" so to speak, which then leads to be that someone on the plain had it and hwo was that someone.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2007, 12:58:51 AM »
Why do people think Christian is alive?  He's dead.  It would ruin the show if he was alive.

Offline thwgt

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2007, 01:03:11 AM »
I think the magic box is made up. They are playing John again. Ben said earlier, "Bring me the man from Tallahassee" He is one of the others. It  is another con. I believe him, widmore, pak, christian are all involved.
Playing John again?  Are you suggesting that Locke is vulnerable to being conned?  Especially when he thinks he knows what's going on?  Hmmm...interesting theory. ;)

Offline General Zod

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2007, 01:25:12 AM »
I personally think that it would be stupid if Jack's dad is alive.  They better have a solution that makes sense if he is alive.

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2007, 01:29:10 AM »
I personally think that it would be stupid if Jack's dad is alive.  They better have a solution that makes sense if he is alive.

go to par avion there are threads in there that explain why he is alive.

I really wanna know why you think it would be stupid for him to be alive.  It would prove a major theory of how everyone on the plain was planned to be there for a reason.  there is a "big picture" so to speak.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
WHAT IS THE MAGIC BOX?
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2007, 01:30:25 AM »
It is my belief that the island has afforded the Others the ability to traverse quantum realities.  Please read the Unifying Theory of Lost I compiled from previous postings.

With such ability, the Other's could discern the survivors past lives although little time has transpired on the island.  Additionally, the Others could be privy to any circumstance or piece of history provided they didn't alter the quantum trail that leads them to the island and the magic box.  Thus, Mikail speaks of Nadia Komenich as the greatest athlete of all time from personal experience.

Play with the possibilites, but it makes sense that the reason the writers have been so persistent in showing us the flawed lives of the survivors is to provide the reason why they cannot be allowed to have access to such a phenomenon.  Inevitably, Kate would travel back along the quantum thread that led her to the island and save her childhood sweetheart.  Such a move would alter the island, and the Others, within the real time quantum thread/bubble that they inhabit.

It is possible to yank things from the realities experienced.  Hence, the books....art....the man from tallahassee.